Embarkation Edge Seattle Luggage Question

So I have successfully packed us in carryon suitcases (what I fit is crazy — used the rolling method) and backpacks so we can each easily manage our own stuff and not deal with the possibility of lost luggage not making our connections. At the port of Seattle, I believe based on what people have reported, that we can carry on our own carryon size suitcase and backpack and leave in our stateroom, correct? We prefer to handle our own bags and know where they are. And I would not need to staple on the paper luggage tags? (somehow I missed that one can order these so I printed them and will take them along just in case.) I just want to make sure I have this all right so we aren’t “those” ppl who haven’t done what is required.

Yes, as long as you can easily lift them on/off the X-ray machine at security. I mention ‘easily’ having been behind a young man with a rucksack with snorkelling gear and large flippers attached that jammed the machine!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

somehow I missed that one can order these

No longer true.

If you're not going to check the bags, you don't need the tags.

2 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

And I would not need to staple on the paper luggage tags?

True yet I always put the tags on my carryon luggage just in case they are misplaced. I know this is not necessary but I do it anyway.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jwlane said:

The portion I quoted---"one can order these".

Got it.  It said on the printable ones that you could so I figured I somehow screwed that up (haven’t sailed since Covid so a bit out of the loop on processes.)

13 minutes ago, awhfy said:

No more ordering of tags. Print your own. Even carrying on Id attach the luggage tag to my carryon

Good plan.  I’ll hope the hotel has a stapler or tape for me…not packing that and I doubt that paper tags will hold up in the overhead bins on several planes. 🙂

Not limited to Seattle, at every port if you are doing nothing but carry-on, there is no requirement for luggage tags to be attached to your items.

Should you decide that you want some, you would need to print your own since they can no longer be ordered from Celebrity.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Not limited to Seattle, at every port if you are doing nothing but carry-on, there is no requirement for luggage tags to be attached to your items.

Should you decide that you want some, you would need to print your own since they can no longer be ordered from Celebrity.

Printed and I’ll bring them just in case

5 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

So I have successfully packed us in carryon suitcases (what I fit is crazy — used the rolling method) and backpacks so we can each easily manage our own stuff and not deal with the possibility of lost luggage not making our connections. At the port of Seattle, I believe based on what people have reported, that we can carry on our own carryon size suitcase and backpack and leave in our stateroom, correct? We prefer to handle our own bags and know where they are. And I would not need to staple on the paper luggage tags? (somehow I missed that one can order these so I printed them and will take them along just in case.) I just want to make sure I have this all right so we aren’t “those” ppl who haven’t done what is required.  

We had a delay in being able to place luggage in our room and had to lug our items around until we heard the announcement.  Not convenient in the buffet.  We now check most items with the porters and has worked out fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Good plan.  I’ll hope the hotel has a stapler or tape for me…not packing that and I doubt that paper tags will hold up in the overhead bins on several planes. 🙂

Use clear packing tape or bring a small roll with you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

hotels have both!  put them on before heading to the port..just in case..it IDs  the ship!

• Thanks 1