Live from the Land of Princess

18 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I asked at the Good Spirits bar where I have now parked myself with a 24K Margarita. This drink is amazing: thank you to everyone who recommended it!

IMG_6380.thumb.jpeg.9e8263699ad7eea27334611c20981340.jpeg

They don’t do nuts at the bars anymore according to the bartender. Not since Covid.

This is absolutely without a doubt my favorite margarita!  My mom, sister and brother in law went with us in October. They loved it too!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Any votes on what drink I should have now?

Have the bartender at Good Spirits make you a toasted almond martini. If you like the coffee martini, you’ll love this! It’s now my “go to”.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Nice hours for the buffet. I can’t tell you how many times on our NCL cruise in May that we just missed breakfast (too early based on excursions) or lunch (too late based on excursions).  And, heaven forbid if you wanted a little nosh after 9:30 pm.  

What’s in The Grill on Deck 15 from 11 am - 9 pm?

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Nice hours for the buffet. I can’t tell you how many times on our NCL cruise in May that we just missed breakfast (too early based on excursions) or lunch (too late based on excursions).  And, heaven forbid if you wanted a little nosh after 9:30 pm.  

What’s in The Grill on Deck 15 from 11 am - 9 pm?

It seems like Topsiders. I’ve only seen drinks but there are tables set up so maybe they have burgers and hot dogs.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

It seems like Topsiders. I’ve only seen drinks but there are tables set up so maybe they have burgers and hot dogs.

Yes, on many other Princess ships, this venue is called SaltyDog Grill, not to be confused with Casual dining venue SaltyDog Gastropub on some other ships.

SaltyDog Gastropub on Discovery was recently converted to O’Malley’s. Believe Ruby and Emerald still have Gastropub in an area of Wheelhouse Lounge serving dinner.

Menu items of ‘grill’ usually are hot dogs, burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches , nachos, street tacos, and of course fries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I think your mystery light thingy is an emergency power outage flashlight. Here’s someone’s photos,might not be exactly like yours,apparently it pulls out of wall.

Princess should label this! Where’s my label maker. 
In all my Princess cruises, I have never needed or asked what this was, hope you find out the same thing.IMG_0568.thumb.jpeg.95a7630691e05c6d7bc9764e089c54dd.jpeg

IMG_0569.thumb.jpeg.016f8e02877f96ccf9a18aacc84e6ac0.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Where did we leave off? I was at the Good Spirits bar and the bartending demo/show happened so I learned how to make Key Lime Pie cocktail and Butterfly Tea. I couldn’t figure out how people were ordering the drinks the bartender created. Perhaps in the app I can’t use…

IMG_6382.thumb.jpeg.fae38d952ff39bb273150f0de91c743a.jpeg

IMG_6383.thumb.jpeg.b56ff27d718547bbab9061cf8782652a.jpeg

IMG_6385.thumb.jpeg.9e2ea3f246080fc74928e71e3ccd07a4.jpeg

IMG_6386.thumb.jpeg.20bdb93bf1db4d1616e9016f8e58b4e7.jpeg

I made a big salad for dinner and it was delicious. I used a bed of crisp, fresh mixed greens, topped it with garden peas, shredded carrots and beets, tossed on cauliflower florets and wedges of succulent ripe tomatoes and garnished with unsalted sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Then I added a hot lentil patty for protein. A perfect-for-me dinner! I appreciate the ceramic plates in the Horizon Court instead of plastic ones that always make me think of summer camp.

In between dinner and the main show I went to Explorers Lounge for the nightly game show. Tonight it was Strikeout which is the same as This or That. Coasters were given out as prizes and there was a murmur of an inside joke each time a coaster was presented.

Aaron told us in his closing remarks last night to get to the show early tonight to get a seat. Being a type A rule follower, I did. Then I had a long wait because the show didn’t start on time.

Do You Wanna Dance was a fast-paced showcase of world dance. We saw hip hop, Bollywood, Riverdance, Flamenco and samba. The lead male singer seemed off and looked and sounded bored.

The dancers, choreography and outfits were dazzling and this high energy dance-centric production show was a lot of fun. 

IMG_6389.thumb.jpeg.432f350e51da80032979df78183ae807.jpeg

I think something was missing though, because it started at 9:37 and ended at 10:04 instead of 10:15. I spent more time waiting than watching! Oh well. 

After the show I did some deck walking then went to Horizon Court to see what they had for late night munchies. It was still the full dinner set up. These photos were taken at 10:25pm. 

IMG_6391.thumb.jpeg.1b4bd883692bbeda9b3be20dcd7421c0.jpeg

IMG_6392.thumb.jpeg.3a72c0e8c3834ea6102b3975d25eecbf.jpeg

IMG_6393.thumb.jpeg.840855314dd2197f467160a87e600571.jpeg

IMG_6394.thumb.jpeg.797aa6821839a7d7d7b92c168f56c8a1.jpeg

IMG_6395.thumb.jpeg.6c6b9e874c4c23547b1f1fb8a40f700a.jpeg

IMG_6396.thumb.jpeg.3d4673325298fb23a737f5ff51a1a8dd.jpeg

IMG_6397.thumb.jpeg.282a78388942d6ff689150bfc791c399.jpeg

IMG_6398.thumb.jpeg.8c3915e01f97292f9fe203109ffbc19b.jpeg

IMG_6400.thumb.jpeg.fae5ffbdcc29e782f7a6e73777987a1c.jpeg

Post-show, pre-bedtime snack: peanut butter cookies right out of the oven! Slightly crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, bursting with peanut buttery goodness.

IMG_6405.thumb.jpeg.453fe55c59afcfa21241feb383a9105c.jpeg

These tasted just like the ones my mom used to make and my mom was a fantastic cook and baker.

Thanks to the advice of a friend, I have found a different place to hang the undies I washed tonight. I used a pants hanger, deployed both clips then wedged the hanger into the air conditioning unit on the ceiling.  Advice from me: if you try this don’t forget you have undies hanging from the ceiling and walk into them. Trust me.

As far as not having the app, I can’t access the port guides. I went to Guest Services tonight and picked up a paper copy so that’s an option if you ever find yourself sans app. I have moved through the stages of grief over not having the Princess App and have now reached a state of somewhat begrudging acceptance. 

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 14
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You should not have to accept this. I’m angry and frustrated for you! The princess app is a crap shoot and the reason I left princess to explore other lines. 

At Good Spirits, all the drinks are available to be ordered. They have a “special “ menu for the shows but those drinks can be ordered at any time if you ask for that menu.  The butterfly something or other is good. There is a drink that is just really bad…but I can’t remember the name !

Do You Wanna Dance is one of my favourite shows!

Edited by ceilidh1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

I'm jealous have to wait over 100 days for my Godfather. Love this drink and get it here each time before dinner after it I get a Lemoncello.

I hope I remember to order a Godfather when I dine there!

9 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

You should not have to accept this. I’m angry and frustrated for you! The princess app is a crap shoot and the reason I left princess to explore other lines. 

At Good Spirits, all the drinks are available to be ordered. They have a “special “ menu for the shows but those drinks can be ordered at any time if you ask for that menu.  The butterfly something or other is good. There is a drink that is just really bad…but I can’t remember the name !

Do You Wanna Dance is one of my favourite shows!

I will make sure I don’t order the really bad one!

Do the featured drinks change each night for the presentation at Good Spirits? For some reason I thought I was going to an acrobat show and didn’t know it was cocktail class.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Also, is Do You Wanna Dance supposed to be so short? It really felt like something was chopped out.

I don’t remember it being short 

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

I think your mystery light thingy is an emergency power outage flashlight. Here’s someone’s photos,might not be exactly like yours,apparently it pulls out of wall.

Princess should label this! Where’s my label maker. 
In all my Princess cruises, I have never needed or asked what this was, hope you find out the same thing.IMG_0568.thumb.jpeg.95a7630691e05c6d7bc9764e089c54dd.jpeg

IMG_0569.thumb.jpeg.016f8e02877f96ccf9a18aacc84e6ac0.jpeg

Does this mean "we" have one more outlet?

7 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I will make sure I don’t order the really bad one!

Do the featured drinks change each night for the presentation at Good Spirits? For some reason I thought I was going to an acrobat show and didn’t know it was cocktail class.

Drinks are the same each night. It’s on a separate menu. Technically you can order off it whenever but they only pur it out when the “shows” are on.”- If you are at the bar, they usually give you “free” drink nos of the ones they are making!

• Like 1

The production show should have started at 9:30 and ended at 10 PM.  30 minute performances.

You found my all time favorite:  Peanut Butter cookies.  They freeze well and reheat in your oven for a delicious memory.

• Like 1

Uh oh.

I broke the not-a-flashlight. I tried to pull it off the wall and this happened. If I had the app I could send a chat. I wonder how they would respond if I told them the flashlight in the room “broke?”

IMG_6409.thumb.jpeg.9eb1065600a76c7ecc3b833a269cbdf9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Good spirits should have a real menu for you. Here’s a few photos.

IMG_0135.thumb.webp.acee331312f048ee31b1d453a00a18eb.webp

IMG_0581.thumb.jpeg.b2c4e15baee77c6735fa70f8f15fd7e2.jpeg

But which one is the really bad one @ceilidh1 said not to order?

• Haha 4