Docking in San Francisco overnight

Minnitub

Hi, we will be overnight in San Francisco on Brilliance of the seas on September 25-26. We want to know if the ship is docked overnight and if we can stay off the ship for a late dinner. Or, are we tendered in from somewhere, and if so...when the last tender would be. Any knowledge on this subject would be appreciated. 

Typically when you are docked overnight, unless you are tendering or there are local port time restrictions, you only have to be back on board at the usual 30 minutes prior to departure. You do not tender in SF, and I doubt SF has any port time restrictions, so I don't think there will be any issues with coming or going from the ship as you wish.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You are docking at Pier 35. Walking out to the Embarcadero (street), to your left at dock 33 is the Alcatraz tour dock. Actually, it's in between 33 and 31. Going to your right from Pier 35 you can walk to Pier 39 which is all restaurants and shops.

Directly across the street from Pier 35 at Embarcadero and Bay is the transportation center for light rail (electric buses) and regular buses. There might be pedal cars (bicycles with a cab attached and a cyclist) along there, too.  

My favorite place is the old (now new since the fire) Ferry Building. It's all restaurants and shops inside now. The ferry to/from Emeryville and Berkeley is right there. 

(It's my favorite because my Grandma when she was in her 20's used to work in one of the big department stores in SF, and walked through the Ferry Building every work day.  She had the day off on 4/18/1906, and watched the earthquake from the roof of her boarding house in Oakland. If she had to work, I wouldn't be writing this today, because at 5:06am she would have been walking up Market St to work. Lucky me!!)

In late September the weather should be in the low 70's during the day. There are many days in SF during September that are very sunny, as it's overcast a lot all year next to the Bay.

• Like 4