Sleeping on Aeroplanes.

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think neck pillows are more about the confidence to fall asleep and not wake up with your head laying on a stranger's shoulder.

Or worse, in their lap

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Or worse, in their lap

It would depend on the lap.....just saying.....

• Haha 6

25 minutes ago, JJK2008 said:

It would depend on the lap.....just saying.....

Yeah, but I don't think Chris Hemsworth or Benedict Cumberbatch would be next to me in economy. ☹️

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yeah, but I don't think Chris Hemsworth or Benedict Cumberbatch would be next to me in economy. ☹️

If they were, you wouldn't be sleeping

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

Come o. Guys! Don’t talk yourselves down! I’m sure you could hold a candle to any of these whippersnappers 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

If they were, you wouldn't be sleeping

Absolutely not! I'd be angling for a role in their next movie! My agent would be delighted.

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Haha 4

On 7/22/2024 at 8:57 AM, Kristelle said:

I do.

If I can lie down, I sleep.  The one time  I took business class flight to UK, I slept really well - also the one time I took a half full plane to Dubai and could lie down on empty seats. Was wonderful.

Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to business class again and Ive never since been on a flight with empty seats.

Even without lying down, I can sleep intermittently on  long flight, say, an hour here or there - neck pillow, earphones with relaxing music.

Have never taken sleeping medication in my life.

My husband is the same. Can sleep anywhere anytime. We are the complete opposite. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Come o. Guys! Don’t talk yourselves down! I’m sure you could hold a candle to any of these whippersnappers 😁😁

But then it would be a dream.....

• Haha 4

On 7/25/2024 at 9:18 AM, arxcards said:

I think neck pillows are more about the confidence to fall asleep and not wake up with your head laying on a stranger's shoulder.

This is why I love the Cabeau one that straps you to your seat's headrest. You might feel a bit like Hannibal Lecter, but you're not going to flop onto anyone.  It's great. 

• Like 4

On 7/24/2024 at 9:19 AM, phoenixx said:

I've heard that most airlines have banned the footrests?

It was listed on the safety briefing on our Qantas flight back from Johannesburg this week that you couldn't use inflatable footrests.

• Thanks 4

It's a safety measure to remove obstructions in case of emergency evacuation not to mention the incovenience of them being in the way if you have a window seat and need to go to the lavatory.

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2024 at 8:57 AM, Kristelle said:

I do.

If I can lie down, I sleep.  The one time  I took business class flight to UK, I slept really well - also the one time I took a half full plane to Dubai and could lie down on empty seats. Was wonderful.

Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to business class again and Ive never since been on a flight with empty seats.

Even without lying down, I can sleep intermittently on  long flight, say, an hour here or there - neck pillow, earphones with reyayayaaxing music.

Have never taken sleeping medication in my life.

Recently I flew Economy Sky Couch with Air NZ from Auckland to JFK, and Houston to Auckland return  I slept all the way to NY and most of the way back.  Whoever thought of these seats in Air NZ deserves a medal. i was surprised how good the food was, served with alcohol.  The short stopover in Auckland was a bonus to stretch my legs and look at the shops. Look a  Air Nz website to see how it works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2024 at 9:18 AM, arxcards said:

Haha! On a flight to Dubai an attractive blonde half my age fell asleep and landed on my shoulder. One bit of me was inclined to move her off; instead I let her sleep leaving anyone walking down the aisle to wonder how this old guy could have pulled someone like her. I was tempted to take a selfie but didn't.

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Recently I flew Economy Sky Couch with Air NZ from Auckland to JFK, and Houston to Auckland return  I slept all the way to NY and most of the way back.  Whoever thought of these seats in Air NZ deserves a medal. i was surprised how good the food was, served with alcohol.  The short stopover in Auckland was a bonus to stretch my legs and look at the shops. Look a  Air Nz website to see how it works.

My favourite airline to UK is Eva Air which flies north from Brisbane.  I love their business class with tablecloths and find china.  During its stopover in Bangkok we always have a shower and enjoy the delicious tropical fruit.

• Like 1