Faster Internet being added to packages!!!

BlerkOne

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and pushing the price up, no doubt

The medallion classic says remaining with same price, but doesn’t state if package prices are increasing.

If you have to work on a cruise, of course, you want the fastest speed!  There you go..,

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

The medallion classic says remaining with same price, but doesn’t state if package prices are increasing.

If you have to work on a cruise, of course, you want the fastest speed!  There you go..,

then let 'those people' pay additional - but no ...  I fully understand the 'business aspect' believe me.

we have 8 ...8 logins on our next cruise for the 2 of us - that's usually about 7 too many ...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

An increase in package prices is overdue and expected. It's why I pre-purchase for cruises months in advance.

I did the same.  Who knows?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

An increase in package prices is overdue and expected. It's why I pre-purchase for cruises months in advance.

it might catch a few of those wait until onboard to use OBC'ers.  I still find that is available since the packages are cruise fare pre-cruise

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I know they say classic service will stay the same but Im doubting if it wont be downgraded like other cruiselines . We will see. But I havent had any issue working, streaming Netflix, etc with the current service.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

it might catch a few of those wait until onboard to use OBC'ers.  I still find that is available since the packages are cruise fare pre-cruise

In the past I would buy on board. Don't tell Princess, but they could always start by raising the purchase price once on the ship. Or give a discount for pre-purchasing (by not raising that price).

I probably missed something...though I read it through twice (rather quickly).  It *seems* to imply that you will automatically receive MAX along with either Plus or Premier...is that what the deal is?  That's fine with me...I always sail with one or the other.

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

I probably missed something...though I read it through twice (rather quickly).  It *seems* to imply that you will automatically receive MAX along with either Plus or Premier...is that what the deal is?  That's fine with me...I always sail with one or the other.

and you are fine with the sure to come price increase also?  for more something you may or may not need?

what is the breaking point for this price jump  JUMP!

• Like 1

Just now, voljeep said:

and you are fine with the sure to come price increase also?  for more something you may or may not need?

Well...it all comes down to the numbers, doesn't it?  We all know that *everything* is going up in price...no point in pretending otherwise.  I'm (probably) always going to sail with a package...but of course there may very well be a "breaking point" as you say.  If that happens and it affects a LOT of people and their desire for a package then it would be in Princess' best interest to back off that pricing.  Time will tell, but I won't hold my breath waiting for a *decrease*.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I consider the packages to be bargains and would purchase regardless. I am curious if I will have to pay an upgraded price to get the upgraded Internet. Time will tell. Still delighted.

• Like 6

Just now, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well...it all comes down to the numbers, doesn't it?  We all know that *everything* is going up in price...no point in pretending otherwise.

Exactly. Musk has raised the Starlink prices for everyone -  in some cases by 100%. Princess can't be expected to absorb the increased cost.

10 minutes ago, voljeep said:

How much is one device with elite discount for my March 2025 cruise? No package?

plus package?

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Exactly. Musk has raised the Starlink prices for everyone -  in some cases by 100%. Princess can't be expected to absorb the increased cost.

when was the latest price increase on PLUS and Premier? - just the date - don't really care about the fluff that was added to justify.

I'd really like for some of you great posters here on CC could do a timeline since PLUS was first released.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

when was the latest price increase on PLUS and Premier? - just the date - don't really care about the fluff that was added to justify.

I'd really like for some of you great posters here on CC could do a timeline since PLUS was first released.

Certainly not since Starlink prices jumped - and they don't give much notice.

Nobody is forced to buy a package. Choice is good.

• Like 1

I didn't read that Princess has gone and increased bandwidth for their ships since the addition of Starlink connectivity. Even with Starlink there's only so much bandwidth to go around so to me this means that the Basic WiFi speed is going to suffer while the Plus and Premier package speed gets a bump. At the limit, if everyone purchased a package, the speed would be the same as it is today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, dog said:

How much is one device with elite discount for my March 2025 cruise? No package?

plus package?

current cost is $12.50/day for elite with the 50% discount. Plus package is currently $60/pp/day with first two in a cabin required to purchase

Edited by skynight
  • Thanks 1

Guest SeaTheWorldOnPrincess

So if you are a long time Princess “elite” passenger that does not drink alcohol you can buy the low speed internet for $24.99.  

The new management team at Princess does not care about the long time loyal passengers who have supported this line for 30+ years.

Time to book small passenger ships like Windstar, Hurtigruten, etc.

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

I didn't read that Princess has gone and increased bandwidth for their ships since the addition of Starlink connectivity. Even with Starlink there's only so much bandwidth to go around so to me this means that the Basic WiFi speed is going to suffer while the Plus and Premier package speed gets a bump. At the limit, if everyone purchased a package, the speed would be the same as it is today.

I wasn't aware that Princess had an access point in every cabin, which helps.

I also don't think Princess ever used the bandwidth that was available to them. The current speeds are slow compare with some of the other cruise lines with Starlink. Starlink always seems to be launching more satellites - sometimes they even end up in the right orbit.

I think Amazon's Kuiper is going to give Starlink some competition.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SeaTheWorldOnPrincess said:

So if you are a long time Princess “elite” passenger that does not drink alcohol you can buy the low speed internet for $24.99.  

The new management team at Princess does not care about the long time loyal passengers who have supported this line for 30+ years.

You can buy tomorrow the same you can buy today.

Windstar packages cost more than Princess' packages and Internet by the day also costs more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaTheWorldOnPrincess said:

Elite’s will get a 50% discount on that price. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1