Queen Anne July 28 -14 day Mediterranean Circuit - Live from … Maybe…

westcoasttech

There are not too many children on board considering it’s school holidays, and yes I have seen very small children in the jacuzzi with their families. Anytime dinning has long queues. We went in earlier yesterday and it was a much better experience. Sun beds are a problem, towels left for hours at a time. Disappointed re missing Cádiz, no compensation offered, even a complimentary drink might have softened the blow. The fizz offered last night was warm.

Looking forward to joining this cruise in Civitavecchia on Monday in PG for a 6 day jaunt back to Southampton.  Tempted to nab a Q6 that popped up with availability a few days ago, but in the end the £1300 was just a bit out of my reach.  Interestingly, it was possibly the 'worst' QG suite - 7001 with a shaded balcony right under the bridge overhang.  Even so...sorely tempted!

5 minutes ago, Wagtail adventures said:

Looking forward to joining this cruise in Civitavecchia on Monday in PG for a 6 day jaunt back to Southampton.  Tempted to nab a Q6 that popped up with availability a few days ago, but in the end the £1300 was just a bit out of my reach.  Interestingly, it was possibly the 'worst' QG suite - 7001 with a shaded balcony right under the bridge overhang.  Even so...sorely tempted!

I am sure you will enjoy it. We are still chugging along nicely. We go through the Straits of Gibraltar later tonight but it will dark by then I think. Still due in Barcelona for Friday. I notice the sail away from Barcelona is 10 30. Don’t know if that has always been the case or is it to allow extra time for repairs ? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I notice the sail away from Barcelona is 10 30. Don’t know if that has always been the case or is it to allow extra time for repairs ? 

The all aboard time on the 12th of June was 10:30pm as well - so I think this will be the norm.

• Like 1

We’ve not made good enough speed to make Barcelona on time now, expected docking is now 1000, meaning many of the longer shore excursions have been cancelled. We managed to book onto something else but there wasn’t much choice given the short time to arrival. 

Captain said they’re expecting to push out our departure time from Barcelona until midnight. Hopefully they sort out the AziPod and we can get back to something like the normal itinerary. 

Freedom dining has improved and it’s a bit more attentive now. We’re going a bit later and not far off 2nd sitting time anyway, but I wonder if its down to people opting for the lido or the alternatives though, it’s definitely quieter in the dining room. It’ll be interesting to see how the next gala night holds up and if that’s any better than the chaos earlier in the week. 

Nice and relaxing though. If you’re going to be stuck pootling along ok one engine it might as well be in the warmth with an ice cream 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I wish Cunard offers more overnight stays at bigger port calls like Barcelona and Civitavechia (Rome). Maybe even offering an optional hotel stay in Rome during an overnight so Pax don’t have to spend more time dealing with traffic to go back to the ship and come back the next day. 

We had an overnight stay in Istanbul once and that made a world of difference, especially being docked right in the middle of the attractions. Plus with more overnights, there will be more time to address mechanical problems or delays. 
To me, these cruises with one day stops in major cities doesn’t float my boat. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Pear Carr said:

What is the story?

For me?

Airline cancelled my original flight a few weeks ago and rebooked me on a different, horrifically early one. Rebooking apparently didn't go fully through the system, so I rocked up at the airport to be told they couldn't check me in, and the booking centre said that, because I'd paid with loyalty points, I'd have to speak to the loyalty people. Only problem was that the flight left two hours before the office opened.

Lovely desk agent finally rang the booking centre and barked orders at them until it was fixed, at which point I was rushed through security and made it to the plane just as boarding started.

And then I was sat in the middle of a school trip returning from New York!

Edited by Clewgarnet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clewgarnet said:

For me?

Airline cancelled my original flight a few weeks ago and rebooked me on a different, horrifically early one. Rebooking apparently didn't go fully through the system, so I rocked up at the airport to be told they couldn't check me in, and the booking centre said that, because I'd paid with loyalty points, I'd have to speak to the loyalty people. Only problem was that the flight left two hours before the office opened.

Lovely desk agent finally rang the booking centre and barked orders at them until it was fixed, at which point I was rushed through security and made it to the plane just as boarding started.

Wow! So glad you came out the other side, have the epic trip you deserve.

• Like 4

On 7/28/2024 at 11:46 AM, westcoasttech said:

IMG_8738.jpeg

Oh, hell, no.  My eyes!!  😵‍💫  My panic-inducing clutter phobia would have me running screaming from this area.  😭

I am enjoying the reports and pics!  (Except ^^that one.)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Clewgarnet said:

For me?

Yikes!  So glad you made it though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Oh, hell, no.  My eyes!!  😵‍💫  My panic-inducing clutter phobia would have me running screaming from this area.  😭

I am enjoying the reports and pics!  (Except ^^that one.)

Nothing like a relaxing swim in the middle of Wembley Stadium, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nearly at Barcelona due at 10. So far no

complaints and Anne could be favourite. I have managed to work out where all the different places I like to go are in relation to each other and how to get there. Cabin is fabulous but can see how for two on any crossing longer than 14 nights could be cramped for storage but for just me it’s fine. No complaints regarding service or food. Had some delicious meals slightly different menu to the usual offerings in Britannia. Have watched most of the Insights talks on the T V later as I wanted to take advantage of being outside and enjoying the weather. No problem ever getting a lift but agree you do have to be quick especially when one arrives in the opposite bank !! I would say this cruise has a younger demographic and there are lots of red cards about so hopefully they are enjoying their first Cunard experience as much as me Also would say there is not such an International mix of guests  I have experienced before. Seems far more fromUK. I am not interested in the Olympics but plenty seem to be enjoying watching on the big screen in Pavilion area. Heard a few moans from people about ship or the Azipod problem but I don’t engage and shut the conversation down. I am not interested in other people’s negativity encroaching on my positive experience. 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Nearly at Barcelona due at 10. So far no

complaints and Anne could be favourite. I have managed to work out where all the different places I like to go are in relation to each other and how to get there. Cabin is fabulous but can see how for two on any crossing longer than 14 nights could be cramped for storage but for just me it’s fine. No complaints regarding service or food. Had some delicious meals slightly different menu to the usual offerings in Britannia. Have watched most of the Insights talks on the T V later as I wanted to take advantage of being outside and enjoying the weather. No problem ever getting a lift but agree you do have to be quick especially when one arrives in the opposite bank !! I would say this cruise has a younger demographic and there are lots of red cards about so hopefully they are enjoying their first Cunard experience as much as me Also would say there is not such an International mix of guests  I have experienced before. Seems far more fromUK. I am not interested in the Olympics but plenty seem to be enjoying watching on the big screen in Pavilion area. Heard a few moans from people about ship or the Azipod problem but I don’t engage and shut the conversation down. I am not interested in other people’s negativity encroaching on my positive experience. 

Glad you are enjoying it, as did I. Can you photograph and post one or two menus?  
Perhaps they could institute an Olympic event involving hurdling the bench in the lift well to get to the lift diagonally opposite?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Glad you are enjoying it, as did I. Can you photograph and post one or two menus?  
Perhaps they could institute an Olympic event involving hurdling the bench in the lift well to get to the lift diagonally opposite?

IMG_4009.thumb.jpeg.758284eba13d1aff724a00883b844384.jpeg

IMG_4008.jpeg

IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg

IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3911.jpeg

IMG_3910.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3983.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I send the menus home as my daughters  like to play a game - Guess what mum will chose then they add their choices. !!  Both Cunard cruisers too. 

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Like 2

Just now, Winifred 22 said:

I send the menus home as my daughter’s like to play a game - Guess what mum will chose then they add their choices. !!  Both Cunard cruisers too. 

Well, there is plenty there I would enjoy, that I’d do think roasted carrots is a less than engrossing starter. but luckily it’s with lots of much nicer things. I sometimes play that game with my husband when we are actually at the table. I always guess his, he never has a clue with me, occasionally guessing things I would starve rather than eat. 😀

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I send the menus home as my daughters  like to play a game - Guess what mum will chose then they add their choices. !!  Both Cunard cruisers too. 

My partner and I do this too, if I’m on board without him. He’s usually correct, too - I must be predictable.

Thank you for posting these, some interesting new additions, and some slight adjustments to the usuals. My appetite is whetted for October!

I hope you have an enjoyable time in Barcelona, or on board if you don’t plan to explore. I imagine the ship will be quite quiet today!

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Well, there is plenty there I would enjoy, that I’d do think roasted carrots is a less than engrossing starter. but luckily it’s with lots of much nicer things.

Carrots are much maligned, for a posh dinner I sous-vide them with a little maple syrup or honey  and some caraway seeds and because they are cooked in their own juices, each mouthful is a burst of carroty loveliness.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think I mentioned dashing for a lift when in a wheelchair/disabled especially when on the wrong side of the lobby was akin to a Paralympic sport but obviously, not hurdling!! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

My thoughts exactly - also too closed in for my liking, didn’t use it once in two weeks.

• Like 1