LIVE from the Scarlet Lady 8/4-8/11

2 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'm happy to see the review has begun! I hope you have a wonderful birthday cruise! 🥂😍

Thank you… now to get to the airport lol 

• Like 2

Welcome back, Megan! It sounds like you are definitely in need of this vacation. Having a late 80s childhood myself, your summer sounds exhausting. My mom just let my brothers and me take off on our bikes all day or would bring us to the pool to hang out for hours. Then of course, there were hours playing Nintendo and watching talk shows and soap operas. Kids these days do so much during their summer breaks. Anyway, wishing you a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to follow you along on your adventure ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Checked in and following along.  Safe travels.  Have a wonderful birthday cruise!  What a  great itinerary!  We’re doing Resilient’s first sailing out of San Juan for my wife’s birthday in December. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Barcelona (pre-cruise): 

Last year, we sailed the Resilient Lady on the Greek Island Glow itinerary. We planned to get there two days early, but when we checked in for our flight… it was cancelled. This time, 2 days before sailing is still the name of the game, and I’m definitely having flashbacks of the scramble to rebook flights from last year. This year, I decided we definitely wanted to go nonstop to avoid any other issues that can pop up ie lost bags or delays. So we are headed out on Thursday evening from DFW. As for accommodations, I started off looking at Bonvoy products, but I really didn’t care for the locations. I ended up really diving in to H10 properties and for the budget (less than 200 euros a night), I decided on H10 Montcada in the Gothic district. 
I knew we would want to see as much of the city as possible so I grabbed hop on, hop off bus tickets… I’m not usually a fan of those, but I like the routes and it hit all the hot spots. Plus, we will do a Park Guell tour on the morning of Aug. 3 and La Sagrada Familia in the afternoon. I found the top churro spot of all of Barcelona on IG and a few bars I wanna go by, so it should be a pretty packed itinerary pre-cruise as long as we get there and aren’t too jet lagged. 

IMG_7268.jpeg

Happy Birthday! Will be following along. We are staying at the H10 Montcada for our Transatlantic cruise at the end of October! We did a Transatlantic out of Barcelona last year, and fell in love with the city, so doing it again this year! Barcelona is absolutely amazing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

So we’ve heard a LOT about pickpocketing in Barcelona… like way more than normal places we visit. And I have to admit, it does have me slightly concerned. I’ll be carrying my Travelon purse and I grabbed one of these off Amazon for my phone. No roving gang of criminals is gonna steal my phone outta my hand. I have a live to do. 

IMG_7275.jpeg

We ordered those too, but from Temu. I agree, nobody is taking my phone!

IMG_0234.png

IMG_0235.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Force said:

Checked in and following along.  Safe travels.  Have a wonderful birthday cruise!  What a  great itinerary!  We’re doing Resilient’s first sailing out of San Juan for my wife’s birthday in December. 

Which one? I’ll be back on 12/6. 

1 hour ago, sailawaykaye said:

So we’ve heard a LOT about pickpocketing in Barcelona… like way more than normal places we visit. And I have to admit, it does have me slightly concerned. I’ll be carrying my Travelon purse and I grabbed one of these off Amazon for my phone. No roving gang of criminals is gonna steal my phone outta my hand.

Barcelona has some of the most talented pickpockets in the world. Chances are nothing will happen to you. Enjoy this great city to its fullest, but realize that crowded areas like buses, trains etc. are ground zero for this kind of behavior. Many of the best thieves here are young women too. When I visit similar places to Barcelona, I always wear my pick pocket proof shorts. Won't leave home without them 🙂

https://www.clothingarts.com/products/pickpocket_proof_adventure_travel_shorts?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInajri-_NhwMVmZpaBR22AD0sEAQYAyABEgL7pPD_BwE

• Thanks 2

Safe travels Megan, excited to follow along on your Birthday vaca!!!  I'm getting on Scarlet after you, so very excited to see everything the week before I get on, from your perspective. 🥂

• Thanks 1

Last night, I could NOT sleep. Mr. Megan got home about 12:15, so I took a quarter of a Xanax. I needed that. I have a zoom here shortly. Then laundry, a couple of work calls, a few errands, and then packing up the littles. Happy Tuesday yall. 

• Like 16