"we choose your stateroom"

Okay, I know what a guarantee is. But I'm seeing something new on the website. 

I don't like guarantees, but I do look at the price to compare with choosing. On my cruise for next winter, it's about $100 a day more per cabin to choose compared to a guarantee. That seems like a lot, but if I want to choose, I'm stuck with that.

I did some dummy bookings, looking at possible cruises and availability. For some categories, they show you which room they have chosen FOR you. And it's the same price as if you chose a room in that area. 

Has anyone else seen HAL's choice of guarantee cabin identified? 

image.png.3f68f1d1abd8f0cda52216b36abd5af7.png

WE CHOOSE YOUR STATEROOM

Just speculation, but the "chosen for you" Stateroom is in the Fwd location. Maybe when you start on the "choose your own" Stateroom and start moving towards midship the price may increase? It does on normal bookings. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t expect to be given the “stateroom chosen for you”. I think it’s a category used for pricing.  If you don’t choose a stateroom, you have a “guarantee” and you would have that classification as a guarantee, not that stateroom. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I wouldn’t expect to be given the “stateroom chosen for you”. I think it’s a category used for pricing.  If you don’t choose a stateroom, you have a “guarantee” and you would have that classification as a guarantee, not that stateroom. 

I agree that the entry-level pricing is the same as the guarantee (and the cabins are in the same neighborhood), although in years gone by the guarantee price was lower than the cheapest cabin.

In the past, the guarantee was just a classification, but this states a specific cabin. And although it says "we guarantee you a stateroom in the category you have selected," when I clicked continue, I got a booking that identifies a specific cabin. (number isn't the same as above because I closed the site and went back to look for this)

image.png.10172fe765e33c375cb7d05e7322b855.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I agree that the entry-level pricing is the same as the guarantee (and the cabins are in the same neighborhood), although in years gone by the guarantee price was lower than the cheapest cabin.

In the past, the guarantee was just a classification, but this states a specific cabin. And although it says "we guarantee you a stateroom in the category you have selected," when I clicked continue, I got a booking that identifies a specific cabin. (number isn't the same as above because I closed the site and went back to look for this)

image.png.10172fe765e33c375cb7d05e7322b855.png

I was thinking it only listed a cabin number if it was the last available. But I guess that's not the case. For my upcoming cruise, I have a guarantee verandah, there are more than 50 left and it doesn't list a specific cabin. It does for the insides and Pinnacle suite.

3 hours ago, milamber said:

Yes, we've had it happen with HAL. Choose a guarantee and it's allocated immediately. At least you know from the outset and can check it. 

I wondered though if it is really just a placeholder. Is that the cabin people actually end up getting when they board?

10 minutes ago, Sea42 said:

I wondered though if it is really just a placeholder. Is that the cabin people actually end up getting when they board?

We've always ended up with the one allocated on booking, unless we've had an upgrade

• Like 2

Just now, milamber said:

We've always ended up with the one allocated on booking, unless we've had an upgrade

That's good to know, thank you.

I have seen many times a cabin number assigned when you choose the guarantee.  BUT, also, when continuing the booking and on the invoice page just before purchasing that page DOES NOT show the cabin number.  Rather just the guarantee.  I have talked with 2 Holland reps about all this and neither one of them ever heard of this and would not believe me until I emailed a screen shot with the assigned room number.

So we have no idea....

Also keep in mind that if you book online, you can only choose from non-refundable deposit or Have It All. If you book with a PCC or a travel agent, you can request a fare with a refundable deposit but no HIA (not offered for online booking). You also can ask the PCC or TA questions like these.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1