All on Board vs Departure Time

Hello,

I have a quick question.  I have tried to search this but am not having any luck finding anything.

I am booked on the Nieuw Statendam out of Rome on November 16, 2024. 

I will be staying in Rome for a few days before the cruise and am wanting to take a shared shuttle the morning of the 16th from Rome to the cruise port in Civitavecchia.

The specific shuttle company I am researching has an earliest shuttle of 10:30 am. 

If the Depart time of the cruise is 4:00pm, what would be the all aboard time?

I'm trying to determine if 10:30 isn't too late.  The shuttle company says the drive is 1.5 hours plus time to pick up others if you are one of the first pick-ups.

Thank you!

I believe, for embarkation, one has to be checked in 1.5 hours prior to departure.  I’m not sure if that’s different in Europe.  But a 10:30 shuttle that takes1.5 hours would get you there for noon.  Add another hour for pick up of the other passengers, which I hope is an excessive estimate, that would get you in at 1 pm.  I think you should be okay with that timing.

But another thought could be going to Civi the day prior to the cruise and staying there the one night.  

All aboard is 30 minutes before departure. If you leave at 10:30am you'll be in Civitavecchia by noon, then a shuttle to the ship, so you'll have lunch in the Lido at 1:00pm.

1 minute ago, Sir PMP said:

All aboard is 30 minutes before departure. If you leave at 10:30am you'll be in Civitavecchia by noon, then a shuttle to the ship, so you'll have lunch in the Lido at 1:00pm.

Not for an embarkation port.

• Like 2

You guys are amazing!  Thank you!

I didn't want to go the night before as I didn't want to miss out on any of Rome.

And I didn't want to brave the train as I'm travelling solo and it was making me nervous with not knowing where I was going and having all of my luggage, etc.  I am willing to put out the extra money to have a shuttle pick me up.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

That is not true.  On embarkation day you must be on the ship at least 2 hours before Sailaway.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MikeD4134 said:

That is not true.  On embarkation day you must be on the ship at least 2 hours before Sailaway.

It's on the boarding pass, but in Civitavecchia they process all on the ship, there is no terminal.

1 hour ago, Sir PMP said:

It's on the boarding pass, but in Civitavecchia they process all on the ship, there is no terminal.

That's not true either. There are two terminals, plus several tent structures at the other docks.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I’ve never been processed on the ship in Civitavecchia.  It’s always been in the terminal.

I guess, it's been awhile for me to check in at Civitavecchia, I never went into a terminal, just a parking lot for the shuttle. I'll find out in 6 weeks when I'm on the Oosterdam.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Where do you get your information? There certainly is a terminal in Civitavecchia, we used it last September for our cruise from there and everyone had to be checked in 90 minutes before departure.

Edited by terrydtx

19 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Where do you get your information? There certainly is a terminal in Civitavecchia, we used it last September for our cruise from there and everyone had to be checked in 90 minutes before departure.

See above.

Posted (edited)

I embarked on the Oosterdam this past July at Civitavecchia. Ship departure was 5 pm and all aboard was 330 pm. So 90 minutes before departure. It sailed out of Terminal 12 South, and you needed to either take a licensed taxi, a bus shuttle from the Lago della Pace plaza, or walk to the terminal’s luggage dropoff. Your actual terminal may be different, but should be close to 12. Then it’s a pretty quick checkin and security in the adjacent part of the terminal. You may want to check if your shuttle is licensed to drop you off right at the terminal or only can go to Lago della Pace.IMG_4227.thumb.jpeg.4c5b3a6abdd14b6f233637bc1ed27523.jpeg

Edited by vicd1969
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We have used Bob's Limos for private transfers from Rome to the cruise ship. On November 16th the cost for 2 people is 169 Euros. They pick up at your hotel and take you directly to the ship and drop you off at the terminal to drop off your bags. Here is a link to them:

Rome City-Civitavecchia City - BOB's Limo (romelimousines.com)

Edited by terrydtx

4 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

I embarked on the Oosterdam this past July at Civitavecchia. Ship departure was 5 pm and all aboard was 330 pm. So 90 minutes before departure. It sailed out of Terminal 12 South, and you needed to either take a licensed taxi, a bus shuttle from the Lago della Pace plaza, or walk to the terminal’s luggage dropoff. Your actual terminal may be different, but should be close to 12. Then it’s a pretty quick checkin and security in the adjacent part of the terminal. You may want to check if your shuttle is licensed to drop you off right at the terminal or only can go to Lago della Pace.IMG_4227.thumb.jpeg.4c5b3a6abdd14b6f233637bc1ed27523.jpeg

Thank you, all new to me.