Specialty Restaurant Promotions for 1st night of cruise

I did a search, but found nothing regarding this particular question.  Does Celebrity offer any promotions to encourage dining at the specialty restaurants on embarkation day? I have heard of other cruise lines offering half price bottles of wine or other enticements on the 1st day of the cruise, was wondering if Celebrity did anything similar.  Thank you for your kind input. 

Posted (edited)

Other than with the planner pre cruise dining packages sales, the only restaurant that IMO would be likely to do this my be Tuscan, as they frequently offer specials during the week on board.  When this is done it is typically for a discount on the specialty restaurant fee.

I don't know that as a rule this is always done, however.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

They offer 30% off the 1st night on the M and S class ships for some restaurants.  These are offered in the Cruise Planner pre and book up quickly.  

I don’t recall seeing the same offer on the E class ships, but may have just missed it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Debowah said:

enticements on the 1st day of the cruise

None have been offered for our Edge sailings in February/March.

• Like 1

We have had such discounts regularly on S class ships.  However, on E class, it depends on the laws of supply and demand.  There were no such discounts on the Ascent but a 30% discount for the first night was available on the Beyond.  Check out  Dining in your Cruise Planner and book early.

• Like 1

I am now wondering if it has been retired.  It used to be pretty common to find the Day 1 30% discount available to reserve specialty dining in the cruise planner.  I have not noticed this availability recently, so I just checked my 6 bookings and none of them offer the first night discount.  Also, both of my 2026 bookings only offer the three new “cooking” classes under dining, but no specialty restaurants.

• Like 2

On Edge to Alaska there were no 30% discounts offered ahead of time in the planner. However, once aboard, staff were stationed outside the buffet offering discounts for that night. I asked about Roof Top Grill, they offered a discount, but it wasn't much. I walked away, they called me back with a lower price, I countered with $30 inclusive of tax/tip and they took it. My mistake - dinner was miserably cold and windy. Had that not been the case, I'd have been happy with the deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccqueenanne said:

On Edge to Alaska there were no 30% discounts offered ahead of time in the planner. However, once aboard, staff were stationed outside the buffet offering discounts for that night. I asked about Roof Top Grill, they offered a discount, but it wasn't much. I walked away, they called me back with a lower price, I countered with $30 inclusive of tax/tip and they took it. My mistake - dinner was miserably cold and windy. Had that not been the case, I'd have been happy with the deal.

I’m not planning on it but hoping for lunch at Raw on 5 when we embark and I’d love a discount.  😂 Going to do it regardless, but if we got a discount we could potentially do another… 

I'm doing a side-to-side in November.  5 nights on Reflection then 6 nights on Beyond.

I just checked my planner for both sailings and all I see are 5% discounts available for pre-purchase and doesn't appear to be for all the specialty dining although I confess I'm not 100% sure of all the specialty restaurants.  I haven't done a whole lot of homework, yet.

21 hours ago, lola2013 said:

I have taken advantage of 30% off first night at LCG and RGG on E class. 

What is LCG?  E class has Rooftop Garden Grill, Fine Cut steak house, Eden, Le Petit Chef, Le Gran Bistro and on Beyond and Ascent Le Voyage.  

We've had a similar experiences as above during during our last couple of cruises.

We did see discounted first night in specialty dining on Solstice on our cruise's planning page on the X website but it was fully booked fairly quickly.  However, when we popped into Murano after grabbing lunch on embarkation day, the maitre' d indicated they could get us a table for that night in Murano and TG at 30% off.  I'm assuming they initially held back some tables from online booking for status and suite guests.

And it was a similar story for TG during our cruise on Connie.  

However, during our upcoming cruise on Silhouette, I don't see a significant discount for night one on the planning page; only the typical 5% discount for booking pre-cruise.  By my count though, this sailing seems to be over 95% full.  So there's likely a bit of supply/demand going on.  

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

What is LCG?  E class has Rooftop Garden Grill, Fine Cut steak house, Eden, Le Petit Chef, Le Gran Bistro and on Beyond and Ascent Le Voyage.  

Lawn Club Grill.  Not all, but some of the S class ships have that option.  We ate there recently on Silhouette.  I believe it’s also on Reflection.  

LCG is Lawn Club Grill, only on Silhouette & Reflection I think!

I do have a first night discount for the Tuscan Grill which I purchased a few months ago for my September cruise on Eclipse.  It was only a 10% discount though, and it is no longer showing as available.

• Like 1

I just checked Silhouette for November 16 TA.    The Only first night discounts shown is Lawn Club but the same 5% off as any other night.    Currently they are only offering 5% for any night for pre-booking.   Prices look to have increased and Murano is currently $60, Lawn Club $50, LPC $50, Tuscan $55  (Un-discounted).