Anyone Successfully Make a 9:52AMish Flight Out of Miami Upon Disembarkation from Icon?

14 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

It's horrible.  Please help us encourage more people not to move to Florida. 

I've been looking at condos in Orlando.  Just dreaming at this point.

Sharing a few details related to the OP’s question and a topic brought up in the thread.

The chance of making a 9:50 am MIA flight from the port is pretty good.  There are risks of missing but that can happen even with the best plans.  We made a 9:30 flight from the port with time to hang in the lounge before takeoff in the past year (but it wasn’t Icon).  

For TSA pre-check, MIA is similar and different to other airports.  Some of the areas will have dedicated pre-check lines (and Clear) with  standard screening also. Expect that at the J and H terminal which serves Delta and most international carriers.  The D terminal (American) will have multiple TSA sections and with so many you can find the whole section a “standard only” or pre-check/first/executive only.  So pay attention to the different TSA options.  

On 8/4/2024 at 5:26 AM, bucfan2 said:

It's horrible.  Please help us encourage more people not to move to Florida. 

I couldnt handle the heat and humidity . 

Im looking forward to our first snowfall. 🙂

• Like 2

It’s like asking anybody if they ever won the lottery, the answer would be yes. The question should be, what happens if I don’t make it? With most airlines flying full, or close to it, it might take a long time before you get home. Do you feel lucky?

Posted (edited)

We did it in May.  We were one of the first few off the ship (self disembark) and the 4th people in like at the taxi stand.  At the airport by 7 and through TSA precheck very quickly.  The one who wasn't TSA precheck took almost an hour to get through.  Our flight was a little after 10 but we still had plenty of time.  It did kind of stress me out. I would definitely plan to get up early and get in line to self-disembark and have TSA pre-check. 

Edited by erby2283
  • Haha 1

I wouldn’t. We got off the boat at 7:30am on icon last week. Getting off is relatively quick, though getting on was quicker. We spent about 30m in the taxi line, another 30m in the security line at mia. The airport is awful and slow and not well staffed. I wouldn’t get any flight before 10-11am. Too risky if you miss the flight the airlines are awful with rebooking. 

Posted (edited)

Our flight is Delta at 10:10...problem?????  We self assist off the ship as early as the Diamond Concierge can get us.  Figured we'd be off by 7:00 or so.  Last time taxi only took about 20 mins. then the 20 mins ride to the airport.  But that was Symphony.  We DO have precheck.

Edited by BecciBoo