Menu In WC ?

lextrvlr

21 minutes ago, lextrvlr said:

Is there a menu from which one can be served in the WC and/or Aquavit Terrace?

Menu is on cabin tv.  Have never seen one on a table in WC.  At the center section both sides you can order a la minus type prep for grilled salmon, steak, plate of the evening and a few more I suppose you could arrange for a server to pick it up for you and bring to your table.  Mostly you can get anything if you ask.  I usually order what I want and proceed to pick up other stuff then go back for my order and carry it myself.  Other venues have very good table service.

Thanks Jim. As one who suffers essential tremor of the hands, it is the, "carry it myself" portion of your answer that prompts my question. For me doing this can be embarrassing, difficult and sometimes disastrous. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lextrvlr said:

Thanks Jim. As one who suffers essential tremor of the hands, it is the, "carry it myself" portion of your answer that prompts my question. For me doing this can be embarrassing, difficult and sometimes disastrous. 

Almost always, a server or the manager will jump in and ask if you need assistance if they see you struggling.  I am sure if you found your table and then asked the server that is responsible for your table to assist you they will do so with a smile.  

And if my experience is any indication, once they help you once, it’s unlikely you will have to ask again. They will see you and immediately come to your aid. 

• Like 11

I walk with a stick, and although I was quite able to manage a plate one-handed (or tuck my stick under my elbow while filling the plate) the manager was constantly taking my plate away and carrying it around for me.  You'll have no trouble finding someone to to help, and they'll be glad to do it.  Our experience was that the staff - in the café and elsewhere - were all eager to be useful and a little disappointed not to be needed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lextrvlr said:

In my experience, I have seen people on the ship that when they have difficulty, there will be someone who goes through the line and carries plates.  There was one gentleman who needed to be holding onto his walker at all times, so a member of the staff helped him get food in WC, set him up at a table and brought him his drink.  
The menu for World Cafe is very similar to The Restaurant (where there is table service).  

I have never had a lack of staff offering to help me and i do not use a mobility device on board the ship.  Just watch out for other passengers who are not paying attention to their surroundings.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2024 at 9:02 AM, lextrvlr said:

Is there a menu from which one can be served in the WC and/or Aquavit Terrace?

When you board, approach the WC Manager in the afternoon when they are not open and not busy.

Let him/her/them know that you will be looking for help.  

Don't struggle with this, as all have said, Viking is happy to accommodate.

• Like 4

As a newbie with a snazzy new hurry cane, this is good to know. It took me a long time to acknowledge that I needed one but now that I have been using it for a few months I would hate to be without it on long walks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steerpike58 said:

Be aware there is a 'noodle bar' at the far end of WC, and they do fantastic made-to-order noodle dishes (dan-dan, ramen, etc). It was our go-to most nights. 

On the older ships, the pool grill becomes the noodle bar at dinner. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, millybess said:

That is something I didn't know.  Thanks.

That’s how it was on Sky for the WC which was new to us. I assume (and I recognize what that may be making me) that it’s the new normal but would need someone on Star to confirm.  

• Like 2

On 7/31/2024 at 9:53 AM, Mich3554 said:

In my experience, I have seen people on the ship that when they have difficulty, there will be someone who goes through the line and carries plates.  There was one gentleman who needed to be holding onto his walker at all times, so a member of the staff helped him get food in WC, set him up at a table and brought him his drink.  
The menu for World Cafe is very similar to The Restaurant (where there is table service).  

Spot on they really are marvelous!

Cheers

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 2:57 PM, Clay Clayton said:

That’s how it was on Sky for the WC which was new to us. I assume (and I recognize what that may be making me) that it’s the new normal but would need someone on Star to confirm.  

Clay - it was similar in 2020 on Sun.

3 hours ago, Jjg34219 said:

Just off the Sea…pool grill was not a noodle bar at dinner

Maybe it was just a World Cruise thing🤔

2 hours ago, millybess said:

Sky gets everything. 

Not everything, just somethings 😂

1 minute ago, Mich3554 said:

The Neptune has a noodle bar.

Well, if it does it was never listed in the hours for the Pool Grill.  Those hours were always listed as ending at 5:00.  At least they were a month ago.

12 minutes ago, ericosmith said:

Well, if it does it was never listed in the hours for the Pool Grill.  Those hours were always listed as ending at 5:00.  At least they were a month ago.

It’s not at the pool grill, it’s in the back of World Cafe.  The Neptune is a newer ship, so the noodle bar is there.  On the older ships like the Star, Sky or Sea, they are not there.  
I spent 178 days on the Neptune last year, I ate at the noodle bar regularly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ericosmith said:

On the Neptune the Pool Grill was just plain closed at dinner...well, except for bbq night.

That’s because it has a separate noodle bar near the aquavit liquor bar. My comment was for the older ships that didn’t have this station included when they were built.  But based on a report from Sea, using the pool grill ans a noodle bar in the evening isn’t Fleet wide.