Plus package - bottled water and cans of soft drinks

I know the 15 drink limit is for alcoholic drinks.  However I have seen many Facebook posts from people currently on cruises that the bottled water and cans of soda were being counted towards the 15? 

Anyone experience this lately? 

Thanks

Absolutely not true.  We just disembarked from the Sapphire 3 weeks ago.  We've also been on 2 other Princess ships in the past few months.  As stated in the package Terms and Conditions, only alcoholic beverages count towards the 15 daily limit. 

• Like 2

I have seen people on Facebook say this too but I've never seen anyone on Cruise Critic say it. I haven't been on a Princess Cruise yet (15 days!!!) but I'm going to believe the CC people over the FB people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skynight said:

I will add that non alcoholic beer is considered part of the 15 alcoholic drink limit. Maybe that's the source of the missing information

That might be the source of the rumor, as on my last cruise it was first time using the Princess Plus package and when asked about the 15 drink limit is only applied for alcoholic based drinks (including zero percent beer).

You can actually check how many of the 15 drinks you will have per day on the Princess App. I know on the first day, I order overed a zero percent beer and was charged a drink from the limit of 15, but my other non-alcoholic drinks no charges were applied. The best is the ability to order the mock-tails from the bar right beside the International Cafe while also ordering the specialty coffees and teas and getting a snacks or a light bite before a main meal. 

I think Princess figures if you consume multiple cans of soda each day, you'll probably just order less alcoholic drinks.

They'll come out ahead in the long run. 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

I will add that non alcoholic beer is considered part of the 15 alcoholic drink limit. Maybe that's the source of the missing information

Perhaps because non-alcoholic beer does have alcohol?  (At least in the US it can have up to 0.5% by volume those most have less.)

2 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Perhaps because non-alcoholic beer does have alcohol?  (At least in the US it can have up to 0.5% by volume those most have less.)

I believe Princess counts all beers as being part of the 15   Sodas, water and coffees are never counted towards the 15

• Like 2

Can definitely get as many sodas and waters as you want with the Plus/Premier packages. I was ordering 4 bottles of water at a time to keep some in the stateroom fridge and never heard a complaint when I'd place my order

• Like 2

Are they ordering the correct items?  You mention cans of soda, these are NOT included in the packages - only soda fountain drinks are included.  If they are getting cans then these are paid extras - maybe they are getting them charged against their alcohol limit instead of paying for them.  The same with the water - only 500ml bottles are included in the packages, are they buying 1liter bottles?  These would be paid extras since they are not included in the packages.

1 minute ago, arles7 said:

Are they ordering the correct items?  You mention cans of soda, these are NOT included in the packages - only soda fountain drinks are included.  If they are getting cans then these are paid extras - maybe they are getting them charged against their alcohol limit instead of paying for them.  The same with the water - only 500ml bottles are included in the packages, are they buying 1liter bottles?  These would be paid extras since they are not included in the packages.

The cans used to not be included but now they are - at least on Emerald in April they were.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arles7 said:

Sorry but that is not accurate for sodas.  I always just ask for a Diet Coke. Some bars hand me a fountain drink and some a can. I have never bet charged in either situy

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

I know the 15 drink limit is for alcoholic drinks.  However I have seen many Facebook posts from people currently on cruises that the bottled water and cans of soda were being counted towards the 15? 

Anyone experience this lately? 

Thanks

They're probably from people who haven't sailed in the past year. 

They're included.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, arles7 said:

Incorrect.

Canned sodas are included in the packages. 

When did you experience this?  Where is your (outdated) information from?

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

The princess website still lists fountain sodas as included in the packages.  Maybe they are just handing them out without charging for the cans since it might be quicker and easier.   My sister's family experience the charging of cans of soda on the Majestic earlier this year.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

1 hour ago, arles7 said:

The princess website still lists fountain sodas as included in the packages.  Maybe they are just handing them out without charging for the cans since it might be quicker and easier.   My sister's family experience the charging of cans of soda on the Majestic earlier this year.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

So, second hand information. We haven't had any charges for canned soda in the last year. Additionally, the updated verbiage of what's included is available on the app when using the ship's intranet. 

5 hours ago, kebhouse said:

I have seen people on Facebook say this too

There is a word for people who rely on Facebook for any sort of news or information: "Uninformed."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arles7 said:

Are they ordering the correct items?  You mention cans of soda, these are NOT included in the packages - only soda fountain drinks are included.  If they are getting cans then these are paid extras - maybe they are getting them charged against their alcohol limit instead of paying for them.  

We've sailed 3 times on different ships in the past few months, and cans ARE included in the package now. I agree it used to be fountain only, but not anymore. In fact on our recent Sapphire cruise a few weeks ago we were hard pressed to find any soda from the gun. And side note -- even back when cans weren't included they weren't counted against the daily limit. With the package you were charged but at a discount from the 'standard' amount. I used to buy Sprite Zero in cans often with the package as that was the only way it was offered (wasn't available in the fountain). Now I get them included with Plus which I am happy about 😀

Edited by Paula_MacFan

Any can of pop including tonic / Soda water are included as unlimited and not charged. I would normally watch if the bar was giving out cans or using the fountain gun. When I found that the back bar on the pool deck was only giving glass of pop, I avoid getting my drinks from that bar as I rather have the can and sometimes order two so that I could take one back to the cabin. As for water bottles, I would ask for four 500 ml bottles, so that I could store a few in the cabin fridge.

• Like 1