Ruby Princess - 3 passenger sofa bed cabins

sprite

Hi - seeking a cabin for my mother, brother and sister-in-law for Ruby Princess next year.  Not sure bunks would be the best option for them.  Are there any non-suite cabins with a sofa-bed?  Balcony would be preference but also looking at interior/ocean view.

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, sprite said:

Hi - seeking a cabin for my mother, brother and sister-in-law for Ruby Princess next year.  Not sure bunks would be the best option for them.  Are there any non-suite cabins with a sofa-bed?  Balcony would be preference but also looking at interior/ocean view.

Thanks!

Do you have a travel agent? They are usually a wealth of information. They also can go to “bat “for you if anything goes wrong or you need help with answering questions once you’ve booked and a lot lot of them give on board credit and other perks .I really recommend them and especially one that has been on a Princess cruise. I would try to find one of them in your city.( google one or ask a friend or family member or a church member etc., for a recommendation) They could answer for sure.
Tell them that you definitely don’t want a bunk that comes out of the ceiling. Interior cabins definitely do not have a sofa bed option. The two lower beds can be pushed into a queen size bed or split apart into two twins and then one person on the sofa bed. Definitely not all balcony cabins have sofa beds.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

Thanks!

On Ruby, if you want a sofa bed for the 3rd passenger - you'll need to book a mini-suite or suite.

Inside, Oceanview and Balcony cabins do not have sofas - in those, the 3rd berth would be a drop-down Pullman berth.  

I am responding blindly (without checking out fares).  I don't know if you are looking at 3rd and 4th passengers free promotion?

But if all things were paid...have you considered a balcony/ocean view with an interior across the hall?  You would have 2 bathrooms.  No one would need to sleep on the sofa.  You can have access for both cabins on your medallion.

Don't know where you are cruising.  On a Grand?GEM Class like the Ruby, you really don't have the option of a sofa unless you book a higher category.  All things equal, if you had to pay for 3 passengers in a mini-suite/suite, it might be more cost effective to drop down a category and get 2 cabins.

• Like 3

As mentioned, you have to book a mini suite or full suite on the Ruby to have three lower beds. Balcony, Ocean View and Insides have upper berths. When you book a mini suite you might consider the Reserve Collection minis. The cabin itself is the same as other mini suite cabins, but being in and paying for the Reserve Collection provides you with improved walk in dining with upgraded service. 

11 hours ago, skynight said:

As mentioned, you have to book a mini suite or full suite on the Ruby to have three lower beds. Balcony, Ocean View and Insides have upper berths. When you book a mini suite you might consider the Reserve Collection minis. The cabin itself is the same as other mini suite cabins, but being in and paying for the Reserve Collection provides you with improved walk in dining with upgraded service. 

If you are considering two rooms at all, some rooms are connecting.