Streaming movies on the Odyssey and Quantum

Anyone know if I can stream or connect to the TV’s on the Odyssey and Quantum ?
I like to wind down at the end of the night with some TV after a long night out 

and I like to fall asleep with the sleep mode on.   
thanks.  

2 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Anyone know if I can stream or connect to the TV’s on the Odyssey and Quantum ?

Casting has been reported to work on Odyssey, not on Quantum. Both should have the ability to connect via HDMI.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Casting has been reported to work on Odyssey, not on Quantum. Both should have the ability to connect via HDMI.

I carry cords too so we’ll have to see.   

how does the casting work.   

42 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

There should be an option on your device and/or the TV should have some guide.

We were on Odyssey last week and can confirm streaming to the TV is an option on the menu. I didn’t try it but I did directly connect an iPad to the HDMI port and that was very simple. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, constable145 said:

Cue all the people chastising you for wanting to watch TV on a cruise...

Could care less what other people think lol.    My money my decision. 

I don’t sleep    And don’t want to watch Fox News at 3am. lol. or pay for a movie I’ve already seen.   lol. 

9 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Yeah that’s my next step.   Do I need to change anything with the remote? 

You need a universal (or in this case, a Samsung will work) remote in order to change the source to HDMI. There are also universal remote applications for phones, but you need an IR emitter.

Also, on the newer ships, you typically need to unplug the network cable, and power cycle the TV. The TV's programming/configuration is such that when the network cable is plugged in, the TV will automatically launch the custom application as opposed to accessing any designated sources.

If you don't have a universal remote, you might try plugging in the HDMI connection, unplugging the network (and COAX if it exists), and then power cycle the TV and see if it decides that the HDMI source is the only live source and auto-selects it for you.

We travel with a Firestick, a universal remote, and a 10' HDMI cable on all trips. I have a nice little case for it 🙂 

9 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

Do I need to change anything with the remote? 

While the above is true most of the time, on some ships the HDMI is linked to one of the channels, there's no need to change input - you simply change to that TV channel.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

You need a universal (or in this case, a Samsung will work) remote in order to change the source to HDMI. There are also universal remote applications for phones, but you need an IR emitter.

Also, on the newer ships, you typically need to unplug the network cable, and power cycle the TV. The TV's programming/configuration is such that when the network cable is plugged in, the TV will automatically launch the custom application as opposed to accessing any designated sources.

If you don't have a universal remote, you might try plugging in the HDMI connection, unplugging the network (and COAX if it exists), and then power cycle the TV and see if it decides that the HDMI source is the only live source and auto-selects it for you.

We travel with a Firestick, a universal remote, and a 10' HDMI cable on all trips. I have a nice little case for it 🙂 

Like biker said.    You just have to choice the HDMI  channel and wahla.   
your in.  

IMG_7405.jpeg

IMG_7406.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While the above is true most of the time, on some ships the HDMI is linked to one of the channels, there's no need to change input - you simply change to that TV channel.

yup. Works great.    Thanks I got it as you posted.   Lolol. 

3 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Like biker said.    You just have to choice the HDMI  channel and wahla.   
your in.  
IMG_7406.jpeg

Cool! That's a new option since I was last on a newer ship!

(Odyssey, then Jewel, Allure, Radiance)

• Like 1