Problem Modifying Bid

Suite Susie

Posted (edited)

We are desperately trying to cancel our upgrade bid for our cruise in just over a month’s time. For the last 10 days have been getting this message:

“oh no, you’re out of luck. It seems like we can’t find any offers at this moment, please try again later.”

My friend who is also on this cruise is getting the same message. I have spoken to Princess in the UK and they seem to be aware that there is a problem but there is nothing they can do to cancel our bid. This is very frustrating as it is a large bid that we’ve put in for an Owners Suite which we can no longer afford due to other circumstances.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  We have already modified our bid once and it clearly states that we can modify or cancel up until five days before sailing if an upgraded cabin has not been allocated to us.  There is no phone number to contact anybody in this third-party company and I’m now getting really worried that we’re gonna win an upgrade bid which we no longer want. 

Is anybody else getting the same error message?  Would really appreciate any help. I have even changed our VPN to the USA and I’m getting the same message.  

Edited by Suite Susie
Typo

That’s unacceptable.  Do you have a TA/CVP that can help?  How soon is your trip?

If you booked directly, I would try to get a CVP assigned to you.  You can request one and ask for their help.

Have you emailed any one in corporate? 

• Like 1

Yes, you can modify your upgrade bid on a Princess cruise, but there are specific conditions to keep in mind:

1. Time Frame: You can modify or cancel your bid up until a certain point, usually before the upgrade is accepted. Once the bid is accepted, you cannot modify or cancel it.

2. How to Modify:

• Online: Log into your Princess Cruises account, navigate to the section for your upcoming cruise, and find the “Upgrade” or “Bid” section. Here, you can adjust the amount of your bid or cancel it.
    • Via App: If you are using the Princess Cruises app, you can go to the “Upgrade” section of your booking and modify your bid there.
  3. Confirmation: After modifying your bid, make sure to check for a confirmation email to ensure that your changes have been successfully applied.

4. Availability: The ability to modify or cancel a bid may not be available close to the cruise departure date, so it’s best to make any changes as early as possible.

4 hours ago, cptlapcat said:

Yes, you can modify your upgrade bid on a Princess cruise, but there are specific conditions to keep in mind:

1. Time Frame: You can modify or cancel your bid up until a certain point, usually before the upgrade is accepted. Once the bid is accepted, you cannot modify or cancel it.

2. How to Modify:

• Online: Log into your Princess Cruises account, navigate to the section for your upcoming cruise, and find the “Upgrade” or “Bid” section. Here, you can adjust the amount of your bid or cancel it.
    • Via App: If you are using the Princess Cruises app, you can go to the “Upgrade” section of your booking and modify your bid there.
  3. Confirmation: After modifying your bid, make sure to check for a confirmation email to ensure that your changes have been successfully applied.

4. Availability: The ability to modify or cancel a bid may not be available close to the cruise departure date, so it’s best to make any changes as early as possible.

I’ve already made my bid, the cruise is still a month away and I want to cancel it. I have tried all avenues of accessing my bid and get the same message every time. I’m at my wits end on this and don’t know what to do. Other guests are having the same issue.

OP - We are desperately trying to cancel our upgrade bid for our cruise in just over a month’s time. For the last 10 days have been getting this message:

“oh no, you’re out of luck. It seems like we can’t find any offers at this moment, please try again later.”

I have gotten this same message.   You may also try using the web version of Princess.  Actually, it may be better to use the chat feature and then you may have a record of your declination of bid and cancellation of cruise.  

On 8/12/2024 at 7:08 PM, Suite Susie said:

I’ve already made my bid, the cruise is still a month away and I want to cancel it. I have tried all avenues of accessing my bid and get the same message every time. I’m at my wits end on this and don’t know what to do. Other guests are having the same issue.

Hi Susie, the cruise is showing completely sold out? 

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

Hi Susie, the cruise is showing completely sold out? 

Must have been a glitch. Loads of availability showing tonight. 

FYI I think I might have made some progress today. Last night I contacted Princess through Instagram explaining the problem. I had a very nice lady in Guest Relations from Princess call me. She has been trying to cancel our bid from her end and was having the same issues. She is going to report the issue to marketing in the US giving my booking as an example of the problem. She has put a note on my booking saying that we will be declining any bid up wins. She said if we did get an email saying we had won, to contact them and they would make sure that we didn’t have to pay and that we would keep our original suite. She was very reassuring. Hopefully, the relevant office will be able to sort this out for everybody who is having the same problem. So keep checking your link!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

Must have been a glitch. Loads of availability showing tonight. 

FYI I think I might have made some progress today. Last night I contacted Princess through Instagram explaining the problem. I had a very nice lady in Guest Relations from Princess call me. She has been trying to cancel our bid from her end and was having the same issues. She is going to report the issue to marketing in the US giving my booking as an example of the problem. She has put a note on my booking saying that we will be declining any bid up wins. She said if we did get an email saying we had won, to contact them and they would make sure that we didn’t have to pay and that we would keep our original suite. She was very reassuring. Hopefully, the relevant office will be able to sort this out for everybody who is having the same problem. So keep checking your link!

How bazaar, it was completely sold out earlier? 
Hope it all goes well 🥂

@Suite Susie  We're on the same sailing as you I think (14 Sep Sun Princess 9nts).

We've just had our bid accepted (at 0141hrs on 16 Aug UK time), moving from a C2 (we didn't want a deck 9 cabin that has double height plexi glass, which we weren't aware of when booked) to an S4.

It hasn't taken the payment automatically and says this in the emailL

"Please pay for the accepted offer within 72 hours of this notification, or immediately if you are travelling withing 7 days, via one of the following methods:

• Pay through your Cruise Personaliser at princess.com
  • Call our Contact Centre at 0344 338 8663, Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-4pm"

So, it does appear that auto payment doesn't happen, which is good news for you.

Having checked the website, all S4s have now gone, but see there are still 5 S2's available (3 on deck 10 and 2 on deck 16).

Hopefully, you'll get to stay in your original suite now.

• Thanks 1

Fortunately a lovely lady from Princess in Southampton called yesterday morning and made a note that I would not accept a bid upgrade and it worked. Had an email in the middle of the night saying our bid was cancelled. Been all too stressful though, but can now relax. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

Fortunately a lovely lady from Princess in Southampton called yesterday morning and made a note that I would not accept a bid upgrade and it worked. Had an email in the middle of the night saying our bid was cancelled. Been all too stressful though, but can now relax. 

Well unbelievable, after end of work’s drinking in the garden I got upgraded to what I wanted, and not what I didn’t want….

Not telling the wife it’s a surprise 🥂🍻🍺🥃🍸

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Well unbelievable, after end of work’s drinking in the garden I got upgraded to what I wanted, and not what I didn’t want….

Not telling the wife it’s a surprise 🥂🍻🍺🥃🍸

Thought you would win it. What did you get?

55 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

Thought you would win it. What did you get?

M2 from balcony whatever, but I paid with blue light originally so back to balcony price..

i’ve made an upgrade bid from the US. My sailing is September 2, 2024. Since I’ve not heard anything from Princess is there a special number to call & check vs the main number?

Thanks!

Tom😀👍

15 hours ago, trbarton said:

i’ve made an upgrade bid from the US. My sailing is September 2, 2024. Since I’ve not heard anything from Princess is there a special number to call & check vs the main number?

Thanks!

Tom😀👍

They will e-mail you, and it will show on your personalizer

• Like 1