Silly to ask questions I'd appreciate answers to!

1. My husband has checked us in for our cruise on Aurora as I'm currently away and he tells me our boarding pass states A203 Arcadia. Not having seen this item I am assuming it must be a deck name or something.  He has confirmed it does state our correct R417 voyage number.  Can anyone please confirm that any mention of Arcadia is purely coincidental?

2. As our entire adult family are on this sailing filling in our emergency contact is a little challenging. If some great disaster befalls one of us or the ship goes down(!) we will literally be in the same boat together. Rather than use friends who live near us I am intending to put down the name of a business contact who is also a friend albeit living some 100 miles from us.  Will this be acceptable under the circumstances?

Thank you for any help.

A deck on Aurora is indeed called Arcadia.

B deck is Britannia

C deck is Canberra etc etc

i don't think they mind who your emergency contact is. My emergency contact lives 200 miles from me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I always use my husband for my emergency contact and I add me to his! It’s the only way I can fudge the system! 

That name of deck is really confusing when there is a ship called Arcadia, I’d have been confused too! 

• Like 1

Just a heads up. Once on board the names of decks are not used. If asked your cabin number you say Axxx. Otherwise when referring to your deck you use the number 11. 9 or 7 etc. The lifts display names but use numbers also.

• Thanks 1