Sun Princess - I love this boat - Review with Photos

Leo37

My two friends just came home from 21 day cruise and loved the ship also. They have been on over 45 cruises with princess and told me I have to go on the Sun Princess it’s great.

BTW thanks for the photos very nice.

The Captain of The Rowboat Tony

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KimberlyC said:

Thank you. Were there 2 formal nights? I can tell from the app that as anticipated the first at sea night will be a formal night. I know the port days are all going to be casual because it notes casual portraits taking place on the itinerary, but there’s no mention of the type of photos being taken on the last at sea night before disembarkation or whether it will be casual or formal so I’m trying to plan my packing and have no idea. Most seven night cruise have two formal nights, primarily on sea days, but rarely the night before disembarkation so I’m at a loss and the dissemination of information from Princess is quite honestly pretty poor.

There were two on our seven nights on the Sun. One was billed as Formal Night, and one as something else: Dress to Impress I think. Both were about same level of smartness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

And it will never be on the last night. 

Sox Fan Cruiser, You are correct.

I was on over 35 cruises with Princess and formal night was never on the last night. 
BYW Go Red Sox 👍

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 5:31 AM, Lucky TGO said:

My two friends just came home from 21 day cruise and loved the ship also. They have been on over 45 cruises with princess and told me I have to go on the Sun Princess it’s great.

BTW thanks for the photos very nice.

The Captain of The Rowboat Tony

You're very welcome. This forum always good source for planning our adventures, so wanted to 'give back' and help others looking at the wonderful Sun Princess.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I have a question about your cabin on deck 17. Did you get much noise from the deck above? I'm looking at booking 17423, which is right under the Lotus Salon (not spa). I'm thinking there won't be more noise and if there is, only during daytime hours. Thoughts? Thanks!

8 hours ago, KarenGretz said:

Hello! I have a question about your cabin on deck 17. Did you get much noise from the deck above? I'm looking at booking 17423, which is right under the Lotus Salon (not spa). I'm thinking there won't be more noise and if there is, only during daytime hours. Thoughts? Thanks!

Hi! We had no noise what so ever from above. Our cabin was towards the end of the open deck, not far from where the Sanctuary area started. So not a lot of footfall, but as you say, would suspect same is true for Lotus Salon. Any other questions, happy to try and help!

• Thanks 1

Leo, Thanks so much for posting!

I have just seen a recent video where the lady (also from UK ?) was able to request a tea kettle for her room. It was a deluxe balcony, so not a cabin with any extra amenities.   Can you give any info on that?  Normally they are not really available (or allowed) here in the States.  I wonder if this option will change when the ship arrives over here?

34 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I have just seen a recent video where the lady (also from UK ?) was able to request a tea kettle for her room. It was a deluxe balcony, so not a cabin with any extra amenities.   Can you give any info on that?  Normally they are not really available (or allowed) here in the States.  I wonder if this option will change when the ship arrives over here?

my wife hopes so 😉

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

It's not something I asked for / needed. Sorry.  

It was me who got the kettle on our Sun Princess cruise the other week.

The cabin steward obliged straight away and provided an assortment of teas, sugar and cups.

All we had to do was get fresh milk from the Eatery to be stored in the fridge.

The fridge was very chilled too, to my surprise!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Esprit said:

It was me who got the kettle on our Sun Princess cruise the other week.

The cabin steward obliged straight away and provided an assortment of teas, sugar and cups.

All we had to do was get fresh milk from the Eatery to be stored in the fridge.

The fridge was very chilled too, to my surprise!

I'll be happy if I can get regular coffee (at the Eatery) during the middle of the night without ordering it from room service.

Thanks Esprit...  Seems we are not always so lucky over here!

My reason for wanting it is not for hot-tea time...  but to make my own tea with bottled water, to drink iced.

I know the ship's water is fine!   But, hoping to drink mostly bottled water, to avoid any of the 'cruise ship swelling'.   Don't know how much truth there is to that.  But, we'll see!!!

• Like 1