Suez pursuit

claudio

We were booked on journey  suez This yr

Azamara  rebooked us for same  cruise next yr

I notice there doing same thing as this year insisting  it going ahead but every other cruise line in world hS has  already cancelled  next yrs cruises in that area

Anyone heard anything??

I don't know why you think every other cruise line has cancelled next year's sailings through the Suez Canal - I can see bookable voyages for Viking, Seabourne, Oceania, Regent, Crystal, Silversea, etc for 2025.  We are booked on the Oct 20 Pursuit voyage and have no reason to believe that it will be cancelled.  

• Like 1

Funny, I didn't think Princess was 'every other cruise line in the world'.  I am still very hopeful that our October 2025 cruise is not cancelled.  We did a very similar itinerary on Azamara in 2017 and it was fantastic!  They brought on 'Vessel Protect' armed staff in Jordan just in case.  Once we got through the Gulf of Aden, the guys got off in Oman and presumably got on another ship headed North.  I'll be watching the June 5 sailing as that will be a good indicator.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wander58 said:

Funny, I didn't think Princess was 'every other cruise line in the world'.  I am still very hopeful that our October 2025 cruise is not cancelled.  We did a very similar itinerary on Azamara in 2017 and it was fantastic!  They brought on 'Vessel Protect' armed staff in Jordan just in case.  Once we got through the Gulf of Aden, the guys got off in Oman and presumably got on another ship headed North.  I'll be watching the June 5 sailing as that will be a good indicator.

We’ve done that route 5 times, we love it!

• Like 2

I expect that route is under review- it’s not so much the canal as the seas off the type of Somalia that led to the round Africa trips earlier this year. I expect there’s a lot of discussions with insurers etc as to whether the canal route could be offered 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2024 at 2:36 PM, claudio said:

We were booked on journey  suez This yr

Azamara  rebooked us for same  cruise next yr

I notice there doing same thing as this year insisting  it going ahead but every other cruise line in world hS has  already cancelled  next yrs cruises in that area

Anyone heard anything??

Which sailing is the booking?  Some of the Suez passages go to Israel (you won't be) and some don't (you might be going).

The political situation will likely need to settle down for them to make a determination.  BTW, the Gulf of Aden is no longer a concern.  When we went through last year, the procedures were strikingly different than in the past.  A few lights shut off on Deck 5 is about it. No additional personnel joined the ship like in the past.  Basically, as Captain Johannes described it, nothing to even be concerned with. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 6:04 AM, Seascape2022 said:

Can I check were you allowed to cancel with full refund. Where you offered any incentives.

We are looking to buy for June 2025 

The information given on another site by someone who was on Onward for the April cruise that has just been cancelled was - full refund or 125% FCC.  We are booked on the June 2025 Ancient Trade Route cruise.  My thoughts are that this will still be good to go.  The cancelled cruise had ports in Israel and, I'm not entirely sure, but this may have been a factor for cancelling.  I'm hoping our cruise that does not have any Israel ports will still go ahead.

I was booked on the 26th October Athens to Dubai that was cancelled on 17th June. I have now received 6 final payment reminders despite calling Customer Services after the first one and getting an apology. Tried to complain via the contact form but the form won’t submit! We’ve also had a number of issues with OBC (not related to this cruise). Their  processes leave something to be desired.
Has anyone else had this and if you have how have you resolved it? I don’t want to end up on a bad payers blacklist.

Yes we have had the same repeated emails for final payment for the cancelled Pursuit 26th Oct cruise. I phoned Azamara UK customer services last Friday, received an apology and a guarantee that the emails were now stopped and the FCC would be sorted out, then yesterday morning another email arrived! I’m going to call again this morning as likewise we don’t want a bad credit rating. Something is not working well with Azamara systems and this is concerning as a customer.

• Like 1

We got one of those "final payment" emails for the Dubai-Dubai cruise right after the Suez transit, which was also cancelled.   When I called about it they said that they had to process all the refunds and FCC's before they could "cancel" the cruise in their software.   So, that intuitive software thinks the cruises are still a go and of course send out all the pre-programed "you're late" emails.  In theory, all the FCC's will be done by 7/31 so this "artificial intelligence" will be put down...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DS said:

We got one of those "final payment" emails for the Dubai-Dubai cruise right after the Suez transit, which was also cancelled.   When I called about it they said that they had to process all the refunds and FCC's before they could "cancel" the cruise in their software.   So, that intuitive software thinks the cruises are still a go and of course send out all the pre-programed "you're late" emails.  In theory, all the FCC's will be done by 7/31 so this "artificial intelligence" will be put down...

When they cancel the cruise, it will probably become impossible to process any more refunds.  They are trapped by the limitations of the software.  Good thing they knew this before cancelling prematurely!  The virtues of RCL's old [probably COBOL] home-grown software should not be sneered at – but of course Azamara wasn't allowed to take a copy of the code even if they wanted to...

Just now, Host Jazzbeau said:

When they cancel the cruise, it will probably become impossible to process anymore refunds.  They are trapped by the limitations of the software.  Good thing they knew this before cancelling prematurely!  The virtues of RCL's old [probably COBOL] home-grown software should not be sneered at – but of course Azamara wasn't allowed to take a copy of the code even if they wanted to...

I think you're correct in that.... but it does not make the customers feel any better to keep getting nagged...   They should have told every one in the cancellation email to ignore those software generated emails in the future

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Yes that’s right, I got this email from Azamara resolution team this morning after I completed a contact form 

Thank you for contacting Azamara.

At this time, we are having a company wide issue with payment reminders going out in error. This is affecting your reservation as well. Once we have physically cancelled the reservation and issued the FCC, the system will stop sending reminders. Please disregard these. We assure you that this will not negatively impact your credit rating.

We apologize for any concern this may have cause”
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...