Anthem of the Seas

The management on ths ship needs sorting out. Whilst the lowest paid crew are great and do their best, they are let down by the management. As requested, we were asked to make reservations for mydining resturants - we did so before we sailed for every night. Even our Ship Pass card showed we had been allocated a specific table number at a specific time. For the first three nights onboard, we were told the reservations details on the card meant nothing and were told to queue up in a long queue.. There was anothe queue, for those without reservations (why is there such a queue anyway?), and often they were given priority over those who had reservations. On the 3rd night after another long wait, we complained strongly and in the end they did their best to find us a table immediately. Not very apologetic for the shambles though. The prices you get charged for extras are very high and although there appears to be discounts that could apply, nobody seems to know how they work. The app that you are asked to download and use is pretty poor. It is suppsoed to have a messaging service but that's quiet complicated. It also conatins detals of your onboard charges - however as soon as yous tep of the ship at the end of the cruise, thsoe detaiusl are compaltely widped out. RC say they will send you an emai with the acount details. 5 days later I am still waiting for such email even though they have charged my credit card. Compared wth the 14 other cruise ships I have been on, this takes the prize for the worst management Wil not be booking with RC again. Their sister company Celebrity is a far better proposition.

• Like 1

My time dining is a mess on lots of ships not just Anthem.

We always book traditional dining to avoid the long lines, etc.

It is standard procedure for Royal to email you final invoice.   Possibly problem with your email address on file or maybe it went to your spam/junk folder.

Others on CC can provide but there is an email address you can request copy of final bill be resent.  

Hope you enjoyed your cruise other than MTD issues.

I recently spent two weeks on anthem, and I never received an email of either final invoice. Many on my social cruise media pages did not receive an invoice  either. If you go to the website, under your past cruises,  there is a link to request an invoice. I did so and was sent invoices a day or two later.

I agree that the my time dining reservation/no reservation lines are frustrating. Often we find that the no reservation line is shorter than the reservation line and will simply get in the line that is shorter. 

We enjoyed our cruises, and would certainly return to anthem. 
m

Posted (edited)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Something doesn’t add up.

If you have MyTime Dining you couldn’t have table number on your card. With MTD you don’t have reserved table. If you have a table this means you have traditional dining at the same time/table/waiter and you don’t need to wait.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

We were on the June 14th sailing and here is what happened to us on Anthem. 

We had MYTIME, I had reservations for one night in the dining room as we were in a JS and ate in the Coastal Kitchen the other nights. 

We showed up at 7:30pm for our reservation and were seated right away, no problem. 

Shortly after we sat down the Maitre D came to our table and started asking why we were late and pointed out my card said 7pm and kept asking why we had not been in the main dining room all week, which I explained we had been eating in the CK. 

He then went on and on about how we had to be there at the time on our card, when I showed him we had the mytime reservations in our app he explained that they NO longer had mytime dining and things are changing to the times on the card (There was time on my card, but I never even noticed it as we had mytime and I had reservations)  

Needless to say we did not go back to the main dining room after that. 

Edited by skyking
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jon lea said:

Compared wth the 14 other cruise ships I have been on, this takes the prize for the worst management Wil not be booking with RC again.

Welcome to CC.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, skyking said:

We were on the June 14th sailing and here is what happened to us on Anthem. 

We had MYTIME, I had reservations for one night in the dining room as we were in a JS and ate in the Coastal Kitchen the other nights. 

We showed up at 7:30pm for our reservation and were seated right away, no problem. 

Shortly after we sat down the Maitre D came to our table and started asking why we were late and pointed out my card said 7pm and kept asking why we had not been in the main dining room all week, which I explained we had been eating in the CK. 

He then went on and on about how we had to be there at the time on our card, when I showed him we had the mytime reservations in our app he explained that they NO longer had mytime dining and things are changing to the times on the card (There was time on my card, but I never even noticed it as we had mytime and I had reservations)  

Needless to say we did not go back to the main dining room after that. 

Same cruise, we had MTD. No times or table allocation on our cards. 

Just now, little britain said:

Hey there:) 

Definitely weird, we obviously reverted to assigned time and I never knew it as the app said I had mytime dining and I had reservations. 

His comments are what threw me off! 

Just now, skyking said:

Hey there:) 

Definitely weird, we obviously reverted to assigned time and I never knew it as the app said I had mytime dining and I had reservations. 

His comments are what threw me off! 

Did he still beg for a 10 though!? 

IMG_4265.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, little britain said:

Did he still beg for a 10 though!? 

IMG_4265.jpeg

Yes they sure did, the only morning we had breakfast in the Dining room someone came around with a clipboard asking us what scores we were going to give. 

It was very weird and uncomfortable. 

How about that last sea day with the Salmon from Stavanger, with 10's all around it.   LOL 

Edited by skyking

13 minutes ago, skyking said:

Yes they sure did, the only morning we had breakfast in the Dining room someone came around with a clipboard asking us what scores we were going to give. 

How about that last sea day with the Salmon from Stavanger, with 10's all around it.   LOL 

IMG_4271.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

Same here. We ate  with my time dining, two nights in the  MDR, with no issues. Had a different table and server each of the two nights, which was fine.  Had a lovely meal both evenings

M

The begging for 10’s on Anthem was the worst we’ve experienced. Last morning of the cruise, they even played some song in WJ that had the words “ten” in it. 
m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skyking said:

Yes they sure did, the only morning we had breakfast in the Dining room someone came around with a clipboard asking us what scores we were going to give

So that they know whether or not to spit in your omelette. 😆 LOL!

1 hour ago, skyking said:

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The begging for 10’s on Anthem was the worst we’ve experienced. Last morning of the cruise, they even played some song in WJ that had the words “ten” in it. 
m

We were on the June 21 sailing on the Anthem, and I agree about the annoyances of staff members interrupting our meals begging for 10's, either by approaching our table with the clipboard or by the self-promoting loudspeaker announcements in the Windjammer which we heard multiple times.

Staff should make themselves available if people have a question or a problem but otherwise leave us alone to eat in peace!  

I was surprised to see on the post-cruise survey a question along the lines of "Did any crew member approach you about rating their service?"  At first, I thought they didn't want the crew bothering passengers in this manner, but I quickly came to the assumption that the crew and staff must be instructed to do this.  ☹️

As for the dining issue, we had anytime dining, which was specified on our cards.  We had reservations every night in the main dining room and were seated promptly with no issues.  We also encountered the weird situation of the line for not having reservations being shorter than the line for those with reservations, and we soon learned to check in at whichever line was shorter.  

Sailed on Anthem 11 times (7 since Covid) and nobody asked us to give them 10.

We were asked on some other ships, but not Anthem.

• Haha 1

What annoyed me was they didn't come up to me and flat out ask for tens, but there is so much in-your-face subliminal messaging, from the signs, to the TVs, to the stupid "10 out of 10" song that it ruins the experience the last day.  Somebody thinks they are being clever in doing this in that they feel they still have deniability of the "did anyone ask you for 10s" question, but in reality they are annoying customers even more.  I'm at the point where I'd rather go back to one person asking me for 10s and I can nod my head and say "yeah, whatever", and have it over and done with in 30 seconds rather than being barraged constantly by this subliminal BS.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tatka said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Something doesn’t add up.

If you have MyTime Dining you couldn’t have table number on your card. With MTD you don’t have reserved table. If you have a table this means you have traditional dining at the same time/table/waiter and you don’t need to wait.

You are completely wrong.  We definitely had Mytime dining.. We were asked to nominate the time we wanted to eat every night  before we got on the ship. Our sailpass showed anytime dining, the time and the table number in the anytime dining room.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jon lea said:

Our sailpass showed anytime dining, the time and the table number in the anytime dining room.

You may be the exception to everyone else who has had MTD - with MTD there's usually no assigned table listed on the SeaPass card (the card you use on board). You may also be the exception of what is usually listed on the SetSail pass (the thing you show at pier check in).

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jon lea said:

You are completely wrong.  We definitely had Mytime dining.. We were asked to nominate the time we wanted to eat every night  before we got on the ship. Our sailpass showed anytime dining, the time and the table number in the anytime dining room.

My experience shows the card only ever shows the dining room deck, no table number for MTD. Ever.

Same cruise. 

IMG_4301.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jon lea said:

Table number is never assigned for My Time Dining before cruise and never put on cruise key card.

”Anytime Dining” is not a term on Royal Caribbean International. It’s Princess’s term.

Table number is not assigned for MTD or Anytime Dining on both lines. 

Why are you saying things that cannot possibly be true? 

Edited by Tatka

20 hours ago, Tatka said:

Sailed on Anthem 11 times (7 since Covid) and nobody asked us to give them 10.

We were asked on some other ships, but not Anthem.

My friend is on Anthem today. Big blaring announcements in the WJ asking for 10s and the screen outside with subliminal messaging about 🔟🔟🔟

• Like 1