Rotterdam Balcony vs Vista Suites

Other than size what have you found to be the benefits of a Vista suite over a Veranda?

I haven't been able to find many but maybe I am not looking in the right places.

So many decisions.  LOL

TIA

IMHO Vista is not worth it - only real difference is where the couch is and you get binoculars which you can bring yourself if you think you will need them.  

• Like 2

...and you can "brag" that you are in a suite. That has to be worth something to some people.  Other than a few more feet of space, you also get to be in the middle of the ship with no lifeboats blocking your view to the sea. 

I so enjoy the Neptune Suite braggarts, who ensure they tell everyone they are in a "Neptune Suite" or how much they enjoy the Neptune Lounge, its Concierge, etc.  

When I was able to take an upsell to a Neptune for an Alaska trip, my wife commented after we stopped in the Neptune Lounge - "What good is a fancy lounge with no windows?" 

I am happy with my standard balcony at half the cost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

what have you found to be the benefits of a Vista suite over a Veranda?

We paid to upgrade from a balcony to a Visa suite once (on the Nieuw Statendam) and we will never do that again. 

For us, the cabin was just a little bit bigger but no other benefit......

We will never make that mistake again.

I think that the Vista Suite would be better for a family due to the extra space in the sofa area. Other than that, it's really just a longer balcony room.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

We paid to upgrade from a balcony to a Visa suite once (on the Nieuw Statendam) and we will never do that again. 

For us, the cabin was just a little bit bigger but no other benefit......

We will never make that mistake again.

And we paid to upsell from a Spa Veranda to a Vista (never considered the stateroom as a "Suite" and certainly never bragged) and thought the cost worth every penny!

We loved the bit of extra room, the bed by the veranda, the make-up table near the bathroom, the extra space to dress near the closets (instead of having to walk around the bed to get to the living area, as in a standard Veranda), and the extra storage!  We liked the cabinet in the living area for stacking sweaters and folded pants (a cold weather cruise) and we especially liked the overhead storage above the sofa.  Reminded us of the bins over the beds on Celebrity.  Lot's of room in the bins when moving the life jackets.  Finally, the midship location of the Vista's is wonderful!!!  

Having said all of the above, the cost of the Vista's is a lot more than they should be.  Not including a larger bathroom in these "Suites" in my opinion, was a mistake.  I would not mind paying the asking price if the stateroom included larger baths.

• Like 2

I booked a Vista Suite on the Rotterdam on one occassion and was because the price was less than a regular balcony.  It was a great midship location and the added room was no be deal for one person.  The only way I would do that again is if the price is right.