Elite Plus discounts

I am Elite Plus and may be considering a cruise with a companion who is not Elite Plus (never cruised Celebrity). I get discounts for things like beverage package, wifi and specialty dining.

Questions:

(Replies only from those who have actual experience with these issues as opposed to guesstimates please)

1. If I go and book those things for the cabin (meaning the two of us) will the Elite Plus discount be deducted for both of us or only for me?

2. When booking any of these extras in advance on the Celebrity website will it deduct the Elite Plus discount at that time or do I have to wait to book onboard? I recall having issues before (2019 and prior) with getting the Elite Plus discount for specialties in advance; I think I had to go to guest services onboard and have some adjustment made. 

I will obviously monitor sales for the extra items where the discount may exceed the Elite Plus discount I get.

Celebrity has been working on have the Captains Club discounts show in the. Cruise Planner.  On 1 booking the discount shows but on the others it doesn’t.  So odds are you will still have to call to have the discount applied. 

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Celebrity has been working on have the Captains Club discounts show in the. Cruise Planner.  On 1 booking the discount shows but on the others it doesn’t.  So odds are you will still have to call to have the discount applied. 

Okay, thanks. I assume that Elite Plus discount cannot be combined with a sale price for beverage package or WiFi in advance, right? So if not then I guess I mind as well just wait to book onboard for those things if I don’t see a price online with a greater discount than what I get with Elite Plus.

12 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Okay, thanks. I assume that Elite Plus discount cannot be combined with a sale price for beverage package or WiFi in advance, right? So if not then I guess I mind as well just wait to book onboard for those things if I don’t see a price online with a greater discount than what I get with Elite Plus.

Correct not combinable with discounts/sale price.  I tend to book the extras before hand overall as there usually is some type of sale beforehand that would offer better, the only one I know I cant is the specialty rest discount.  That I usually wait to onboard as that is usually last minute decision.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Correct no stacking of discounts.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I am Elite Plus and may be considering a cruise with a companion who is not Elite Plus (never cruised Celebrity). I get discounts for things like beverage package, wifi and specialty dining.

Questions:

(Replies only from those who have actual experience with these issues as opposed to guesstimates please)

1. If I go and book those things for the cabin (meaning the two of us) will the Elite Plus discount be deducted for both of us or only for me?

2. When booking any of these extras in advance on the Celebrity website will it deduct the Elite Plus discount at that time or do I have to wait to book onboard? I recall having issues before (2019 and prior) with getting the Elite Plus discount for specialties in advance; I think I had to go to guest services onboard and have some adjustment made. 

I will obviously monitor sales for the extra items where the discount may exceed the Elite Plus discount I get.

X is now big into "flash sales", the good news is you can book your packages/tours now and if they go down in price like when there's a flash sale, you can just cancel and rebook at the cheaper price.  Even if a tour is full, you can cancel and rebook it 10-20mins later yet do take a slight risk of losing it during that 10-20mins

• Like 1

Your first-timer companion can accompany you to the elite breakfast. But he or she will not get other perks, such as Wi-Fi discounts, free Wi-Fi, happy hour drinks, Café al Bacio drinks, specialty dining discounts

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Your first-timer companion can accompany you to the elite breakfast. But he or she will not get other perks, such as Wi-Fi discounts, free Wi-Fi, happy hour drinks, Café al Bacio drinks, specialty dining discounts

Thanks. I remember that in the past you could take your cabin mate to the Happy Hour.

7 hours ago, caribbeanboy said:

Thanks. I remember that in the past you could take your cabin mate to the Happy Hour.

Yes, in the past when they had happy hour up in the sky lounge (or whatever they called it on a particular ship).  You could take your cabin mate there and to the morning breakfast.  Now that they allowed drinks at any bar during happy hour, only Elite or Elite+ and above are able to partake in happy hour drinks.  Cabin mates are SOL.  😄

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2024 at 12:43 PM, WonderMan3 said:

Here is my issue with waiting to board.  The prices fluctuate so much that even if your elite discount is more than the current sale, the on board base price may be higher than the base price they are currently discounting from. It can also be a lower base price which would put you a head of the game.  The best thing to do is look for a price that you are comfortable with and purchase that and watch for a price drop. I have found that it is a much better deal to book all inclusive if you are going to purchase WiFi and the Drink package when you book the cruise. It worked out to $50 a day for the classic drink package and basic WiFi for my upcoming cruise in Sept. I have priced other cruises where the price for both was $42.50 a day.   After I booked the trip the planner was advertising this for double the price even with a 40% discount. They just raise the base price and discount off of that. It's all smoke and mirrors. I bet you don't even think to calculate the daily price of the AI offer at the time of booking because you are Elite Plus and are counting on using your discount. When I refer to calculating the daily price I mean just for the drink package and Wifi not including the price of the room.

Edited by Iamcruzin