New Dining Reservations-ship by ship and Dining Room location

12 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Boku so what did you actually book? Or did you cancel everything? Thank you so much again for your help .

I am really just trying to keep a list of what everyone is booking, that will keep the confusion to a minimum when passengers are looking at their particular ship and dining room.

I cancelled everything because I dont want to dine at either 17:30 or 19:50 and I dont like the Cielo MDR due to its location at the back of the ship.

1 hour ago, rosevew said:

I have booked Soleil in Nov 24 on the 20 minutes slots,  not selecting the same time every day option. For May 25 the only option is Soleil at 7.30 or 9.50 ( doesn't match what I was told today on chat. Have been able to book Ceilo in 20 minute slots.

Ive also booked Soleil in November 24 on the 20 minute slots (for 6 of my 12 nights). The rest Ive booked in Cielo also on the 20 min slots. Cant see any TD times at all in any of the MDRs. First time cruiser with Princess and not paid in full

@Boku thanks for your response. Hopefully you’ll get it sorted out ,but I keep trying to tell people there is a walk-in restaurant ,specialty  & casual restaurants ( fee) , or the buffet. Of course you know all this I am sure.
Well darn - Princess was trying to get back to the traditional dining times because passengers liked it &missed it and it sounds like some people are happy and some people aren’t.

Posted (edited)

@adamtoonarmy. So if I have this correct, you are booked for Sky Princess, November 2024 and part of your cruise nights your dinner reservations are in the Soleil dining room …..if I may ask what time ?
The other half of your cruise nights you are booked in Cielo, which is also reservable every 20 minute time slots?

So you don’t have a reservation in Soleil for 5:30 PM or 7:50 PM? Because I would think that would indicate the traditional dining option ,but perhaps at this time/ date ( too close to voyage) the traditional in Soleil is full/ not available and they are now using Soleil for reservable every 20 minute time-slots and that’s why perhaps it’s not consistent with some of the other ships, but who knows that’s why I’m trying to sort this out and put it all in one spot for those of you that have actually booked a reservation .

thanks for your help.

Edited by arizonaperson

16 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@Boku thanks for your response. Hopefully you’ll get it sorted out ,but I keep trying to tell people there is a walk-in restaurant ,specialty  & casual restaurants ( fee) , or the buffet. Of course you know all this I am sure.
Well darn - Princess was trying to get back to the traditional dining times because passengers liked it &missed it and it sounds like some people are happy and some people aren’t.

We are sorted, we will use Estrella and wait for a table or go to the casual and speciality restaurants.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@adamtoonarmy. So if I have this correct, you are booked for Sky Princess, November 2024 and part of your cruise nights your dinner reservations are in the Soleil dining room …..if I may ask what time ?
The other half of your cruise nights you are booked in Cielo, which is also reservable every 20 minute time slots?

So you don’t have a reservation in Soleil for 5:30 PM or 7:50 PM? Because I would think that would indicate the traditional dining option ,but perhaps at this time/ date ( too close to voyage) the traditional in Soleil is full/ not available and they are now using Soleil for reservable every 20 minute time-slots and that’s why perhaps it’s not consistent with some of the other ships, but who knows that’s why I’m trying to sort this out and put it all in one spot for those of you that have actually booked a reservation .

thanks for your help.

5 of my Soleil reservations are at 6.30 and the other is at 7.10

all 6 of my Ceilo are at 6.30

all private tables for 2. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

thanks for your help.

We have been able to book 19:50 in Soleil when we wanted it but not as traditional dining! Seems a right mess 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rosevew said:

Screenshot_20240709-200058.thumb.png.79365520c2b905561bc11fc2992e51e8.png

Can I ask please what email address you used to get this reply?

I phoned Princess UK earlier to check my dining was okay as we have also booked Soleil on the 20 minute slots.   He obviously wasn't in the UK but was being helpful although I did have a problem understating him and had to keep asking him to repeat what he said. The upshot of it was he said our dining was fine and the slots wouldn't get cancelled. I did try asking about the fixed dining etc but I'm not sure he understood me, so I never got an answer to that one for Sky. 

4 minutes ago, adamtoonarmy said:

5 of my Soleil reservations are at 6.30 and the other is at 7.10

all 6 of my Ceilo are at 6.30

all private tables for 2. 

good luck in that your actual seating times are the same as your reservations ... and servers are available ... and cooks are not backed up from earlier ... and

available tables are generally not the problem

@rosevew are you sure that your dinner reservation is at 1950 a.k.a. 7:50 PM is not traditional in the Soleil dining room on the Sky Princess? What month & date?

well I guess time will tell and that’s why it’s been so difficult for the Sky princess to report any accuracy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Yep.  As it ever was.  Can't please everyone.  

30 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@rosevew are you sure that your dinner reservation is at 1950 a.k.a. 7:50 PM is not traditional in the Soleil dining room on the Sky Princess? What month & date?

well I guess time will tell and that’s why it’s been so difficult for the Sky princess to report any accuracy.

No, it's one of the 20 minute slots which go from 5.30 to 9.10. I was told several times that traditional dining is 5 and 7.30. this is November 24. I repeatedly asked how it was going to work when there was also traditional dining and was told that all would be fine. I have my doubts but time will tell 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Can I ask please what email address you used to get this reply?

I phoned Princess UK earlier to check my dining was okay as we have also booked Soleil on the 20 minute slots.   He obviously wasn't in the UK but was being helpful although I did have a problem understating him and had to keep asking him to repeat what he said. The upshot of it was he said our dining was fine and the slots wouldn't get cancelled. I did try asking about the fixed dining etc but I'm not sure he understood me, so I never got an answer to that one for Sky. 

I went on chat, no point speaking to people in the Philippines about it.

As of this afternoon this is the only availability on the Coral  for the departure on Oct. 17 out of Singapore:

Provence:  Shared table only 5:00PM only

Bordeaux: Shared table only 5:00,5:20 and 5:40PM only.

No opportunity for a private table.

Posted (edited)

@Martin17 thanks.

Bordeaux dining room is suppose to also be the walk in  DR. On The Coral Princess.

Since all this is new ,time will tell ,but anyone interested in a private table at this point that has not made reservations try to be patient and walk up to the hostess/host stand once onboard and ask for a private table for your party whether it be a party of two, a party of three ,a party of four etc.

Of course, just like a land base restaurant you may have to wait for a table.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Royal Princess - not available for booking as yet 

We are Platinum sailing Aug 2025 and cannot book (very frustrating)

Sorry,but I do think Over 1 year away is too soon and perhaps the app and the web version think so too?

obviously keep trying to book your dinner reservations and perhaps in August 2024 dining reservations will open up for the Royal Princess voyages in August of 2025.

Just now, canadarocks said:

Just want to applaud you @arizonaperson. This is a massive endeavour and it certainly doesn’t help that Princess is doing their usual fine job of making it easy! 😜

Aww thanks. So many variables in all this!

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out/enforced on September 15, 2024 & beyond 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Aww thanks. So many variables in all this!

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out/enforced on September 15, 2024 & beyond 

@arizonperson don't you ever sleep, you poor thing!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@lorri111 oh yes, I get 8-9 hours of solid uninterrupted sleep every night.

I am just a helpful & organized person. I’m a Virgo if that makes any sense to anyone,most of us are a lot alike.

I see your posts on these threads at all hours, so I was curious!

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I see your posts on these threads at all hours, so I was curious!

We’ll…. Not at all hours ….you are probably just seeing a lot of them because of the “ new dining program” .

l am definitely not posting during my sleep hours! I am in the USA on Pacific time zone. So it’s 11:40 am (Wednesday)in Perth & 8:40pm (Tuesday) in Arizona .

Soon you won’t see posts from me!🛏️

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2