July 1st changes: Air program, Comparisons and Summer Sale

WESTEAST

49 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

No, with the new air online option you have a place to choose Economy of FC/BC pricing. No phone call is needed. There is not anywhere I could see to choose your dates and any flight deviations, that I could find, I assume you do this when you book by calling.

Thanks.  Is the capability to select FC/BC availalbe only on a “dummy booking”?

I can find air on a new booking (looks like economy only) but not my current booking.  Our cruise departs on March 27. (266 days away).  Although it is within 270 days, maybe the 270 is not an exact number.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I can find air on a new booking (looks like economy only) but not my current booking.  Our cruise departs on March 27. (266 days away).  Although it is within 270 days, maybe the 270 is not an exact number.

Thanks

I have no idea, I was doing a mock booking which would be the same as booking for real for a new booking. May be different for cruises already booked. I just looked on our March 6, 2025 booked cruise online and I can't find an option for booking air, might be that we booked without air to begin with. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We are on the may 1 to may 22, on the Vista,  Mia to London. 

Booked it when it first came out over 2 years ago.  Got prem econ air for 149 from London.

All of our early booked cruises are now much more.

No sale now can beat the early bookings we took advantage of since prices have risen so sharply.

But it is still interesting to check.

Edited by jonthomas
  • Like 3

On 7/8/2024 at 2:16 PM, terrydtx said:

I have no idea, I was doing a mock booking which would be the same as booking for real for a new booking. May be different for cruises already booked. I just looked on our March 6, 2025 booked cruise online and I can't find an option for booking air, might be that we booked without air to begin with. 

When booking leave with air selected on and after u confirm cabin # the air purchase appears 

Selling air presents lots of variations in fares. .  Planes rides are usually more expensive for longer hauls.  It makes sense that cruises offer air as an add on instead of bundling it in with one price for all air arrangements. It would make more sense if O offered air fares based on which flights you choose. Some cruise lines book cruise only.  After booking, they offer air as an add on  with pricing depending on flights chosen. 

Posted (edited)

I booked a March Papeete to Auckland cruise in May.  As of July 1 PH3 is now $5000 more expensive(total for 2 without air).  What's interesting is the air credit in May was -$4800 total for two but now there is no air credit.  

Also interesting if I do a mock booking with airfare the price only goes up by $598 total.  The lack of logic is making my head hurt. 🙂 🙂 

Edited by davencl
  • Like 3

It’s all a bit of a mystery.  In Australia we have a company offering a cruise package which includes a 22 day Oceania cruise, airfare and two nights accommodation for less than the current cruise fare.   When we checked with our regular TA he told us that Oceania offer a better rate to them if they package the fare.  Oceania will not get any kick back from the airfare or the accommodation.  From Oceania we only can book the cruise there is no option to include airfare.

• Thanks 1

This thread reads same as people describing buying a car and using trade of current vehicle (or not,) and variations of total cost with and without trade and add on services. Truly meant to confuse the consumer and to benefit the car dealer.

This is for U. S. readers and consumers.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 12:58 PM, jagoffee said:

Thanks

The 270 days has to include the return dates not just the departing dates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2024 at 6:57 AM, pinotlover said:

First, let me say that @FlyerTalker could probably address this issue in more detail and hopefully he joins in

Been cruising....not on Oceania...and really have nothing to add.  So much is still presented as indefinite marketing.  I'll keep on buying my air independently - even one-way TATL/TPAC tickets.