Royal up?

3red7s

Hello everyone, hope you are having a terrific Summer.  We have an upcoming cruise on the Harmony of the Seas & after booking an Oceanview, we find ourselves wanting more.  Do we need to wait for a Royal UP Email?  or is there an email address where I can advise them of my interest.  I would to be, proactive, if I can.  Thank you everyone 

On 6/24/2024 at 5:32 PM, 3red7s said:

We have an upcoming cruise on the Harmony of the Seas & after booking an Oceanview, we find ourselves wanting more.  Do we need to wait for a Royal UP Email? 

You've been given all the necessary information on how to access Royal Up, but just to be sure you're aware ... bidding on an upgrade is FAR from a sure thing when so many sailings are at full capacity. If it's important to you, it's probably smart to look into how much an outright upgrade would cost. Often it's not much more than the minimum bid, and you know for sure you'll get the cabin category you want. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheMillenniumRider said:

Exactly what was said above, I got an email for upgrades, and the prices are terrible. $500pp for a JS and 800/pp for a GS, times three. Considering what outright booking those cost is just isn’t worth it. 

Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you’re saying but royal up bids are based on 2 people regardless how many are in the cabin, so times two. 

• Like 2

If you truly want an upgrade, you should bid at least in the mid range of the bidding rates .  It isn't easy now that the ships are sailing full to get an upgrade.  As someone previously said- sometimes it is about the same rate if you pay for the upgrade.  Call your TA or the cruise line to discuss the rates.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

If you truly want an upgrade, you should bid at least in the mid range of the bidding rates.

Maybe sometimes, but we've bid the max on two separate occasions before and the bids were not accepted, yet the one time our offer did get accepted we had bid barely above the minimum. So it's really hit or miss with a lot of other factors involved.

On the two occasions where we had bid the max, our initial bookings were made on the first day of availability and that original category had more than doubled in price after just a few months. So even the total price of our 'max' bid may have been less than what many other bidders were totaling with a mid-range bid.

As other threads here on CC have often mentioned, the algorithm was designed to give RC the highest profit. 

Edited by TheInnocentAge

Try a mock booking to see if there is availability in the category. If there is a good amount of availability I have been successful when using Royal Up with lower to medium bids. Also we are usually already booked for a room with 3 or 4 so my competition is limited to others in the category upgrading 🙂