Prebooking Chef's table info

12 hours ago, pppatpc2 said:

On your advice, I made a reservation on our cruise leaving the 26th.  Haven’t been to the chef’s table for a long time.Hope it works, but I will call the dine line when I board to confirm.  Good luck to both of us!

If I can, I will try and update you on the situation once I am onboard. We board tomorrow.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Indiana Rob said:

If I can, I will try and update you on the situation once I am onboard. We board tomorrow.

Thanks Rob.  You can always count on the Hoosiers.

• Like 1

So, I asked Princess to email me a copy of the summary so I would have proof of the booking.  Lo and behold, it has since been removed from my cruise summary.  When I inquired about it, they said it can only be booked once on board.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Indiana Rob said:

So, I asked Princess to email me a copy of the summary so I would have proof of the booking.  Lo and behold, it has since been removed from my cruise summary.  When I inquired about it, they said it can only be booked once on board.

where's your money you paid?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Indiana Rob said:

Like they, if it’s too good to be true….

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

where's your money you paid?

Good question! I checked my credit card statement and it does not show any charges from 

Princess except what I am paying to upgrade my cabin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

On which ship(s) is this the price for Chef's Table?

I believe this price is fleetwide, but that was the charge a few months ago on the Majestic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aggie83 said:

The price does not change and in my opinion is just way to much food

I would use your screen shot as proof you made reservations under this price.  Princess should honor it since they made the error AND gave you incorrect information.  See Maitre d’ and/or his boss, the Food and Beverage Officer.  

I can’t imagine how they came up with this number nor how the reservation was actually generated.  

On 7/17/2024 at 8:03 AM, Indiana Rob said:

image.thumb.png.aa948445cb240a1438f45c860d4518a2.png

16 hours ago, Indiana Rob said:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I would use your screen shot as proof you made reservations under this price.  Princess should honor it since they made the error AND gave you incorrect information.  See Maitre d’ and/or his boss, the Food and Beverage Officer.  

I can’t imagine how they came up with this number nor how the reservation was actually generated.  

But he was never charged, so...?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Aggie83 said:

Chef’s table on the Royal Class is more expensive because of the Chuhuily centerpiece, lol.  One the regular ships, it is $100.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, memoak said:

The price does not change and in my opinion is just way to much food

It is different price for Royal class vs Grand class. LACruiser88 made a blanket statement above that the fee for Chef's table was $140. That is why I asked for clarification. However, the $140 is not a number I'm familiar with. Unless that includes 18% gratuity.

1 hour ago, pppatpc2 said:

Chef’s table on the Royal Class is more expensive because of the Chuhuily centerpiece, lol.  One the regular ships, it is $100.

Yes, I'm completely aware of the price difference between Royal and Grand class. I've done CT on both classes. The post by LACruiser88 above, which I responded to, was a blanket statement that Chef's Table was $140. That is why I asked for clarification.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I believe this price is fleetwide, but that was the charge a few months ago on the Majestic.

There is a price difference between Grand class vs Royal class ships. Was this $140 inclusive of 18% gratuity?

Edited by Aggie83

So I pre-purchased this several weeks ago for the Sun Princess Transatlantic because we are celebrating our 40th Anniversary and I thought it would be a nice celebration dinner. I really don't drink red wine but ordered it with wine as my husband and I usually swap reds and whites.  My credit card was charged $200 total ($100 per person).   I am a travel agent and this is now listed as an add on under services that all agents can add.  The prices are different as I recently added it for a client on a Royal Class ship (Royal Princess)  where it is labeled as Chef's Table Lumiere and it is $150 per person.  I personally thought about waiting to order it for our cruise as we have available onboard credit but decided to book it and have it out of the way.  So it is available to book, So I guess I don't understand why they won't honor it.  

It has been available to add-on by travel agents for 6-8 months, at least that is when I remember noticing it.   I'm now contemplating just cancelling it.  I really don't want to get onboard and have them not honor it and be left with an extra $200 in onboard credit.  

image.thumb.png.63314dd5f499210c8ce9aa83c5fdcc5b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also,

This is what I see for add-ons, which is the same thing people would/should be able to book if they called in or chat with Princess to add something to their reservation.  So please don't assume that someone didn't book the correct thing. It is right there in black and white. 

image.thumb.png.f70d3f9eb1371cb91436639f5bb65108.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 1:50 PM, Nolafan said:

@Indiana Robis 100% correct- Princess is now taking your $ - for us it was $100 per person- for pre booking the Chefs Table. You will receive a receipt and it will show in your Travel Documents as pre booked and give you a date. 

However, once onboard they aren’t “ honoring “ the reservation. We are currently on the 16 night Iceland British Isles cruise on the Caribbean Princess and we still haven’t gotten confirmation on what night our Chef Table is, we have been given the complete run around from every Department on this, and the most frustrating thing about it is that every staff member keeps trying to up sell us to the Wine Maker Dinner for an extra $50 per person telling us that they can guarantee us a night for that but can’t guarantee that we can get in to the Chef’s Table. When we tell them that we pre paid for it, show them our receipts and our Travel Summary all that we are told is we can upgrade to the higher level of wine maker’s Table or get OBC.

Talk about run around and frustration!!!’ 

Have you ever received your Chef's Table Dinner?

• Like 1

I’ve done the Chef’s table many times with a group from Cruise Critic. I advertise to people on my cruise about the Chef’s table, it’s for 12 people, & I start a list. When I’m first onboard I turn in my list with everyone’s name & stateroom numbers. My group has always been excepted & contacted with the meeting details. The price depends on what ship we’re on. In 38 cruises Ive never seen a fleet wide price as it depends on the ship. 

I’ve plenty of photos if people would like me to post them. Just let me know. 

Tom😀👍

• Like 2

On 7/20/2024 at 4:03 PM, Aggie83 said:

There is a price difference between Grand class vs Royal class ships. Was this $140 inclusive of 18% gratuity?

For clarification, we had not done a Chef's Table in about 10 years.  We were on the Majestic in April/May (33-day Sydney to Seattle) and decided to attend.  It was $140 pp and I believe that was inclusive of the gratuity???  

And, it was an amazing dinner experience that included a galley tour.  The galley tours were suspended after the pandemic startup.

20240413_182611.thumb.jpg.4c87b42d19e062cb6cde3839418015ed.jpg

20240413_182732.thumb.jpg.b1132e2099248636baaa08da50941af8.jpg

20240413_182914.thumb.jpg.ec28f76723e64d1cf276aac74cfdbd6b.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/23/2024 at 11:22 AM, LACruiser88 said:

For clarification, we had not done a Chef's Table in about 10 years.  We were on the Majestic in April/May (33-day Sydney to Seattle) and decided to attend.  It was $140 pp and I believe that was inclusive of the gratuity???  

And, it was an amazing dinner experience that included a galley tour.  The galley tours were suspended after the pandemic startup.

20240413_182611.thumb.jpg.4c87b42d19e062cb6cde3839418015ed.jpg

20240413_182732.thumb.jpg.b1132e2099248636baaa08da50941af8.jpg

20240413_182914.thumb.jpg.ec28f76723e64d1cf276aac74cfdbd6b.jpg

This last photo above…do you remember his name?  We had him on the Sapphire.  Also, CT was $140 PP on there.