Splendor

13 minutes ago, mallie24 said:

First Time with Regent....Oceania regulars...Opinions, booked 964 and have been offered 721.  Should we make the switch?

Check out the suite guru on this site and see if either/both have been reviewed. Splendor is a gorgeous ship.

• Like 1

I would switch to 721 in a heartbeat. I think it’s a great location. On the other hand 964 is below Chartreuse so there may be noise problems from the restaurant at times. Good luck.

Dave

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mallie24 said:

booked 964 and have been offered 721.  Should we make the switch?

721 is in a much better position.

Out of curiosity, why did you originally choose 984? and what reason was given for offering you the alternative of 721?

Welcome to Regent, @mallie24...

I would move for no other reason than 721 is not under a public area...Chartreuse.

On the deck plan the two balconies appear to be the same size.  In bumpy seas you'll feel it more in the forward cabin, but we've found Splendor to be very stable so it shouldn't be an issue.

Posted (edited)

Just off Splendor, loved it!

I wouldn't worry about being under Chartreuse. It's carpeted and you won't hear noise. We were right under the Deck 11 smoking area, and heard a chair or two maybe four times. Being under Chartreuse won't be a problem at all.

721 is more "mid-ship" than 964, being just forward of the forward elevators. 964 is further back from the aft elevators and just about at the back of the ship, so motion might be more of a concern there, and 9 is higher up than 7, also a consideration if motion is a concern.

Balconies are the same size in both. Still, I like the location of 721 better, being closer to the forward elevators; these go all the way down to 4, handy when going to the theatre or Compass Rose. I'd pick 721. 

Edited by GMIAC

Occupied 726 until four days ago.  As noted above, 721 conveniently located to access four forward elevators.  Quick UP to Observation Lounge or Library; quick DOWN to Reception or Compass Rose.  

Quiet.  

GOARMY!

I board Splendor next week and chose 969, my first time in an aft-facing suite. I may have made a mistake, but I wanted the experience. And maybe I'll have an escargot scent on my balcony!

23 hours ago, GOARMY said:

As noted above, 721 conveniently located to access four forward elevators. 

I really hate it when folks "spill the beans" on the great advantage of the forward staterooms. 😬 There are only 2 elevators serving the aft end of the ship.

Largest crowds are right after the evening show, but even then, one never seems to have to wait more than the 2nd car. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2024 at 11:43 PM, Mahogany said:

I board Splendor next week and chose 969, my first time in an aft-facing suite. I may have made a mistake, but I wanted the experience. And maybe I'll have an escargot scent on my balcony!

I love aft-facing suites.  I could sit and watch the wake for hours.   we are booked in 785 on Splendor next April...I plan to spend a lot of time on the balcony.

• Like 1

I love aft-facing as well.  The views are awesome but be sure to check how close the deck is to an outdoor dining or smoking venue.  I was on a Princess cruise years ago and our beautiful huge aft-suite was right above a putrid smelling garbage bay.  We couldn’t even use our huge balcony.  

In our case - the spa and health club etc has the two decks below us.  I doubt there will be any smells...  And there are other suites above ours.

You made a good point though!

On 7/20/2024 at 2:15 PM, Hambagahle said:

I love aft-facing suites.  I could sit and watch the wake for hours.   we are booked in 785 on Splendor next April...I plan to spend a lot of time on the balcony.

Well, I’m in my aft-facing suite and the only way to watch the wake, is standing. High solid rail prevents any sea view when seated. Very disappointing 

10 hours ago, Mahogany said:

Well, I’m in my aft-facing suite and the only way to watch the wake, is standing. High solid rail prevents any sea view when seated. Very disappointing 

I have heard that before.  And I agree - very disappointing.  We will also get a side view though and perhaps that will have to do.  I don't mind standing IF the sea isn't too rocky.