Which dining rooms are traditional and which are walk in?

rideev

Currently seeking info for Royal Princess... 

But for all ships, how do we tell which dining rooms are for each type of dining?

The only way I could tell was, select the MDR and it shows times available.  TD was 5pm and 730pm.  DMW was available times 5 pm and every 20 mins.

So, that leaves the other MDR as Anytime MDR.

That is, if your ship has been updated on the App. 😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No one knows yet.  You need to go into your own booking and try to figure it out.  Princess is stingy with information about this.

• Haha 1

Is it possible to book only one night in the traditional DR and the other nights in the any time DR ?

My wife wants to check them all out.

@555 .what ship are you sailing on? If it is The Sun Princess , yes I have heard totally “ different animal” per se,than other ships reservations. 

And I think the answer to :can you book one night traditional dining room and the other nights in the reservable dining room that you can make a reservation every 20 minutes .I don’t think there’s a definitive answer on that yet.
Have you tried going into the app or the web Version & trying to make your reservations ? probably the only way to find out for sure. ( also incase you didn’t already know -all the regular/ main  dining rooms have the same menu )

Some people have reported they could make a reservation day by day in traditional and then fill in with specialty restaurants . Also there is a checkmark box for traditional that says whole voyage or entire voyage for what days. So I would just try what you want and see what happens . 

On 7/1/2024 at 9:36 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

There are two threads that have your info 

Or maybe 15 at this point? 🤣

I sail on Sky Princess in December.  Today 3 July I just booked one of the main dining rooms for nine people for 6:30pm everynight of cruise.  App asked if I wanted same time everynight or if I wanted to change every night.  No issues

14 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I sail on Sky Princess in December.  Today 3 July I just booked one of the main dining rooms for nine people for 6:30pm everynight of cruise.  App asked if I wanted same time everynight or if I wanted to change every night.  No issues

Which Dining room did you book? I am just listing which dining rooms are traditional and which ones are reservable every 20 minutes. Thanks if you don’t mind sharing.

i will update my list if necessary.

On 7/1/2024 at 6:33 PM, rideev said:

But for all ships, how do we tell which dining rooms are for each type of dining?

We were on her last month.  Symphony was for fixed time, allegro was generally for walk up but available for reservations too, concerto mostly was for reservations.  We tried for reservations at concerto and if not at allegro.  At anytime you could walk up to any MDR and ask where you could be seated fastest if you didn’t want to wait and had no reservation.  

On 7/1/2024 at 3:33 PM, rideev said:

Is your cruise on Royal Princess on or after September 14, 2024? If your voyage is from now until September 14, there are totally different “rules “ / ins & outs .

if you’re trying to tell which dining rooms are for each type of dining after September 14, then I have a thread started new dining ship by ship and it will tell you. Here is information for Royal.

Royal Princess

Concerto is traditional at 5 PM and 7:20 PM

Allegro is Reservable every 20 minutes

Symphony is walk in

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

Is your cruise on Royal Princess on or after September 14, 2024? If your voyage is from now until September 14, there are totally different “rules “ / ins & outs .

if you’re trying to tell which dining rooms are for each type of dining after September 14, then I have a thread started new dining ship by ship and it will tell you. Here is information for Royal.

Royal Princess

Symphony is walk in

Sept 28th.  No times available for concerto.  Still trying.

Too many people have claimed they were able to make traditional reservations, but they really didn't understand what traditional was. 

We went ahead and booked allegro for the same time each evening, but will change it to early dining in concerto if it ever opens up. 

Funny thing is, we were able to book traditional dining for a July 2025 Cruise on Majestic, but not the Sept 28, 2024 cruise on Royal.  SMH

15 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

@555 .what ship are you sailing on? If it is The Sun Princess , yes I have heard totally “ different animal” per se,than other ships reservations. 

And I think the answer to :can you book one night traditional dining room and the other nights in the reservable dining room that you can make a reservation every 20 minutes .I don’t think there’s a definitive answer on that yet.
Have you tried going into the app or the web Version & trying to make your reservations ? probably the only way to find out for sure. ( also incase you didn’t already know -all the regular/ main  dining rooms have the same menu )

Some people have reported they could make a reservation day by day in traditional and then fill in with specialty restaurants . Also there is a checkmark box for traditional that says whole voyage or entire voyage for what days. So I would just try what you want and see what happens . 

Yes, it's the Sun. I've tried both the web version and the app and neither will let me make reservations for all nights. Some will only show times past 7:30 that are available and others nights no private tables are available. 

There's nothing consistent using either way. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rideev said:

Sept 28th.  No times available for concerto.  Still trying.

Too many people have claimed they were able to make traditional reservations, but they really didn't understand what traditional was. 

We went ahead and booked allegro for the same time each evening, but will change it to early dining in concerto if it ever opens up. 

Funny thing is, we were able to book traditional dining for a July 2025 Cruise on Majestic, but not the Sept 28, 2024 cruise on Royal.  SMH

Have a feeling on Royal for September  28, 2024 ( this date is around /soon the corner)Traditional DR in Concerto is full,perhaps once onboard you can get in?

Glad you were able to reserve Allegro DR ( reservable reservation slots of 20 minute apart) as your second choice.

July 2025 is a year away,so yes I would expect DR of choice to be available to you at this date.

It is anyone’s guess at this point how this new dining will play out when it actually begins- September 14/15, 2024. Going to be a learning curve for staff on each ship & passengers for sure.

I do think passengers were really missing the traditional dining,but throw COVID in ( not as prevelant,but still here) and now quite a few want private tables instead of shared. So lots of DR choices to “ fit” the puzzle.

18 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Which Dining room did you book? I am just listing which dining rooms are traditional and which ones are reservable every 20 minutes. Thanks if you don’t mind sharing.

i will update my list if necessary.

Hi sorry for the long wait.  I booked Cielo Dining on Sky Princess

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Hi sorry for the long wait.  I booked Cielo Dining on Sky Princess

So Sky Princess in December 2024? Reservation for Cielo - traditional ? or the dining room that takes reservations every 20 minutes.

Thanks so much,Sky Princess at the moment is one of the only Princess ships with conflicting information year to year. Passengers have dining booked for 2026 already on Sky.

Thanks so much

My information is Cielo is the reservable DR with time slots for every 20 minutes to reserve.

Edited by arizonaperson

Sky Princess Dec 2024 booked 9 people in Cielo for 6:30pm every night.  No issues and they take reservations every 20 minutes.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Have a feeling on Royal for September  28, 2024 ( this date is around /soon the corner)Traditional DR in Concerto is full

I don't see how that is possible as we have been checking hourly on the app and on the web version ever since it supposedly opened up on July 1st.  We started checking at 6:00 in the morning (EST) and have gotten the same message each time.  Also, I have yet to hear, either on our Roll Call on these boards, or on bookFace that anyone has been able to book TD.  There have been a few that have been able to book Allegro and got the same time each day, but anyone that has been cruising for years knows that TD is an early seating and a late seating, not incremental in 20 minute intervals.  But thanks for putting that other topic together.

@rideev darn on not being able to book traditional dining for your cruise. Yes, traditional is set time,set table, & set wait staff,etc. Did you try both 5 pm & 7:20? Or only one or the other?

Have you been able to book Allegro,even if that is not your first choice?

I know quite a few people have been having issues logging into their apps, but they’ve been able to do it on the web version and vice versa. No idea if a travel agent could help you out on this or not ,but if you have one, I would reach out to them. And maybe perhaps when you get onboard it won’t be a big deal?? Perhaps the DR  & time of choice will be accomplished once onboard. Who knows , but at this point frustrating for sure .

Royal Princess

Symphony is walk in

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2024 at 7:00 PM, arizonaperson said:

@rideev darn on not being able to book traditional dining for your cruise. Yes, traditional is set time,set table, & set wait staff,etc. Did you try both 5 pm & 7:20? Or only one or the other?

Have you been able to book Allegro,even if that is not your first choice?

I know quite a few people have been having issues logging into their apps, but they’ve been able to do it on the web version and vice versa. No idea if a travel agent could help you out on this or not ,but if you have one, I would reach out to them. And maybe perhaps when you get onboard it won’t be a big deal?? Perhaps the DR  & time of choice will be accomplished once onboard. Who knows , but at this point frustrating for sure .

Royal Princess

Symphony is walk in

Update... On Royal, symphony is traditional for a Sept 28, 2024 cruise.  Concerto must be walk up, allegro is reservations.

Just made traditional dining reservations.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rideev said:

Update... On Royal, symphony is traditional for a Sept 28, 2024 cruise.  Concerto must be walk up, allegro is reservations.

Just made traditional dining reservations.

Thanks pretty much what I posted. When I responded to you on July 4th that was for a voyage in 2025. I didn’t know when your voyage was, but I post the list and update it when members post the year and ship. Some don’t post all the information so I can not update.Appreciate that the information you gave is what I show.

I have a whole other thread called -new dining reservations,ship by ship - hopefully it helps others trying to navigate the new system. That’s where I update the list.

Regal Princess 2024 

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm ( private or shared table) or  7:30pm( private table only)

Allegro-reservable 5 pm - 8:40 pm,every 20 minute reservation time slots

Concerto- walk in

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Thanks 1

@rideev sorry the above post …..I posted the Regal Princess and not the Royal- my mistake.

If you could give me more information, I definitely did not have any information for the Royal Princess in 2024.I know you said you made a reservation for traditional .did you make it for 5 PM or 7:30 PM, and are you at a private table or a shared table? That will help add to my list. Thank you so much. 

Royal Princess-2024 ( voyage 9-28-24)

Symphony- Traditional 5 pm or 7:30 pm

Allegro- reservable every 20 minutes 

Concerto- walk-in 

5:00 Private table.  I heard on our bookFace group that there were no shared tables available.  I do know that most of the 2tops are close enough to have conversations of you prefer though.