Show Me Your Favorite Cunard Picture

napria

Whether it’s a special memory or a special place on the ship, or something else, would you help me as I wait and anticipate my first Cunard voyage by posting a picture, please?  Also let me know approximately when and where the picture is from.  

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Here are two of our favorites.

The first shows QE2 at Geiranger, Norway during her penultimate call there on July 28, 2008. It's my favorite photo from the one and only time we sailed on QE2.

QE2Geiranger.thumb.jpg.c602da9bd8f65c057d082028624a981e.jpg

The second is our favorite memory from the 2013 Christmas cruise on QM2. So far that's been our only Christmas cruise on Cunard but hopefully not our last. This photo shows the Wind in the Willows characters around the Christmas tree in the Grand Lobby. That's become a Christmas tradition on QM2. I've learned Rebecca Graves was commissioned to create these characters in 2012. This photo was taken December 23, 2013.

WindintheWillowsQM2.thumb.jpg.7bbb8e0a36b01870e46141add4c7da73.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

image.thumb.jpeg.0ae2b936f0d8d88c927f5b1067fed1ac.jpeg

Taken on September 2022 after parking the car at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Redhook from the parking lot before the Canada/New England 14 day sailing.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

image.jpeg

Oh, now that’s not fair!  I’m on a diet and cheese — my absolute favorite food — is off limits!  Just this evening my husband said, “I don’t know how you’re going to stick to your calorie counts on our cruise.”  I told him that’s why I’m aiming to go below my ideal weight before we get on the ship.  And then I realized that two weeks after disembarking we’re going to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 😭 

I’m going to have to figure out how to deal with all the temptation.  It’ll be a fine line between enjoying myself and eating reasonably.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures!

Wait…. Is that STILTON?!  I can’t get Stilton where I live!  Ahhhhhh 🫣

Edited by napria
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, napria said:

Oh, now that’s not fair!  I’m on a diet and cheese — my absolute favorite food — is off limits!  Just this evening my husband said, “I don’t know how you’re going to stick to your calorie counts on our cruise.”  I told him that’s why I’m aiming to go below my ideal weight before we get on the ship.  And then I realized that two weeks after disembarking we’re going to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival 😭 

I’m going to have to figure out how to deal with all the temptation.  It’ll be a fine line between enjoying myself and eating reasonably.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures!

Wait…. Is that STILTON?!  I can’t get Stilton where I live!  Ahhhhhh 🫣

Sorry Napria,

Fair is Fair. Belt holes and waist lines are on hold while on board. We are about 231 days and it's on my mind how to lose for the 14 days. Lost last time for cruise, but on 14 days, gained 6 on return. There are other food photos taken wouldn't darn.Yes, they do have variety on board the cheeses.

The Cheese board was used when didn't want to have those OTHER desserts if you know what I mean! That was the alter go to. On a Caribbean to come, I want to get into my White Jacket. My method on board, enjoy by moderation thru out. Look at the sample copies of the menus on the boards to get an idea whats to come.

Edited by BklynBoy8

Our first Crossing in 2008 when we were guests on the bridge as we sailed out of NY Harbor. (Local connections). I’ve shared this before and this is certainly a memory. And I probably should not have taken this picture on the bridge…they let me back on future voyages so I guess all ok. 

image.thumb.jpeg.79926a761c9808bf48d9b1d82a652a86.jpeg

DSCN0560_Original.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, napria said:

Whether it’s a special memory or a special place on the ship, or something else, would you help me as I wait and anticipate my first Cunard voyage by posting a picture, please?  Also let me know approximately when and where the picture is from. 

Welcome and best wishes @napria for your upcoming first Cunard voyage! 

There are two other long-standing threads here on the Cunard board with a huge number of photos.  One of them is a game that has going since @Host Hattie began it in August 2020 where someone contributes a photo of a port that some Cunard ship (not necessarily the current fleet) visited at some point in history (usually in the past several years, but sometimes many decades in the past).  Other participants then try to guess the port based on the information in the photo, with sometimes a hint or two if needed.  We've had 664 different ports and cruise-by locations from all over the world contributed so far, and the game is still going.  Here's a link to the first page in the thread. and there's 218 more pages filled with some of our favourite Cunard photos.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2758822-where-in-the-world/

Another great thread, if you are a fan of sunrises or sunsets at sea, is a collection of photos begun by @rafinmd in January 2021.  That thread contains 45 pages of wonderful photos, usually taken while someone has been on a Cunard voyage.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2769492-daily-sunrise-photo/

Look forward to seeing some of your photos from your first voyage.  Best wishes!

• Like 2

Sorry, I thought of one more, that @Lanky Lad began in September 2020.  That thread is a "virtual treasure hunt" of photos taken onboard a Cunard ship.  There are 21 pages of contributed photos showcasing many impressive, unique, and/or hidden features of the Cunard fleet.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2761227-virtual-treasure-hunt/

• Like 2

Not sure it's a favourite Cunard pix (those would be of my first crossing in QE2 in 1977 which are not digitised) but here is an unusual meeting of QUEEN MARY 2 (on her Southampton-West Indies roundtrip) and QUEEN VICTORIA during her rather sad use as a Covid crew accommodation ship together at Barbados on 26 January 2022.  We first met at sea just off the port the previous evening with some nice whistle salutes.  

This was the first time I've been aboard a Cunarder and met another one in the same port or at sea.

1-QM2andQVBarbados26Jan22.thumb.jpg.f777a18f7fe509d44b0c927195503438.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, napria said:

Is this in QG or PG?

It's PG but all passengers get it on board the same evening.

Believe it was started when Covid couldn't allow the Captain to meet each individual Passenger...

We had it on two trips awaiting us.

2 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

It's PG but all passengers get it on board the same evening.

Believe it was started when Covid couldn't allow the Captain to meet each individual Passenger...

We had it on two trips awaiting us.

So we’re just Britannia Class, nothing fancy.  We’ll be getting a glass of bubbly too?