Bumped from Cunard Cruise

Very pleased for you.

Now the wrong has been righted, you need

a) paperwork

b) massive compensation (from your TA?)

c) the results of a detailed investigation into how it happened in the first place.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

This is super news!  I am so so happy for you!  Can you log back in, now, and see it?

I tried logging using the 3 codes for the different cabins booked for me last Friday, but they no longer work.  Hopefully the TA provides the new one tomorrow.  I never received a reply email from the Travel agency's main company director, but would expect something to filter through due to Cunard's investigation.  (  BTW in case anyone is wondering, I never stated the TA consultant's name in my emails to Cunard or the TA either, as I didnt want her job to be in jeopardy but nor did want to miss out on our trip &/or money spent, or end up sleeping in the bowel of the ship 😄 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You have handled this well, and it sounds like Cunard did too once they were made aware of the situation (by you).  The travel agency (the company) has failed miserably.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

I never stated the TA consultant's name in my emails to Cunard or the TA either

You would not need to as the TA would be in Cunard's records, so it would be easy for them to trace whoever made the booking.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

I tried logging using the 3 codes for the different cabins booked for me last Friday, but they no longer work.  Hopefully the TA provides the new one tomorrow.  I never received a reply email from the Travel agency's main company director, but would expect something to filter through due to Cunard's investigation.  (  BTW in case anyone is wondering, I never stated the TA consultant's name in my emails to Cunard or the TA either, as I didnt want her job to be in jeopardy but nor did want to miss out on our trip &/or money spent, or end up sleeping in the bowel of the ship 😄 

One thing you might do, when you’ve finally got your log in details and it is definitely sorted, is publish the name of the helpful Cunard employee who sorted this. They deserve glory, and it might be helpful to others. I assume this would be OK with CC as Cunard obviously do not count as a travel agent. 😀

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

One thing you might do, when you’ve finally got your log in details and it is definitely sorted, is publish the name of the helpful Cunard employee who sorted this. They deserve glory, and it might be helpful to others. I assume this would be OK with CC as Cunard obviously do not count as a travel agent. 😀

Please do not do this.  This is called doxing.  Most of us do not want our names on the internet without consent.  Respect people's privacy.  Would you want your name exposed that way?

4 minutes ago, stan01 said:

Please do not do this.  This is called doxing.  Most of us do not want our names on the internet without consent.  Respect people's privacy.  Would you want your name exposed that way?

In a word, yes. You may have noticed contact details of people at Cunard who may be able to help with things are often posted here. Should they not be? It would make this board much less useful.

• Like 3

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!! 

I'm glad that Cunard is investigating what happened. It does look to me like it's the fault of the TA for not forwarding the money quickly enough. But there is still a chance that it could have happened at Cunard's end, so good on them for looking into this.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

In a word, yes. You may have noticed contact details of people at Cunard who may be able to help with things are often posted here. Should they not be? It would make this board much less useful.

Didnt feel right publishing her name without her permission on here, even when in glowing terms since these boards are public.  But I can say I found it via LinkedIn Australia, and under Carnival cruises.  And if anyone finds themselves in a similar predictament with Cunard,  Im happy for them to message me.                                                                   

Edited by Nm hehappysailing
typo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

No, it wouldn't I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

No, it wouldn't I'm afraid. 

Ooooops. Sorry, it was just that there were several suggestions of possibly helpful people at Carnival/Cunard earlier on. 

• Like 1

I guess giving high praises to cabin attendants, waiters, and other crew is different than for customer service reps who help fix tough situations like this one. I hope the helpful Cunard agent can get recognized somehow. Recognition from us is a big part of promotions for them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Ooooops. Sorry, it was just that there were several suggestions of possibly helpful people at Carnival/Cunard earlier on. 

If the names and contact details are already widely available, that's fine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NE John said:

I guess giving high praises to cabin attendants, waiters, and other crew is different than for customer service reps who help fix tough situations like this one. I hope the helpful Cunard agent can get recognized somehow. Recognition from us is a big part of promotions for them. 

I was able to log into Mycunard this morning with my original MyC booking number, and as promised a state room balcony for the full 28 days - so she's done a great job of fixing the disaster.   - Ive just emailed asking her directly if Ok to state her name and title

• Like 16

12 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

I was able to log into Mycunard this morning with my original MyC booking number, and as promised a state room balcony for the full 28 days - so she's done a great job of fixing the disaster.   - Ive just emailed asking her directly if Ok to state her name and title

I am so happy it all worked out for you! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nm hehappysailing said:

The Cunard Carnival replied that she prefers to remain behind the scenes, gets involved when cases are escalated, and graciously stated that it was a team effort - her crew and also the TA. 

So yes, not to reveal her name and title etc 

I understand that, though it is a shame she and her team don’t get the renown. But all credit to them. One thing you may be able to answer is how the initial contact came about, after your TA’s somewhat wishy washy efforts.

• Like 1