Premium wifi

Is it 2 devices per person that can be logged on at the same time? On Edge right now and it is requiring me to switch login from one to the other before I have access. Don’t recall it being like that on last 3 cruises. 

Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, travel1light said:

Is it 2 devices per person that can be logged on at the same time? On Edge right now and it is requiring me to switch login from one to the other before I have access. Don’t recall it being like that on last 3 cruises. 

Thanks. 

One at a time but yes two devices 

18 minutes ago, travel1light said:

It depends on what you purchased.  The standard individual WiFi package is one device per person at any given time.  You can use multiple devices but as you are experiencing you can only have one logged in at a time.   It has always been that way. 

You can buy a two device package where you can have two devices logged in simultaneously. 

24 minutes ago, travel1light said:

Thanks. 

Since you're on board, just go to the internet section to get it straightened out

Heading out on the Edge Oct 3 for 18days. Has anyone tried connecting a laptop to their Direct TV, fubo, or any stream acct or playback from a recorded show. I want to watch a nfl game with premium wifi on ship. Any success?

6 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Since you're on board, just go to the internet section to get it straightened out

Did just that.  Number of devices you can use simultaneously depends on cabin type.  Sky suite only allows 1 at a time per person.  I was in upper suites before so could use multiple devices together.  Thanks all for the replies. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, septrack said:

Heading out on the Edge Oct 3 for 18days. Has anyone tried connecting a laptop to their Direct TV, fubo, or any stream acct or playback from a recorded show. I want to watch a nfl game with premium wifi on ship. Any success?

The challenge here would be physical access to the HDMI ports on the TV, along with whether or not the remote (or discrete buttons on the TV itself) will allow you to change inputs.  I've seen conflicting reports about switching inputs.  Perhaps a difference between ships or the specific model of TV?

26 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The challenge here would be physical access to the HDMI ports on the TV, along with whether or not the remote (or discrete buttons on the TV itself) will allow you to change inputs.  I've seen conflicting reports about switching inputs.  Perhaps a difference between ships or the specific model of TV?

Actually, I'm OK as long as I can watch it on my laptop. I would assume it would work, but my brother recently travelled to Singapore/Manilla/India and reported he couldn't connect to Directv stream to get our local channels. Really don't want to miss 3 weeks of Seahawks football. Thanks for your response!

13 hours ago, septrack said:

my brother recently travelled to Singapore/Manilla/India and reported he couldn't connect to Directv stream to get our local channels

You may need a VPN to do what you want to do.  I noticed when sailing on Millennium in the southern caribbean the Internet thought I was in Mexico and when I was on Millennium in Japan it thought I was in Japan.  StarLink will know your geographical location and that will influence whether or not you can connect to certain sites.  If you use a VPN you can 'fool' the internet into thinking you are anywhere your VPN provider has an end point. 

14 hours ago, travel1light said:

Did just that.  Number of devices you can use simultaneously depends on cabin type.  Sky suite only allows 1 at a time per person.  I was in upper suites before so could use multiple devices together.  Thanks all for the replies. 

Celebrity Suite also only get 1 device per person.   Royal Suite and above get 2 device per person for a total of 4.    Last time they put all 4 on my account.  

36 minutes ago, IggleDoer said:

Any way to get a third line?   We will be in a Sky Suite. How much extra would it be?

Log into your Celebrity account, go to your cruise, Cruise Planning, Internet and you will see the current pricing for your cruise.  If you are A Captains Club member you can call Celebrity and see if you CC discount is greater than any sale they may currently be having and go with which ever is the cheapest.  If the price goes down later on,  you can always cancel, receive a full refund, and re-purchase at the lower price. 

On 8/3/2024 at 4:30 PM, IggleDoer said:

Any way to get a third line?   We will be in a Sky Suite. How much extra would it be?

They do sell addition connections.  Check your cruise Planner and you can see the cost.   CC discounts will be applied and it will show your price when you setup your account.    Generally CC discounts are higher than what you get per-cruise.

Hello! I should ask my question here before starting a new thread. 

Can I watch YouTube videos and play app games on the iPhone with the basic wifi package? 

With 1 package 1 device. Does it means I can only use it on my iPhone? Can I logout and login with the MacBook?

Each device purchased allows you to use that login on that number of device concurrently.  So yes if you buy 1 device you will setup a login and then that connection can be used on 1 device at a time on as many device as you want.  If you try to logon the internet on another device it will tell you it's in use by another device and ask if you want to throw them off and connect.

1 hour ago, Yoshikitty said:

Hello! I should ask my question here before starting a new thread. 

Can I watch YouTube videos and play app games on the iPhone with the basic wifi package? 

With 1 package 1 device. Does it means I can only use it on my iPhone? Can I logout and login with the MacBook?

Interestingly, you can connect your MacBook to the ship's wifi, go to settings, and share (google sharing wifi MacBook [Model]) the wifi as a hotspot

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Interestingly, you can connect your MacBook to the ship's wifi, go to settings, and share (google sharing wifi MacBook [Model]) the wifi as a hotspot

Yes, as long as you are within WiFi range of you MacBook.