How soon is too soon for flight out of Ft. Lauderdale?

JMB1969

PLENTY of time to make that flight!  They kick you off the ship early and the airport is only 10 minutes away.  We have made a 9:30am and 10am flight.  On those cruises we walked off with our luggage as soon as they starting disembarking.  We also have TSA pre-check which helps.  You will have lots of time with that flight!  Have a wonderful trip! 🙂

• Like 1

I'm considering a 9:10am flight from FLL end of March our Freedom ship arrives at 6:am and we'll do a self assist walk off and take a taxi. We have TSA and DL skymiles member and not to worried.

20 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm considering a 9:10am flight from FLL end of March our Freedom ship arrives at 6:am and we'll do a self assist walk off and take a taxi. We have TSA and DL skymiles member and not to worried.

You definitely need a back up plan and you should be very worried.  

2 hours ago, zqvol said:

You definitely need a back up plan and you should be very worried.  

No problem I can also take a 10:00am flight too. Usually the SL concierge walks us off.

Just heading to ATL to visit family for a week in between cruises.

On 8/8/2024 at 6:55 PM, JMB1969 said:

Our ship docks at 7am in Port Everglades.  Is an 11:50 am flight out of FLL too soon?  I have DO have TSA precheck.  

Thanks in advance.

You should be fine. 
Have a great cruise 🚢 

On 8/23/2024 at 12:29 PM, Ashland said:

No problem I can also take a 10:00am flight too. Usually the SL concierge walks us off.

Just heading to ATL to visit family for a week in between cruises.

Personally I would plan for the 10 and try for the 9 as standby that morning if it all works out. We did that several years ago when we were booked for the usually early afternoon flight and managed to get off the ship early. Made the 9am no issue as standby. At the very least, if you don't make it in time, or the standby space doesn't open up, you only have an hour to wait for the flight you have seats on. The 10am might have less chance of having room for you if you miss the 9, given the large number of cruisers possibly aiming for that flight as well.

3 hours ago, DanJ said:

Personally I would plan for the 10 and try for the 9 as standby that morning if it all works out. We did that several years ago when we were booked for the usually early afternoon flight and managed to get off the ship early. Made the 9am no issue as standby. At the very least, if you don't make it in time, or the standby space doesn't open up, you only have an hour to wait for the flight you have seats on. The 10am might have less chance of having room for you if you miss the 9, given the large number of cruisers possibly aiming for that flight as well.

Thanks but with the two of us we prefer to pick our seats (together) and so standby won't usually work out for us.