Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

trbarton

Posted (edited)

Has anyone that made a bid recently had their bid excepted. If so what were the details of your bid?

Tom🤔

Edited by trbarton

I'm still waiting for our cabin assignment for a guarantee inside. We're on the Emerald in 18 days. I bid the minimum to upgrade from an inside to an ocean view. The last time I won a bid was the same, going from an inside to an ocean view, back in November 2022. That winning bid notification came 29 days before the cruise.

• Like 3

I’m 21 days before my cruise & I’m aware that it could be only a few days before the cruise that I’m notified. 

I’ve made just slightly over the minimum bid to go from an Ocean View to a balcony. 

Tom😎🤞

• Thanks 1

We got an upgrade from balcony to premium balcony, much bigger balcony and two floors down was what we got for 230 extra dollars.  for enchanted 8/24 sailing     Even though it said ship was sold out

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 11:08 AM, Trimone said:

Looks like it’s in meltdown 

IMG_2383.png

Glad I’m not the only one getting this message. Have you been able to get in since you posted this?  Desperate to cancel our bid, but can’t. Princess can’t help. Really frustrated as it’s a really large bid 😩

What happens if you get a bid accepted a couple of days before your cruise and you have already received your medallion?  Is it automatically reassigned to your new room?  Do you need to get your medallion replaced?

59 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

Glad I’m not the only one getting this message. Have you been able to get in since you posted this?  Desperate to cancel our bid, but can’t. Princess can’t help. Really frustrated as it’s a really large bid 😩

No, still the same, funny enough I want to cancel a bid ? Hopefully we won’t get the upgrade we don’t want?

4 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

Have you tried a different browser? Google chrome or outlook or…?  Sometimes that helps, though it sounds like it’s the site not your browser. Good luck.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

@Suite Susie  I just checked and I can get in no problem.  I used the “modify/cancel” link in my confirmation email and it took me to my bid. I use my iPad/Safari

Edited by t&atravel

17 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

@Suite Susie  I just checked and I can get in no problem.  I used the “modify/cancel” link in my confirmation email and it took me to my bid. I use my iPad/Safari

I think it might an issue for UK cruisers only. 

21 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Susie, have you resolved your issue yet?

Unfortunately not, even phoned Princess in the USA last night, which went through to their call centre. The Rep didn’t understand what I was saying and thought I wanted to cancel my cruise instead of my upgrade bid. Eventually I think I got them to understand me, but then cut me off without finishing the conversation after 20 mins of international call charges.  

2 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

Unfortunately not, even phoned Princess in the USA last night, which went through to their call centre. The Rep didn’t understand what I was saying and thought I wanted to cancel my cruise instead of my upgrade bid. Eventually I think I got them to understand me, but then cut me off without finishing the conversation after 20 mins of international call charges.  

I’m wondering if they are just cutting off upgrades? We are on Sun from 14/09 Barcelona to Southampton.

10 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I’m wondering if they are just cutting off upgrades? We are on Sun from 14/09 Barcelona to Southampton.

Same sailing as us. We are already seriously unhappy about the last sea day being replaced with another 24 hours docked in Southampton, one of the reasons why we want to cancel the bid.  Have you tried calling Princess?  Really worried about our bid being accepted, as it is for nearly £3k.  It so bad that nobody at Princess seems to care that we can’t modify it or will take some responsibility for contacting the provider who runs the bid up scheme. Some agents tell me that if we win the bid and don’t pay that we will keep our original cabin. Others have told me we will lose our Suite. But I had to give them my credit card details when I put in my bid, so I think it will all be automatic.  We have now have accessible S4 Suite, as somebody cancelled and we’ve been trying to get one since we booked and I don’t want to lose it.  I need to get in writing to Princess that I want to cancel the bid, so that if it automatically goes through I may have some redress. 

The automatic payment was with NCL, we have won lots of Haven bids with them, apparently Princess inform you that you have won and give you 36 hours to complete payment with a dedicated number, if you are unlucky enough to win, call that number immediately and address you’re issue.

I would imagine Princess are focusing on the US bids because of the two day stay in Southampton, which Americans will love.

Keep in touch 

On 8/12/2024 at 12:07 PM, Suite Susie said:

I think it might an issue for UK cruisers only. 

Possibly - but have you tried UPG who handles the upgrades for Princess and other lines?

If not, try the link below, enter your name and booking number and the bid(s) associated with that booking number can be modified or cancelled.   If you don't have your booking number try searching your email for Princess reservations confirmations. 

https://upg.plusgrade.com/marketing/partner/RNo2BO4VPCL

11 minutes ago, symui said:

Possibly - but have you tried UPG who handles the upgrades for Princess and other lines?

If not, try the link below, enter your name and booking number and the bid(s) associated with that booking number can be modified or cancelled.   If you don't have your booking number try searching your email for Princess reservations confirmations. 

https://upg.plusgrade.com/marketing/partner/RNo2BO4VPCL

Thank you for the link but it gives me the same message that I’m getting when I click the email link to Modify or cancel a bid. I cannot find anyway of contacting UPG to report the issue.