Live from the Land of Princess

19 minutes ago, kluv2cruz said:

Was your Nuuk 2 hour excursion private or a ship one? What was it called please? Looked fantastic.

Hi! This was a Princess shore excursion titled Wildlife Fjord Safari by Boat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

... photos of the offerings in Horizon Court for Scandinavian night. I have had more variety in these 11 days on Princess than in all my 14 years on NCL ... 

Seriously, I can confidently affirm your remark above, not for 14 years but I dare to say 25 years sailing NCL. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

The action station tonight was waffles with all the toppings

IMG_7620.thumb.jpeg.7f139d7c2b824ec555a928d05c914514.jpeg

IMG_7618.thumb.jpeg.8a8449081c1bc47132f26e0d1f29cd6c.jpeg

IMG_7619.thumb.jpeg.bf4cf6fabc644642b8a9ac71094d7171.jpeg

IMG_7621.thumb.jpeg.02c7bc08112daa2a9ea4e6485885213a.jpeg

Someone made brownies and put three bowls of hot fudge sauce nearby

IMG_7623.thumb.jpeg.99802bab683895cdfb8fb897769ca597.jpeg

IMG_7624.thumb.jpeg.89b414ffc64887a4d7d4c64e276fd6c8.jpeg

IMG_7625.thumb.jpeg.9df635c0780ac400d121999ca565f3f8.jpeg

IMG_7627.thumb.jpeg.b608d81b8e5f90770b9d4a85469fceec.jpeg

IMG_7628.thumb.jpeg.6e2fdeb656022b090236e85bb82928b9.jpeg

IMG_7629.thumb.jpeg.428d4c1dd52320d4acefaae65222139f.jpeg

IMG_7630.thumb.jpeg.531d3334ef382c53857e9c4d87cf8e21.jpeg

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I appreciate all the information and the food photos are the best. Continue to have a wonderful trip.

• Like 2

Golly! I guess with age comes an expectation of yummy food. All those food photos look just, wonderful! So much variety. Thanks for sharing all the food with us!! 

Question (those from NCL know why I'm asking) - do the desserts actually taste good or are they just pretty? 

Was there much a premium on the Princess fare compared to your previous sailings on NCL? Do you feel it was worth it (I have a feeling I know the answer to this). 

I'm still lovin' it (your review, that is)! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Golly! I guess with age comes an expectation of yummy food. All those food photos look just, wonderful! So much variety. Thanks for sharing all the food with us!! 

Question (those from NCL know why I'm asking) - do the desserts actually taste good or are they just pretty? 

Was there much a premium on the Princess fare compared to your previous sailings on NCL? Do you feel it was worth it (I have a feeling I know the answer to this). 

Yes, they actually taste good.  There is one in the mdr...it's a heart shaped love boat cake...delicious!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hi! The food is incredible! Not only does it look wonderful, the flavours are truly amazing. I will never forget that roasted pumpkin and the quinoa pesto pilaf from last night!

I haven’t tried a lot of the desserts. The little ones served at afternoon tea have been delicious and I have had to restrain myself. The hot baked brownies are to die for!  I have had many a cookie and they are homemade, often warm and perfect.  Something that is catching my attention is people are not leaving anything behind on their plates. On NCL there is a lot of food wasted. On Princess, everything is so yummy it all gets gobbled up.

In terms of price comparison, I haven’t worked it out. This is a 21 day cruise and I have never done one that long with NCL (last summer on the Star it was a B2B and I got a great deal.) Since I am cruising solo I paid double for this cruise so it was expensive. There was a sizeable price drop and my WTA (wonderful travel agent) was on it.  I also received a free cabin upgrade which has been amazing. My room steward is outstanding. I mentioned earlier that I used money from an insurance settlement from a bad car accident in 2017 to pay for this trip.

NCL does a better job of accommodating solo cruisers in terms of rates and cabin options and having options that don’t involve a double fare.

Yes, it was/is 100% worth it for me to be sailing on Princess. I don’t feel like I can give a completely fair comparison since this is my first Princess ship but I am impressed, happy and am loving being on board the Island Princess.  

I know you like the Haven. Check out Princess Enclave, suites and the Sanctuary.

I will say that I am experiencing way better service as a new cruiser with zero status than I ever get on most NCL ships (the Jewel is an exception for my dad and I because the GM Rumi has made our cruises so special.)

Regular Princess food is better than NCL Haven and suites food (for me) and regular Princess service is better than what I have encountered in the Haven. 

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 4

After I finished that drink the bartender asked me if wanted another one. I said I would like to try something different and now I have this

IMG_7634.thumb.jpeg.f0a586b031ab0f2767923653aeb71df8.jpeg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, YVRteacher said:

Does Princess always use feather pillows and feather quilts or is it possible to request non-feathery filled bedding?

You definitely can request non-feather.  I am allergic so I know it's not only possible but easy to get!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tyskie said:

You definitely can request non-feather.  I am allergic so I know it's not only possible but easy to get!

Do you order ahead of time or request a switch once on board?

Posted (edited)

@YVRteacher love the breakfast espresso martini idea. ( breakfast of champions) Absolutely loving your drinks of choice ,beautiful scenery photos, and food pictures. I would say if you think you are allergic to the feathers in the pillows, I would  contact your cabin steward and have them switch it out before you go to sleep tonight. You can usually get a hold of them or their assistant fairly quickly . Do they still have a little card in the cabin that you can just call on the phone and “page “ them ( steward) or is it done for the app now?

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I now believe I too am allergic to feathers.

Emotional Support Ostrich does not endorse this message...

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, YVRteacher said:

Do you order ahead of time or request a switch once on board?

For my Princess sailings, that's a day one request from me: to switch out the overly hot feather comforter and  even hotter duvet cover for a simple cotton blanket.  The steward always accommodates. 

(Mine are Caribbean sailings, so I'm forever stumped why they give us bedding more appropriate for, say, Greenland).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Hi! The food is incredible! Not only does it look wonderful, the flavours are truly amazing. I will never forget that roasted pumpkin and the quinoa pesto pilaf from last night!

I haven’t tried a lot of the desserts. The little ones served at afternoon tea have been delicious and I have had to restrain myself. The hot baked brownies are to die for!  I have had many a cookie and they are homemade, often warm and perfect.  Something that is catching my attention is people are not leaving anything behind on their plates. On NCL there is a lot of food wasted. On Princess, everything is so yummy it all gets gobbled up.

In terms of price comparison, I haven’t worked it out. This is a 21 day cruise and I have never done one that long with NCL (last summer on the Star it was a B2B and I got a great deal.) Since I am cruising solo I paid double for this cruise so it was expensive. There was a sizeable price drop and my WTA (wonderful travel agent) was on it.  I also received a free cabin upgrade which has been amazing. My room steward is outstanding. I mentioned earlier that I used money from an insurance settlement from a bad car accident in 2017 to pay for this trip.

NCL does a better job of accommodating solo cruisers in terms of rates and cabin options and having options that don’t involve a double fare.

Yes, it was/is 100% worth it for me to be sailing on Princess. I don’t feel like I can give a completely fair comparison since this is my first Princess ship but I am impressed, happy and am loving being on board the Island Princess.  

I know you like the Haven. Check out Princess Enclave, suites and the Sanctuary.

I will say that I am experiencing way better service as a new cruiser with zero status than I ever get on most NCL ships (the Jewel is an exception for my dad and I because the GM Rumi has made our cruises so special.)

Regular Princess food is better than NCL Haven and suites food (for me) and regular Princess service is better than what I have encountered in the Haven. 

Wow! I feel bad for asking you to spend your vacation time writing out this response. Princess needs to compensate you. Tell them I said so! I don't care what my husband says (dress, non-Haven, etc.) we are going to book a 2026 or 2027 on Princess to Alaska. 

With the Enclave, suite and Sanctuary! All those sound lovely. 

• Like 7