Car service from Heathrow to Stonehenge to Southampton - possible?

Hello:

We are the Sky Princess out of Southampton this November, sailing from Southampton this November bound for The Canaries, Portugal & Spain. Our flight gets in a day ahead of embarkation day and I was wondering if it’s possible (and not astronomically expensive) to be able to hire a car to pick us up at LHR, drive us out to Stonehenge, then down to Southampton? 

Thanks in advance…

Look at International Friends.  They have a Heathrow to Southampton transfer with a stop at Stonehenge. 

We used them for a post cruise transfer from Southampton to our London hotel, with Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Windsor castle stops.  We were very pleased with them. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You can try international friends. It’s not private, though.

https://www.internationalfriends.co.uk/london-heathrow-to-southampton-via-stonehenge.html

Not sure  what costs you consider astronomically expensive,  but I’m sure something private will be very expensive due to-the stop over.  You can email Blackberry Cars and ask.  We’ve used them several times. 

https://www.blackberrycars.com/southampton-airport/

Edited by milolii

I was particularly impressed by my e-mailed communications with Onward Travel Solutions (www.airporttaxis-uk.co.uk). Contact them, specify your desires (as in, "pick up at LHR, deliver to Stonehenge, stay X hours, deliver to hotel in Southampton") and see what kind of quote you get. They undercut their competition price-wise for us recently, but your mileage may vary. There are tour companies, btw, that do what you describe if you want to save some cash.

Personally, I'd probably prefer to get to Southampton quickly, lose the luggage, and then take the ferry to Isle of Wight.

Enjoy your cruise. Nice itinerary!

Another vote for International Friends. We did the exact same as the OP is asking about, though we had a hotel pickup. We had come in a couple of days early but used this as our ship transfer. 

In June, we arrived at Heathrow Airport the day before our cruise and hired Paragon Taxis for a transfer from the airport to our hotel in Southhampton with a 2 hour stop at Windsor Castle. They also offer options for stops at Westminster, Stonehenge, etc. You may want to checkout their website for options and prices and read reviews on Tripadvisor.  We were happy with our experience with email communication, transfer/tour, and price. 

https://paragontaxis.co.uk/

I'm looking for a transfer tour, with guiding, from Portsmouth port to London after a cruise. 

There will be six of us, and I've found a well-reviewed guid on Tours By Locals who has a vahicle to accommodate all of us. 

Kind folks who've recommended services in this thread, do any of them provide informational guiding? This part of the UK is new to all of us, and learning is as important as transportation.

Many thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We are a group of six and were looking for a pickup at Southampton Cruise Port, stop at Bath, stop at Stonehenge and then transport to London (city center) for mid-September.

I checked with all of the companies listed and found the best price (including a 15% discount for paying cash to driver) was:

https://www.limo.co.uk/

As they are also very well recommended, I am booking with them.

I had originally booked with Blackberry Cars and while they are very nice and easy to deal with--I definitely had the impression that they are more a transport company than a tour and transport company. Their price was less, but did not include any guide services at all--it was just the car driving to locations I chose. 

I must say all the company's listed answered the online inquiry extremely quickly and were all helpful.

Thanks for the help as always fellow CC'ers!!

Edit--Realized there was one more to check and I've just sent an email to Paragon!! Will advise.

Edited by brzymom
correction

ok- we ended up with Paragon--who responded that doing Sothampton-Bath-Stonehenge was too much time in the car, and recommended alternatives and price was comparable to Eddie Mannings, so we are going with Paragon.

Again, thanks to all who generously shared the information!