Enchanted Princess Retreat Pool area

KT4209

Posted (edited)

First time on Princess since 1999 and would like to clarify my understanding of the Retreat Pool area. Are the loungers in the Retreat Pool area on Decks 17 and 18 forward free to use, unlike those in The Sanctuary? Is the Retreat Pool area age restricted like The Sanctuary? 

I have been doing lots of reading on the Princess Board since booking and thank everyone for sharing the wealth of information.

Edited by KT4209

The retreat pool is on 17 with additional seating on 18.

It's an adult area only and the pool isn't deep... about chest high water level. Free to use by anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KT4209 said:

First time on Princess since 1999 and would like to clarify my understanding of the Retreat Pool area. Are the loungers in the Retreat Pool area on Decks 17 and 18 forward free to use, unlike those in The Sanctuary? Is the Retreat Pool area age restricted like The Sanctuary? 

I have been doing lots of reading on the Princess Board since booking and thank everyone for sharing the wealth of information.

The loungers are the immediate pool area and above are free and are age restricted. 

We had our grandchildren with us on the Enchanted back in April.  We assumed the retreat pool was age restricted, so stayed with the main pool - which they loved anyway.  But another onboard pointed out that there are no signs restricting the retreat pool to a certain age.  Not sure myself.

Well, according to the Princess website, it is restricted to adults. 

I know there is a stanchion with a sign when entering the pool area from the stair lobby on deck 17.  Maybe that sign or others I can't recall make it clear that it's limited to adults...

On 7/14/2024 at 5:17 PM, Mud_Shark said:

We had our grandchildren with us on the Enchanted back in April.  We assumed the retreat pool was age restricted, so stayed with the main pool - which they loved anyway.  But another onboard pointed out that there are no signs restricting the retreat pool to a certain age.  Not sure myself.

There are signs.  If entering from the corridor on deck 17 there is a sign there indicating it's adults only.  I think there might be a sign out side as well, but don't really remember.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

There are signs.  If entering from the corridor on deck 17 there is a sign there indicating it's adults only.  I think there might be a sign out side as well, but don't really remember.

There were signs but I don't remember exactly where. To us it's not something important unless we want to point it out to some kids. 

On 7/14/2024 at 3:53 PM, 555 said:

The retreat pool is on 17 with additional seating on 18.

It's an adult area only and the pool isn't deep... about chest high water level. Free to use by anyone. 

Anyone who is an adult.

• Like 2

Good to know. I just let the other 6 that are to goo with me this information, as I am trying to get as much info as I can on the Enchanted ship. 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on the Enchanted (again) this past week.

There are stanchion signs at both deck 17 entries.  The age is not specified.  There are no other signs, none when walking from outside down from deck 18 stairs to deck 17, none stenciled or posted on the walls or glass of the area.

I've witnessed children (read: young persons who looked, say, younger than 16) being told to leave by staff.  Believe me, the adults in area are diligent about asking staff to intervene.

The water depth is 1'8" deep on the bar end of the pool, 3'3" deep on the other end.

• Thanks 1

My husband and I were on Enchantment last week. The area immediately around the pool on deck 17 did fill up every day. 
We had no problems finding chairs on deck 18 looking down on the Retreat pool any day of the cruise. We are not early risers and made our way there between 8:30 and 10 am each day. Most mornings deck 18 was empty when we arrived, and we never saw any kids except for a couple of teenage boys who came to check in with their grandparents. 
Deck 18 had a hot tub and cool shower or it was a quick walk down the outside stairs to the pool. We prefer the shower so it was perfect for us.