Princess Premier - vanished?

Lolou127

I’m just doing my daily check to see if our cruise dropped in price (Price guarantee) and there is no Premier option showing, so I picked another random cruise and it’s not there either, just a glitch or is something going on? 

• Like 1

I don’t see it either. But I saw a post on FB about a change to Premier, raising it to $90/day and will include unlimited specialty . This change to begin August 31st and deployed on different dates throughout the fleet. They didn’t post a link just screenshots so I can’t verify it 

• Like 2

I wonder if the price increase will be added to our booking or if we’ll get the old premier package? I’m guessing they won’t give us the updated package at the old price?

My bookings show the new price increase for the Premier package, but the new benefits are listed under the Plus package. lol

How are they going to implement unlimited Specialty dining when people have a hard time getting reservations now for some of the restaurants?

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

On app I see premier $80 with 71-% saving.  Lines are going through it so it is revising right now.

now my suite booking shows 2 casual meals with my premier package.  So give it some time to correct and update.

Edited by dog

2 minutes ago, gailisacruzin said:

If premier has access to unlimited speciality dining wonder how hard it will be for the rest of the passengers to make reservations at speciality restaurants 

Good question

Ive always loved Princess because, besides less kids, loved that it felt more relaxed. Reservations such as for shows weren't needed, package prices were decently priced, wifi was just one level, you could just pay for what you wanted, just felt less complicated. Love the cruise product.

Im getting bad feelings with all these changes. From having to have packages to get anything extra, horrible communication  and now raising this package without even a warning. Its their company, their marketing and Im sure they feel like they know what they are doing, but I don't think I, personally, am liking the signs.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wonder if people who have already booked premier will receive the additional speciality restaurants - I doubt it and 2 is usually enough for us on most cruises.

We also have never hit the 15 drink limit, so unlimited alcohol is not an added value.

Edited by Mara4166

5 minutes ago, Mara4166 said:

I wonder if people who have already booked premier will receive the additional speciality restaurants - I doubt it and 2 is usually enough for us on most cruises.

We also have never hit the 15 drink limit, so unlimited alcohol is not an added value.

That’s my question, we booked Premier for a 2026 cruise 2 weeks ago, I wonder what will happen or will they ask us to pay more for the Premier package we’ve already got? managing a 2 tier system will cause them a headache?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

That’s my question, we booked Premier for a 2026 cruise 2 weeks ago, I wonder what will happen or will they ask us to pay more for the Premier package we’ve already got? managing a 2 tier system will cause them a headache?

I believe with the last upgrade they did manage a 2 tier system for quite a while.  We actually have 3 cruises booked at the moment (2024, 2025, and 2026).  I expect the 2024 (November) and 2025 (April) to stay as they are with a 2 tier system.  Given that there are probably not many 2026 packages purchased yet, there is a chance they will just give everyone the additional benefits -probably without any notification or publicity.  

Our 2026 is a TA in November with a lot of sea day so I could possibly see reaching the 15 drink limit once or twice, but it is 17 days and not worth the additional money for 1 or 2 drinks.

i doubt they could get away with charging anyone more when they have already booked the cruise and package for a set price.  Either they manage a 2 tier system or they automatically upgrade everyone who has already purchased to the new benefits.

Edited by Mara4166

Just spoke to Princess UK who could not confirm any price increase or changes to the packages. However when I did a dummy booking Premium was not available but Plus is still £50 pp pnt. 

• Like 2

Updated on Princess website - 

Will I still receive the new perks of Princess Premier® if I purchased the package at the old rate of $80 per day?
You can absolutely upgrade to receive the new perks of Princess Premier® at the new price of $90 per day by paying the $10 difference per day. If you do not wish to upgrade, you can enjoy the package with the original perks as you initially purchased them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Eno said:

Updated on Princess website - 

Will I still receive the new perks of Princess Premier® if I purchased the package at the old rate of $80 per day?
You can absolutely upgrade to receive the new perks of Princess Premier® at the new price of $90 per day by paying the $10 difference per day. If you do not wish to upgrade, you can enjoy the package with the original perks as you initially purchased them.

Can you please send a link to where the website says this or advise where you are seeing? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2024/08/princess-cruises-enhances-premier-package-with-unlimited-drinks/?fbclid=IwY2xjawEq3LNleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHS0STAc3ybK2-g8pNMu9k1IXCCUKcw_XItA-Iaz1pC5mA5Lmv2dlsaTMrg_aem_2DCygsqN7w2Iz9-Zi_9Ptw#:~:text=Unlimited Specialty Dining%3A Meals at,to the high-performance bandwidth

rincess Cruises announced new enhancements to its Princess Premier package, offering guests unlimited alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, nightly dining at specialty restaurants and connectivity at sea, according to a press release.

The enhanced Princess Premier package is now available for purchase on North American voyages and will be available starting August 16 for sailings departing from all other locations, applicable to cruises on or after August 31.

Priced at $90 per person per day, the Princess Premier package features three new enhancements, including:

• Unlimited Premier Beverage Package: An unlimited number of drinks up to $20, including alcoholic beverages, specialty coffees, smoothies and bottled water.
  • Unlimited Specialty Dining: Meals at specialty dining locations every evening, including Crown Grill, Sabatini’s, The Catch by Rudi, Makoto Ocean and Butcher’s Block by Dario Cecchini.
  • Unlimited MedallionNet Max Wi-Fi: Prioritized access to the high-performance bandwidth.

“With the Princess Premier Package, we’re delivering the absolute greatest value in travel and making all-inclusive cruising super easy,” said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. “The most comprehensive package in cruise for an unmatched $90 a day ensures our guests can enjoy their vacation experience without any limitations.”

Premier guests can enjoy unlimited daily beverages priced up to $20 each. Beverages on offer include:

• Top-shelf spirits, reserve wines and signature cocktails by celebrity mixologist Rob Floyd
  • Selection of 75+ spirits, 40+ wines by the glass, 20+ cocktails
  • Premier wines by the glass including Duckhorn, Stag’s Leap, and Grgich Hills
  • Private Woodford Reserve Bourbon Selection created exclusively for Princess
  • Personalized Jack Daniel’s Whiskey Single Barrel Select
  • 25 percent discount on wine bottles (including rare vintages)
  • 25 percent discount on large bottles of water
Edited by FLAlaska

Just now, RDJ said:

Can you please send a link to where the website says this or advise where you are seeing? Thanks!

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

at the bottom of the page there is a headline "Explore All the Details — There’s a Lot to Love" with FAQs below:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gailisacruzin said:

If premier has access to unlimited speciality dining wonder how hard it will be for the rest of the passengers to make reservations at speciality restaurants 

funny thing is, when we tried to make a reservation at Sabatini for 5 (we had Premier), we were told they were fully booked, but the manager made an exception and we got seated at 5. We were there for almost 3 hours, and the restaurant remained half empty the entire time. 

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

I guess this muddles the answer to the question if it is cheaper to buy packages when booking or on the ship.  Princess is likely to increase the cost of packages with no notice so if you want to lock in the price, purchase it when you book the cruise.

I’ve screenshotted the ‘old’ Premier benefits, I’m certain that by 2026 when our cruise is I’ll have completely forgotten all of this happened! or that we booked a week or so before things changed! 

25 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages

at the bottom of the page there is a headline "Explore All the Details — There’s a Lot to Love" with FAQs below:

When I follow that link it’s still £65 per day!?