room service from Manfredi

lovetosew

7 minutes ago, lovetosew said:

I have not seen any information on room service from Manfredi's.  Is it possible or do we all need to wait like cattle for a reservation to the restaurant?

No room service from Manfredi’s but the spaghetti bolognese is excellent! Caesar salad too!

1 hour ago, lovetosew said:

I have not seen any information on room service from Manfredi's.  Is it possible or do we all need to wait like cattle for a reservation to the restaurant?

Use the Viking Voyager app when you board the ship.  We have always gotten reservations easily through this app.

• Like 1

• You people sound like my type of people; love to stand around, waiting no longer than it takes for the maître de to check you to your table and then to a great meal.  It was really an idle question but it did get a response.  I will be looking for a table of strays or solo travelers to join me.  

4 hours ago, lovetosew said:

Hmmm

A bit of an overreaction by you?  Or perhaps you are trying for humor.  Or a bitter chip on the shoulder?

You won't see any info on room service for Manfredi's because there is none.  The only way you get that is if you have COVID and are quarantined.

Never seen any cattle waiting for Manfredi's.

Never have had ANY problems getting into Manfredi's and we don't get reservations until onboard.  We wait until people start cancelling.  Also go when the seas are rough as everyone will cancel.   

Edited by CCWineLover
  • Like 4

The only way you get room service from Manfredi’s is if you are quarantined.  Past experience shows that it’s a really crappy way of getting a meal from there.  

We never board the ship with any dinner reservations and pretty much eat where we want, when we want.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lovetosew said:
  •   I will be looking for a table of strays or solo travelers to join me.  

Viking is not a cruise line that has a lot of solo travellers or "strays" as you call them.  Most of Viking guests are couples and small groups of friends.

Manfredi's is also a specialty restaurant that you must book a table, you cannot - generally speaking - walk in.

I think your best option is to approach the host at Manfredi's when you board and ask if there is a share table available any night.

• Like 2

On a couple of cruises we've been "adopted" by solo travelers.  Don't be afraid to approach people who appear to be compatible, explain your situation, and ask if you may join them for a meal or two, during an excursion, or just relaxing at the pool or on deck.  We've had some good times with "strays" who've adopted us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Viking is not a cruise line that has a lot of solo travellers or "strays" as you call them.  Most of Viking guests are couples and small groups of friends.

Interesting...

On our last cruise there were quite a number of solo single women (widows?  divorcees? ).  Viking even had a special evening party early in the cruise for them all.   On another cruise we got to know a recently widowed woman who was a hoot!  And had drinks and meals with her often.  

As for sharing tables, we hardly ever saw that happen.  We did see couples try to join others at a foursome table in World Cafe, but were declined.

4 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Interesting...

On our last cruise there were quite a number of solo single women (widows?  divorcees? ).  Viking even had a special evening party early in the cruise for them all.   On another cruise we got to know a recently widowed woman who was a hoot!  And had drinks and meals with her often.  

As for sharing tables, we hardly ever saw that happen.  We did see couples try to join others at a foursome table in World Cafe, but were declined.

We have met solo's on Viking, but I just mean by percent Viking is not really the line that attracts solo travellers.

They were declined?  That is not cool.  We often sit at a four table in the WC because we want to be by the window.  If any other couple want to join, and this is not unusual for us, we certainly welcome them.

But I don't see much table sharing on Viking ocean.

As far as specialty restaurant "walk ins", reservations are taken in half hour increments beginning at 6 pm.  We found if we arrive 10-15 minutes after any reservation we would often get in.  One hostess told us they have to wait 15-20 minutes for a no show before they could seat us.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

We have met solo's on Viking, but I just mean by percent Viking is not really the line that attracts solo travellers.

They were declined?  That is not cool.  We often sit at a four table in the WC because we want to be by the window.  If any other couple want to join, and this is not unusual for us, we certainly welcome them.

But I don't see much table sharing on Viking ocean.

In the Main Dining Room it is possible to be seated at a shared table. Just ask as you come up to the podium. If they are currently organizing one or if you are willing to wait, it can be done.