Ezair change question?

I have searched but not found this topic discussed.  I tried online chat with Princess but was referred to EXAir as I expected.  I called EZAir yesterday with a different question and would like to avoid for this one if possible. 

I have booked round trip international flights for a cruise next year. I need to change my return flight only. I would like to keep the outbound flight as is and it is not showing as an option anymore so would like to avoid cancelling and rebooking both if possible. 

Here is my question. When I try to change the return flight online the flight options show a price ($2000*). Is the shown price IN ADDITION to the total I already reserved or will I get a credit for the flight I’m changing from?  Is it possible to see how much just that flight cost of the original total?  All I see is all flights together, no breakdown. 

We have had good luck with EZ air both internationally and domestically. The only downsides are having to wait to pick seats, and occasionally having to pay baggage fees that I wouldn't owe if I booked directly with the airline.

You certainly can get a breakdown.  Just remember if you change your flights you are subject to the fares in effect when you rebook AND the terms of your ticket that could have additional.fees.

I would check airlines direct for the flight you want to change and CANCEL that flight with EZAir.  Rebook with EZAir or direct.

Posted (edited)

@lennythenose when I attempt what you're trying to do I cannot do it by myself without it converting both legs into a one-way ticket but my CVP can. So I usually just switch the whole thing again & again & again (just traded my September 2024 one last week as I found a one with better timing .... before 45 days when flexible tickets can no longer be changed but after 90 day final pymt date)

@Teechur i only book flights where I can select my seat at the same time. Limits me to Alaska, American, Delta, and United. There's a few others that let me pick a seat immediately after booking but that's too much bother. And prefer UAL as the upgrading at their app is most reasonable 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would recommend not signing in to your Cruise Personalizer and to check flight options & prices that are currently available.

As I recall, it is not possible to change one flight without canceling & rebooking. By following the above you would know the choices if necessary to cancel & rebook. By checking one-way fares you’ll know the airfare for each flight which in my experience has been a combination of both for a roundtrip.

EZair rules have changed including now limiting flights to arrive 5 days or less pre & post cruise. Also when booking a one-way outbound flight it cannot be done until 330 days prior to a return flight even when not booking one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

i only book flights where I can select my seat at the same time. Limits me to Alaska, American, Delta, and United. There's a few others that let me pick a seat immediately after booking but that's too much bother. And prefer UAL as the upgrading at their app is most reasonable

That’s generally been my experience too when booking international flights from/to the US on US based carriers. Many of the non-US carriers charge for seat assignments when flying coach with the only exception I’ve experienced is for a recent Air New Zealand booking.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s generally been my experience too when booking international flights from/to the US on US based carriers. Many of the non-US carriers charge for seat assignments when flying coach with the only exception I’ve experienced is for a recent Air New Zealand booking.

Exactly. My upgrade on UA going from SFO -> LHR = $229. Going from economy -> premium economy as soon as I'm sure I won't switch again. 

@lennythenose what you're trying to do is a task for your CVP or TA

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Astro Flyer I've got a B2B coming up. Does this new rule mean I can fly in for 1st leg then fly out after 2nd leg without booking two 1-way flights?

Sorry but I have not experienced your situation but my guess is that it would have to be two one-way flights…one for each cruise.

Another EZair limitation I’ve discovered for our Spring 2025 cruises 2 days apart. We can book a o/w from the US to Australia but cannot book an OZ to NZ flight…only from the US to NZ is available. Some have posted that it might be possible by calling EZair although they wrote that EZair might not be any cheaper. Although even at the same price the EZair change/cancel options would make it worthwhile for us.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ombud said:

@Astro Flyer I've got a B2B coming up. Does this new rule mean I can fly in for 1st leg then fly out after 2nd leg without booking two 1-way flights?

We are booked for two cruises out of FLL this January with two days hotel stay in between. We just booked EZair flights under the second cruise, round trip arriving in FLL ten days early to cover both cruises. No muss, no fuss. Did this last year as well no problem.

Edited by seastheday
  • Like 3

^^^^ Curious how you managed to do this. 

What you booked last year, with the recent change made by EZair, is no longer possible since flights can only be booked up to 5 days before departure, much to many peoples chagrin.

A B2B with 2 days between cruises would usually enable you to book 2 seperate flights: a one way to the first cruise and a return one way following the second cruise, giving total flexibilty in routing and fares.

^^^  Not neccessarily.  Before the change for a B2B you could book round trip based on the first day of the first cruise and the last day of the last cruise.  Or check the price of two one ways seperately. 

Now you don't have a choice. A B2B, B3B or..... needs seperate bookings at both ends with just 5 days to play with at both ends.

My annoyance with this change is right up there with the elimination of coffee cards!!!!