Carnival Splendor in Sydney today - 21 July 2024

2 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Carnival Splendor is back in Sydney today.

Tonight she heads to Singapore for her dry dock!

Thanks, Kiwi Cruiser. I'm looking forward to boarding her in Singapore on 24th August, coming back to Australia.

• Like 1

They posted on FB that some people were finding it hard flying into  Sydney to board the ship  due to the outage on Friday and were trying to get Carnival to let them board In Brisbane but it’s not a sector port and has anyone heard anything about boarding in Brisbane 

Just now, rkmw said:

They posted on FB that some people were finding it hard flying into  Sydney to board the ship  due to the outage on Friday and were trying to get Carnival to let them board In Brisbane but it’s not a sector port and has anyone heard anything about boarding in Brisbane 

That would be a bummer.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Envy those on board cruising to Singapore or on the return trip later.

I would have preferred to do it the other way, Sydney to Singapore, but that trip itinerary has fewer port stops and more sea days than the one starting in Singapore. Apparently these particular cruises are popular, as so few ships currently do this itinerary.  Flights to and from Singapore are quite cheap at the moment - plenty of competition on that route.

Edited by cruiser3775
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rkmw said:

She has only just dropped her Sydney pilot, so is running fashionably late. Perhaps they were able to accommodate some of the delays into Sydney today. I haven't heard about if Brisbane is OK or not, but that would require borderforce and terminal staff for luggage and check-in at short notice.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rkmw said:

Yet another reason to fly in a day or two early. We weren't taking any chances when we cruised out of Florida. Had four days in Miami first. Gave us a chance to get over jet lag and do some exploring. Not to mention get somewhat accustomed to the heat.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Yet another reason to fly in a day or two early. We weren't taking any chances when we cruised out of Florida. Had four days in Miami first. Gave us a chance to get over jet lag and do some exploring. Not to mention get somewhat accustomed to the heat.

I am sure there were plenty that had flights the day before but were caught out by winds & Crowdstrike. It was enough of a mess that many with cancelled Saturday flights were unable to get replacement flights on Sunday morning. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am sure there were plenty that had flights the day before but were caught out by winds & Crowdstrike. It was enough of a mess that many with cancelled Saturday flights were unable to get replacement flights on Sunday morning. 

Yes, it was definitely a 'perfect storm' scenario. I really feel for people who missed the departure. So stressful and disappointing.

We generally cruise out of Brisbane and I still worry that we will be caught in traffic on the highway. I'm perfectly happy to get to the terminal at least an hour before our embarkation time and wait, if necessary, to board.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 6:35 PM, arxcards said:

She has only just dropped her Sydney pilot, so is running fashionably late. Perhaps they were able to accommodate some of the delays into Sydney today. I haven't heard about if Brisbane is OK or not, but that would require borderforce and terminal staff for luggage and check-in at short notice.

In Brisbane awaiting clearance 710 am 23rd , good news for about 20 people who will be aloud to board this morning 🙂🛳

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Jean C said:

Lovely photo 😊

Thank you 1145 am just arriving Cairns 26 ° we made a mess in the river looks like the meeting of the water 🤣20240726_104558.thumb.jpg.93356fdc6e739e792a89c203a0116a68.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hogbay said:

Thank you 1145 am just arriving Cairns 26 ° we made a mess in the river looks like the meeting of the water 🤣20240726_104558.thumb.jpg.93356fdc6e739e792a89c203a0116a68.jpg

The Inlet always looks like that.

Most of the beaches are a tinge of brown too.

When we go to Cairns we love a day trip to Fitzroy or Green Island.