Help! Are all celebrity cruises for people over 55?

Oliver6144

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Well, when you get tired of the Caribbean on Royal, come on over to Europe and enjoy the Adriatic on E-class.  The demographics are quite engaging, not to mention a great gym, exciting ports, history culture and everything in-between!

IMG_2182.jpeg

Wow   Beautiful!!

• Thanks 1

Whoever told you Celebrity is for 55+ is clearly WRONG......and that's coming from someone who's not even out of her 30's yet and has been cruising Celebrity since she was 5 years old.

On almost every Celebrity ship I go on, there's always a mix of older and younger cruisers. 

It's more about what you want to get out of the vacation, not the age of the passengers.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Safe travels to you and "what's his name".............enjoy!!!!! Tomorrow we celebrate anniversary #51 at Longhorns Steak House. July is my "down month" - starting radiation treatments and lots of "other stuff".

Thanks!  Have most of our med cabinet loaded in a duffle bag already...and all the toiletries and a foam topper.  😄 

Aww...bummer on the continuing radiation.  Hope all is healed up and done with all that stuff soon!

Will be booking the Apex "Birthday Boy" cruise when we board Serenade in a week.  Looking forward to that one! 

• Like 1

These days Celebrity is deliberately targeting a younger crowd, and on my sailings I am seeing more and more people under 50, and a lot more families (granted, fewer than other lines like Royal).  A lot depends on the ship and itinerary and time of year.  Longer itineraries on the older ships generally will make me feel pretty young at 72.  3 or 4 night itineraries draw a lot of younger people, as do any Spring Break or summer cruises.  7N cruises fall somewhere in the middle, with a lot depending on the ship.  The newer ships tend to attract younger people and also tend to be more lively (I'm being polite in that description - IMHO as a senior person I find them a lot more noisy and crowded).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

These days Celebrity is deliberately targeting a younger crowd, and on my sailings I am seeing more and more people under 50, and a lot more families (granted, fewer than other lines like Royal).  A lot depends on the ship and itinerary and time of year.  Longer itineraries on the older ships generally will make me feel pretty young at 72.  3 or 4 night itineraries draw a lot of younger people, as do any Spring Break or summer cruises.  7N cruises fall somewhere in the middle, with a lot depending on the ship.  The newer ships tend to attract younger people and also tend to be more lively (I'm being polite in that description - IMHO as a senior person I find them a lot more noisy and crowded).

And is the reason, we (even with Pinnacle benefits) are moving away from RCI.  They only want the young families now...no longer care about we "old fart" loyal customers.  Will be on our first X cruise end of this year with more to come.  But if we find the same thing with X....we will be moving away from that sister line as well.  

We loved Viking last year, and now have 5 longer cruises booked with them.  

23 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

We are trying for the first time in September. On the Beyond. We are looking forward to less kids and no water parks that we pay for in the price, yet never use.  I am hoping we have a new cruise line. 

Me too.  First cruise with X for us in December.  Then became even sweeter for us when they came out with the status match with Royal for perks on X.  😉 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Me too.  First cruise with X for us in December.  Then became even sweeter for us when they came out with the status match with Royal for perks on X.  😉 

Same here!  Just wish they did the drink vouchers.  I like those much better.  Some X folks don't like how RCI does those, but I like them better.

56 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

Same here!  Just wish they did the drink vouchers.  I like those much better.  Some X folks don't like how RCI does those, but I like them better.

Agree....we love the drink voucher program on Royal!   Anywhere, at anytime ....it is happy hour for us.  🥰

We unexpectantly became a Zenith equivalent...without even having been on an X ship before.  Supposedly now have the premium drink package.  Not sure how that all works, happy to have it, but more importantly for me...the WIFI package. 🙂 

Sigh.  Maybe OP's friends should learn from some of the older people about how to play well with others.  I live in a community with people of all ages.  I have no plans to run to the retirement home.  Maybe younger folks haven't learned that lesson yet and think that old people will give them germs or something?  

Virgin is calling their name.... Don't go on Viking unless you want to learn what *really* old is.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Virgin is calling their name.... Don't go on Viking unless you want to learn what *really* old is.

Hah!!   I resemble that remark!!  😄 😄  

Though I did find it interesting when I pull up the Celebrity website to look for new cruises, I see older faces...gosh we do still exist!!.  On all the Royal  website pictures...it is always and only ....young families with kids...

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hah!!   I resemble that remark!!  😄 😄  

My husband is 59 and he refuses to cruise on Viking again because of all the "old" people.  We did two river cruises and one ocean.  It was nice. I did find the food a bit limited.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

My husband is 59 and he refuses to cruise on Viking again because of all the "old" people.  We did two river cruises and one ocean.  It was nice. I did find the food a bit limited.

LOL...OK...more cabin selections for us.  😄  

• Like 1

We were on the Ascent in May so there were very few children on board and lots of older cruisers over 60.  It was a Mediterranean cruise so that may be why. When we first started cruising, we were 40ish and we lived for the Caribbean. With both of us working and kids in college, one week in the islands was about all we could afford.

We took our family to Alaska last May on Quantum of the Seas.  Ship was awesome, food was great and tons of young people. That may be your line.

We've been sailing on Celebrity for 10 years, starting in our early 30s, and it has consistantly met our desired experience. Never had issue with nothing to do, but also rarely stay up past 11pm, because we want to be doing stuff the next day.

Azamara on the other hand, the entire ship was asleep by 9pm, which was a bit much for us, haha.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kr00t0n said:

We've been sailing on Celebrity for 10 years, starting in our early 30s, and it has consistantly met our desired experience. Never had issue with nothing to do, but also rarely stay up past 11pm, because we want to be doing stuff the next day.

Azamara on the other hand, the entire ship was asleep by 9pm, which was a bit much for us, haha.

Did you get the email yet from Celebrity corporate saying you were too old to cruise?  I think the cut off is 45?  🙂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

Like any other cruise, it depends on the time of year and the itinerary.

If you cruise when schools are closed, there will be a passenger population that has a good percentage of teachers and professors enjoying a child free environment.

I personally enjoyed the variety and quality of food on Viking.