cabin temperature

3 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

I like it frosty my wife warmer. 

We have sailed a couple handful of CCL ships she almost always gets a 2nd blankie.  AC usually works well.  

Now the chillers (fridge) are a different story. 😀

When on the ship insted of a conforter, you can ask for a blue blamket, like the ones on deck for dive in movies.

• Thanks 2

We've found the thermostat pretty decent, but we also find that the cabin steward sets it when he does the cabin.  

IIRC, the thermostat does not have a target temperature, just "warmer" and "colder" settings.  So it takes some trial and error to find your preferred setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hard_eight said:

The new ships have a Turbo button ❄️

I used to work in commercial HVAC.  We had more than one building requested thermostats with 'Quick-cool' buttons in all clients' spaces.  They were never programmed to do anything, but it made the client feel like they were more in control 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

• 2 weeks later...

Yes to individual thermostats....still unsure if they really control the temp. Our OV room on deck j2 2 was much cooler and comfy than our balcony on deck 8 ( later cruise ).  I have begun to travel with a very thin , one ply blanket from AAA that I have had for years.  It works great with the sheet. The thick comforter is wayyyyyy too hot for this girl.  I was even hot on Royal this past spring. To me, all cruise cabins are warm much of the time in the Caribbean.  

• Like 2

You may want to bring a fan if needed. We keep the thermostat all the way down in our cabin but have never been remotely cool on any Carnival ship. It's always so hot. 😞 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MtnSeaGirl said:

Yes to individual thermostats....still unsure if they really control the temp. Our OV room on deck j2 2 was much cooler and comfy than our balcony on deck 8 ( later cruise ).  I have begun to travel with a very thin , one ply blanket from AAA that I have had for years.  It works great with the sheet. The thick comforter is wayyyyyy too hot for this girl.  I was even hot on Royal this past spring. To me, all cruise cabins are warm much of the time in the Caribbean.  

On newer ships ie Vista and Excel class ships, there is a supplemental AC.  This provides primary AC for the unit.  This complements The entire ship AC.  For those interested, I track cabin temps in my room.  On both classes, I had to turn the thermostat up.  The coldest temp I got (on a summer cruise) was 64.5, for what ever it is worth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 10:39 AM, MtnSeaGirl said:

Yes the room thermostat definitely work but OV deck will not have any out side air unlike deck 8 with some people leaving balcony doors open and all the cold air will rush out and hot air in if they open and close. 

7 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Yes the room thermostat definitely work but OV deck will not have any out side air unlike deck 8 with some people leaving balcony doors open and all the cold air will rush out and hot air in if they open and close. 

Not sure what OV deck is.

1 minute ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I assume it would be deck 1 and/or 2.  Decks with Oceanview rooms, but no balcony rooms.

Ahhh, get it now.  Thanks