Syd Norman's Pour House

Posted (edited)

It really depends on the show. The venue gets more popular later in the week as people hear about it. We found that if we arrived about 30 to 45 minutes before the doors open, even if there was a long line, we always found a seat. Otherwise, if we arrived at the time of the show, we were able to stand in the back, which was fine. The shows are amazing and we really enjoyed them. This is something you don’t want to miss! 

Edited by Savmom9801
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MAZ-JMZ said:

How early do you have to arrive in order to find a seat?  Is this a good entertainment option?

early, somewhere around 60 to 90 minutes - unless you are in the Haven on the BA and BA + ships, Haven folks get in early, have been there, and have done that once.

Syds line on the Prima, about 1hr before the show

image.thumb.jpeg.c7976dc611fca764257962eafa7dc799.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, RIvacationgirl said:

Well, two weeks ago we went about half hour before open, and we could not get in. That was on the Escape.

But on the Escape the outside bar did have TV screens and a fairly good sound system, plus fresh air, plus they left the curtains open so you could see the show

20 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

unless you are in the Haven on the BA and BA + ships, Haven folks get in early, have been there, and have done that once.

I thought they stopped doing this for Haven folk?  Too much of an outcry by the rest of the ship?

14 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

I thought they stopped doing this for Haven folk?  Too much of an outcry by the rest of the ship?

Yea, a few years ago we were stunned to find the place already full when the doors "opened." No good. It's a shame the place is smaller than can handle demand.  On the plus side, the Piano Bar was less crowded.

17 minutes ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

They have done it on a few ships but were told you can still get in.

42 minutes ago, RIvacationgirl said:

Well, two weeks ago we went about half hour before open, and we could not get in. That was on the Escape.

On the Escape, the trick is, get a drink (or two, or...) at Tobacco Road. You can monitor the line at Syd's and get up when the time is right.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

A few months ago we got in early on a Haven cruise, but that seems to have ended now.  We just got off a Breakaway cruise last week and concierge said they can no longer do this.

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

On the Escape, the trick is, get a drink (or two, or...) at Tobacco Road. You can monitor the line at Syd's and get up when the time is right.

This is EXACTLY what we do...sit at the end of the bar where we can see the line, about 90 min prior. Then as soon as one person gets in line we hop over. 

Sitting out on Waterfront is a great spot too--they pipe it out there (right outside Syds).

Unfortunately on Prima NO Waterfront & we had to get in line 60-90 min early with no nearby by. 

But I am picky about where I sit. I don't think I've ever seen anyone turned away, you can always stand.

Posted (edited)

On the Escape last year I had planned to meet some other solos around 8:30 or 8:45 (for a 9:30 show, if I recall) to get in line for the show.  When I walked by shortly after 8 and the line was already to the elevator lobby I decided to just get in line.

Edited by hallux