Coffee on Vista

Mrose11

1 hour ago, Mrose11 said:

Are there coffeemakers in the veranda cabins on Vista?

But Baristas up on deck 14 makes any type of specialty coffee and it is adjacent to The Bakery which has the best pastries. No extra charge for any of it.

• Like 4

On 8/11/2024 at 2:15 PM, Fuzzy55 said:

But Baristas up on deck 14 makes any type of specialty coffee and it is adjacent to The Bakery which has the best pastries. No extra charge for any of it.

Correct...  but... that requires getting dressed and leaving the room... and carrying coffee back to the room... where a maker in the room would make it nice to just put on a robe..  grab coffee.. and sit on the balcony... and bring a cup to my wife still in bed......

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, exeter_acres said:

Correct...  but... that requires getting dressed and leaving the room... and carrying coffee back to the room... where a maker in the room would make it nice to just put on a robe..  grab coffee.. and sit on the balcony... and bring a cup to my wife still in bed......

Just us room service.........

• Like 4

We use room service/butler for morning coffee/tea....and even add some fresh fruit and perhaps a bakery treat...also works well as our morning wake up call!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, exeter_acres said:

Although no where near as good as Baristas, just order coffee from room service the night before. If you wanted a line that had coffee makers in room, this one is not for you. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

Although no where near as good as Baristas, just order coffee from room service the night before. If you wanted a line that had coffee makers in room, this one is not for you. 

Does that mean folks aren't allowed to simply voice an opinion that they would be nice?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, exeter_acres said:

Maybe we don't want someone coming in the room.... I get it.. but some of us really like a cup of coffee in the room

Unfortunately O does not have coffee makers in the room so we are trying to offer work arounds....I believe Viking offers them,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exeter_acres said:

Does that mean folks aren't allowed to simply voice an opinion that they would be nice?

You might be better off writing Oceania.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, exeter_acres said:

Just answering your question and stating current facts.   If you, or anyone  wants to offer suggestions send to corporate office, or put in mid cruise reviews. Might be best way to have them "see it"

Edited by kibutzer
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Do PH suites have coffee makers?

No.  None of the staterooms on any of the Oceania ships have coffee makers.

I thought that was made clear in the previous posts.

Terri

• Like 1

4 hours ago, exeter_acres said:

Maybe we don't want someone coming in the room.... I get it.. but some of us really like a cup of coffee in the room

Room service won’t go to your room if you don’t want them to with just a cup of coffee. You can get it at the door. If the coffee maker is your only choice then it’ll not be on the Oceania.

17 hours ago, exeter_acres said:

As the Rolling Stones said so many decades ago, sometimes you just can't get what you want.

BUT you do have options... Room service, Baristas, the Executive & Concierge Lounges (for those in Ph & up or Concierge), and the coffee makers in the TC & Horizons.

• Like 1

if you are going to get coffee anywhere on ship to take back to your cabin be sure u have a coffee thermos with a top. O does not have plastic covers for the paper containers that people bring into the elevators that spill. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Harters said:

Horizons on Vista doesn't have a coffee machine. 

Good to know. But just another reminder for me of the Vista "pay more, get less" program compared to Riviera. There was a nice continental breakfast spread in the corner of Horizons early in the am with a coffee machine. Some nice views. Enjoyed sailing into Kotor 11/2023 around 0600 with some coffee and food from it. Seemed like some of the crew was also using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

Good to know. But just another reminder for me of the Vista "pay more, get less" program compared to Riviera. There was a nice continental breakfast spread in the corner of Horizons early in the am with a coffee machine. Some nice views. Enjoyed sailing into Kotor 11/2023 around 0600 with some coffee and food from it. Seemed like some of the crew was also using it.

No Vista has barristas and an amazing bakery and breakfast items with a 180 degree view for our early morning coffee so we pay less and get more.....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, basor said:

No Vista has barristas and an amazing bakery and breakfast items with a 180 degree view for our early morning coffee so we pay less and get more.....

And how exactly is this superior to Riviera? I can stand in Baristas on Deck 14 and look out, too. And when there I want good coffee, not worthless carbs. I pretty much avoid all rice, potatoes and bread while cruising.

Posted (edited)

On Vista Barristas has lots of nice comfy tables and chairs all around the floor to ceiling windows, with a large spread of non-carb breakfast items and a barrista that will make fresh brewed coffee drinks to order...I will take that over a urn full of coffee made several hours ago or a self serve espresso machine..understand you have never sailed on Vista so difficult for you to comment on things not ever experienced,  Those of us that have sailed on all 7 of the ships can make experience based comments - both pro and con.

Here is a link to a video of barristas on Vista - 

Hopefully this gives a better idea of how nice early morning coffee is on Vista.  In the morning the food area has fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese, meats, etc., and is continually changed during the day to reflect foods appropriate for the time of day.  So there are 2 areas serving food...

Edited by basor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, basor said:

... Those of us that have sailed on all 7 of the ships can make experience based comments - both pro and con.

Though this is what O says about Baristas on Riviera: "This delightful coffee bar is a favorite stop for java lovers. Enjoy complimentary espressos, cappuccinos and lattes prepared by our master baristas, as well as the delicious pastries, finger sandwiches and homemade biscotti that draw so many to Baristas throughout the day."

Now we can talk PRICE. The latest 2025 Med cruise brochure has the least 3 expensive cruises (2 on smaller R-class ships & 1 on Marina) at $560, $600 and $616 per couple per day. You won't come close with Vista pricing! The Vista cruises listed are at $834, $885, and $900 per couple per day. Least expensive cabins, of course.

And we'll have to agree to disagree on the value of adding "pizza" in general, and replacing Jacques on Marina & Riviera with Ember & Aquamar on Vista.

Though I suspect you may agree that there are serious issues in the Vista Lounge, at least they seem ubiquitous on the threads here. So many seem to use words like, "The designer should be (insert bad thing that could be done to him/her here)."

I will take your comments seriously when you have sailed on Vista - which I doubt you ever will.  Just don't bash the rest of us for not sharing your same opinions.  This is getting tiring .  I love Riviera, in fact have a B2B2B booked for this Fall and one of our favorite cruises was on Sirena up the Amazon .  We look for the good in all of our cruises 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2