ANY BREAKS FOR BOOKING NEXT CRUISE WHILE ONBOARD

greener

Just wondering if anyone who cruised recently can offer advice on waiting til onboard to booking next cruise.  any reduced fares or included extras?someone said that there is a list of special offers if you book onboard.

Posted (edited)

@greener you may purchase a future cruise deposit when you are onboard .You will get onboard credit and reduced deposit (basically your future cruise deposit is your deposit when you go to book -usually )for your next cruise.

You do not have to book a cruise while you’re onboard to take advantage of this and if you have a travel agent, they can book the cruise for you within the parameters of when the future cruise deposit (FCD)expires.

This is from Princess.com: Future Cruise Deposits must be booked within one year from the date of purchase or the deposit amount will be refunded to the original form of payment. Future Cruise Deposits are treated as cash and are subject to cancellation fees in accordance with our published cancellation terms.

Amount of onboard credit varies by cruise length to which the deposit is applied. Cruises or cruise portion of cruisetours 3-6 days: $15pp for inside/oceanview and $25pp balcony/suite; 7-10 days: $25pp for inside/oceanview and $50pp balcony/suite; 11-16 Days: $75pp for inside/oceanview and $100pp balcony/suite; 17-44 Days: $125pp for inside/oceanview and $150pp balcony/suite.

Onboard Credit not applicable to the World Cruise and World Cruise Segment Voyages or non-world cruises 45+ days in length. Instead, these cruises receive a reduced deposit of 5% of cruise fare and a 3% discount off the cruise fare.

Onboard Credit is only per person for the person using the Future Cruise Deposit; it does not carry over to any other passengers in the stateroom. (Onboard credit is only applicable to guest 1 or 2 on a booking and is not applicable to upper berth guests).

Future Cruise Deposits cannot be added to a booking after the booking has been paid in full and may not be combinable with other promotional offers.

For UK Guests: Please note any FCCs issued for the cancellation of a cruise booking by Princess Cruises after 1 July 2021 are not covered by ABTA's scheme of financial protection, although any booking made using the FCC will be protected up to the amount of the refund due on the original booking. These FCCs can be used against any holiday that is on sale at the time of booking.

About future cruise deposit

You can purchase a Future Cruise Deposit (FCD) on board as part of our Future Cruise Deposit Program.

The Future Cruise Deposit is a reduced deposit of $100 per person that secures a booking until final payment and gives the guest up to $150 Onboard Credit!

You’ll have up to a year to book your cruise with your preferred Travel Advisor or Cruise Vacation Planner or directly through Princess. If you don’t book during that time, we’ll automatically refund the FCD to the credit card used to purchase the deposit.

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, greener said:

Just wondering if anyone who cruised recently can offer advice on waiting til onboard to booking next cruise.  any reduced fares or included extras?someone said that there is a list of special offers if you book onboard.

Yes, previously future cruise would provide a ‘list’ of close-in sailings departing within the next 90-100 days that are discounted. When I was on Enchanted last May and June, I was told they no longer produce this ‘list’, but will be able to tell you which future sailings are ‘discounted’. Previously the discounts were 25-50% off the Princess.com fare. Was told the sailings are limited and inventory changes rapidly, so the ‘list’ would be outdated quickly.

There is are previous threads regarding this issue, as this question is asked frequently. 

When this promo was originally released when the third party company O.N.E. was contracted to handle the Future Cruises administration and now Captains Circle(loyalty), some sailings offered were more than 90-100 days in the future, but I believe now back to close-in date.

This promo can be discontinued at any time. Buying future cruise deposits are a no lose situation since they are fully refundable at any time till they expire, then are automatically refunded to original form of payment unless that credit card has been closed, then a check will be issued.

Hi,

Are FCD purchases made on board charged in USD?

I'm from Canada and pay my cruise fare in CAD. 

How does this work?  Is the USD value converted to CAD when I use the FCD?

Thanks for your help.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, greener said:

Yes, as of May this year, there were onboard offers. No, there were no reduced fare deals.

These offers take the form of bundle packages, pre and post land stays IIRC, throwing in stuff that was superfluous to us. To each their own, but we'll stick with buying FCDs onboard and working with our CVP.

Edited by mtnesterz

I purchase the fully refundable $100 Future Cruise Deposits (FCDs) while on board. Then when I return home I research where and when I wish to sail when I'm not on a cruise high. No real fare reductions if booked on board. The on board sales person may try to push expensive packages that seem great and cost lots of money. I recommend staying away from them.

FCDs will be refunded in full if not used to book a cruise within one year from date of purchase. The $100 is the full deposit for most cruises, world cruises excepted. Once used as a deposit they are subject to the terms on the booking. FCDs are individual. If you are a couple each one needs the the FCD to take advantage of reduced deposit and OBC. 

25 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

FCD's cannot be used on any cruise that is 45 days or longer.

That's the rule. However... We once booked a cruise from FLL all the way around SA and back through the canal to FLL again. We weren't supposed to be able to use FCD for the deposit but the system took them just fine. I was shocked that it worked. We ended up cancelling the cruise but did initially book it using FCD. Another example of inconsistency on the part of Princess. (I certainly wouldn't count on it working again.)

I agree with others here that buying and using FCD is the way to go. It's risk free and I love getting OBC.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruiseMom88 said:

Hi,

Are FCD purchases made on board charged in USD?

I'm from Canada and pay my cruise fare in CAD. 

How does this work?  Is the USD value converted to CAD when I use the FCD?

Thanks for your help.

Canadian here. You can pay in Canadian funds when purchasing your FCD (just make sure you select CAD) since the next time you book a trip, it will be in CAD. 

• Like 1