Need One More Wifi Device

We are sailing on a 14 day transatlantic in Feb. 2025. My husband works quite a bit while onboard. He requires 2 wifi devices (I am told because he needs  constant 2 factor security verification.) and I want one as well. Last Princess cruise, we had the Premier package which came with 4 devices each. We found that aside from the extra wifi devices (and 8 is too many), the rest of the perks over the Plus package were not worth it, even a downright waste for us. The Plus package is everything we need except that we need one more device. What is the most economic way to have 3 devices?

7 minutes ago, land64shark said:

We are sailing on a 14 day transatlantic in Feb. 2025. My husband works quite a bit while onboard. He requires 2 wifi devices (I am told because he needs  constant 2 factor security verification.) and I want one as well. Last Princess cruise, we had the Premier package which came with 4 devices each. We found that aside from the extra wifi devices (and 8 is too many), the rest of the perks over the Plus package were not worth it, even a downright waste for us. The Plus package is everything we need except that we need one more device. What is the most economic way to have 3 devices?

The only option for one extra line, after buying two Plus Cruise Packages, is to buy an additional Wi-Fi Internet package.

Or, hope to make friends, virtually right away, with someone with a 4 device package who isn't using all of theirs and is willing to share..

We have one of us buy the 4 device plan which is less expensive than each of us buying a single device. We are Elite so price is half. Same for Platinums. 

we tried just sharing 1 device between the 2 of us and didn’t like sharing especially if we were in different places on the ship.

With so many sea days the 4 device plan may work best for you.

1 hour ago, land64shark said:

Upgrade one of your packages

10 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Upgrade one of your packages

Don’t upgrade stay with the plus if it gives you what you want except for WiFi and have your husband change his WiFi to a 4 device plan. My wife does that because she likes to have both phone and pad working at the same time

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Don’t upgrade stay with the plus if it gives you what you want except for WiFi and have your husband change his WiFi to a 4 device plan. My wife does that because she likes to have both phone and pad working at the same time

Do you recall the charge on a daily basis, assuming the Plus package and also qualifying for 50% off?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, memoak said:

That's what I meant. Obviously, you can't upgrade one package from Plus to Premier, as both bundle packages must be the same.

Upgrade one of the packages to the 4 device plan. We're talking about WiFi. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 1

One cruise a while ago we ended up chatting for quite a while with one of the GS reps about this and that (it wasn't busy) and ended up discussing how stressful embarkation day is for them. It was a multi-leg cruise for us so on the next embarkation day we dropped off a box of chocolate at the desk, just to help things out.

The next day we noticed that instead of the one device package we had with Plus, suddenly we both had four device packages ... we didn't need them but thanked our new "friend" anyway. Definitely was more convenient.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Get a travel router and split one of the connections into as many as you need.

That only works if you can always be close to the router. I have seen many people working out of lounges etc   Working from the cabin can be kind of a drag unless have a suite with a coffee table

Edited by memoak

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That only works if you can always be close to the router. I have seen many people working out of lounges etc   Working from the cabin can be kind of a drag unless have a suite with a coffee table

Have travel router, will travel... Bring a power bank

PXL_20240420_124032414.jpg.cc882465c13f1

also many cell phones, notably google pixels, can act as a router.