Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Grease!

Disclaimer : I work in the arts/entertainment sector and spend a lot of time working at the theatre. I’ve seen a lot of shows, and musicals are my favourite live entertainment. I must have seen Grease about 30 times - from high school productions to professional broadway shows. They would have to do something REALLY bad for me to not like it. I liked this show just fine..,

The singing and dancing get a solid 10/10. Those kids are talented and I smiled at every bit of nostalgic memories. The acting…ouch. That’s where things went south for me! I get it - it’s tough to find a triple threat. I imagine finding one willing to work on cruise ships is even tougher. But then I question why the cruise lines go this route? Personally, I would have preferred an hour of all the singing and dancing (which truly was fantastic) and just skip the spoken storylines. Not saying I didn’t enjoy it, but the forced accents and bad emphasis was almost painful at times. Having said that, I will watch it again with the kids in a couple of days…

IMG_4640.jpeg

IMG_4641.jpeg

Played Frenchie in my misspent youth.  IMHO just an awful show.  So not appropriate for younger audiences.  Does no one pay attention to lyrics?  The chicks will cream????

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Does no one pay attention to lyrics?  The chicks will cream????

Yeah, the chicks will cream rinse the grease out of their bouffants. You're right though, terrible play.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, atanac said:

Yeah, the chicks will cream rinse the grease out of their bouffants. You're right though, terrible play.

Yeah that’s not what the lyrics mean.  

• Like 1

DS and I have had a very chill afternoon. He was keen for me to get a drink from the robot…I broke the system! I didn’t know I had to scan my card to order and, obviously, whoever had ordered on the iPad prior hadn’t logged out. I had no idea how all this worked so just went ahead and ordered the drink. Then, of course, once it was made, I couldn’t claim it as my card wasn’t the correct one (I should say that two other people had the same issue). Anyways, some poor person got charged for my drink and the bartender dude had to come and release it from the robot. I started over and got a Banana Cake - this time successfully!

IMG_4706.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg

IMG_4711.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

DS and I have had a very chill afternoon. He was keen for me to get a drink from the robot…I broke the system! I didn’t know I had to scan my card to order and, obviously, whoever had ordered on the iPad prior hadn’t logged out. I had no idea how all this worked so just went ahead and ordered the drink. Then, of course, once it was made, I couldn’t claim it as my card wasn’t the correct one (I should say that two other people had the same issue). Anyways, some poor person got charged for my drink and the bartender dude had to come and release it from the robot. I started over and got a Banana Cake - this time successfully!

IMG_4706.jpeg

IMG_4708.jpeg

IMG_4711.jpeg

Took one sip of my selection and dumped it in the trash along with many other people’s.  Thank God for the drink package cuz it was a waste.  Must be a better use of the space.

• Like 3

I tried to get my dining reservations sorted (I wasn’t the only one - it seems lots of people got their reservations messed up and only realizing when going to eat). Of course, none of the times I chose were available at this point. To their credit, they did at least try to help me rather than brush it off. It ended with them suggesting I come at 5:45 as standby (originally I booked for 6:30). I didn’t want to make it into a big deal so left it at that. Then got back to the room a little later and found this! So confused!

IMG_4701.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I actually love the Windjammer for dinner.  Different stations.  Pasta in one, Indian in another.  Meat and potatoes in another.  A wide variety to choose from.  Oh, and the desserts…..

on one of our RC cruises, my sister and I ate solely in Windjammer for dinner.  Never got bored.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I tried to get my dining reservations sorted (I wasn’t the only one - it seems lots of people got their reservations messed up and only realizing when going to eat). Of course, none of the times I chose were available at this point. To their credit, they did at least try to help me rather than brush it off. It ended with them suggesting I come at 5:45 as standby (originally I booked for 6:30). I didn’t want to make it into a big deal so left it at that. Then got back to the room a little later and found this! So confused!

IMG_4701.jpeg

Wow.  I would take that and go see the Maitre'd.  If they're not "on" yet, go to GS.  This is ridiculous.  They have SO messed up MTD. 

• Like 2

We sat at the pub for an hour or so playing cards. Someone was up in Central Park taking a nap and became the subject of a lot of photos and discussion! He did eventually wake up and was a good sport, waving down at everyone!

IMG_4712.jpeg

IMG_4713.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

14 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

I actually love the Windjammer for dinner.  Different stations.  Pasta in one, Indian in another.  Meat and potatoes in another.  A wide variety to choose from.  Oh, and the desserts…..

on one of our RC cruises, my sister and I ate solely in Windjammer for dinner.  Never got bored.

I like the WJ too like I said with a side trip to the solarium for baklava. The Greek food is all greek to me.  Sorry bad joke... didnt like it but love the dessert. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

IMG_4701.jpeg

The card left in your cabin was probably written earlier in the day as it matches the traditional dining shown on your sea pass.

If the person at the dining room suggested for you to arrive at 545 pm I would do that.

I hope that worked for you tonight.

• Like 3

Dinner tonight was at The Solarium. The food was all great and I loved the small plates, since I was still pretty full from dinner. What stood out was the inconsistency among tables in terms of service. Some table got asked if they wanted drinks, while others (ours included) were ignored. I’m not a “flag down a waiter” person, since I feel like that should not be required. In this restaurant, not only did we not get drinks, but we didn’t get water refilled or plates cleared. At one point, I had to stack them in the middle of the table so we could fit another plate on! The restaurant was NOT busy so no excuse. We watched as the table next to us got drinks, water, rapid clearing each time a plate was finished, and even asked if they wanted coffee. For us…nada. It’s not a make or break. I’m pretty low maintenance. But I don’t really understand why….

IMG_4719.jpeg

IMG_4720.jpeg

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4722.jpeg

IMG_4723.jpeg

IMG_4724.jpeg

IMG_4725.jpeg

IMG_4726.jpeg

IMG_4727.jpeg

IMG_4728.jpeg

IMG_4729.jpeg

IMG_4730.jpeg

• Like 11

Kids wanted to watch Grease tonight so I sat through it for the second time. The show was plagued with issues from the outset, it started 20 minutes late due to issues with the computer that controls sounds/lights. Then the actor playing Kinnicky fell off one of the bleachers. Then they had more technical issues and stopped the show for another 10 minutes. Then it restarted and stopped again after 1 minute. Finally, they did get it running to completion but many of the audience had left. Once again, the singing and dancing were stellar!

• Like 9

I forgot to mention that tonight was formal night. We don’t do formal (though we do dress nicely for dinner) which is why I booked The Solarium rather than the dining room. I would say that less than 30% of people were dressed formally and those that were seemed to be in it solely for the pictures!

• Like 6

So I may or may not be drunk (disclaimer:I am). Someone has to explain the elevator situation on this ship. I swear to you, these elevators are like the Willie Wonka ones that go sideways and backwards. No matter which elevator bank I take to the room, I come out at the door decorated with “celebrate”… and instead of filling me with joy and excitement, my just feel sadness and despair as that room is like 100 rooms from my room. My room is literally next to an elevator bank, but for the life of me I can’t seem to find those elevators to get home. Let me tell you, trying to walk a straight line down those long hallways is no easy task!

• Haha 23

It’s 12:45am. I sat at the bar at the pub for a long time, enjoying the company of various folks (the cowboys were back tonight). I love the singer in there - @YVRteacher Sweet Caroline is hot in this pub! DD came by at one point to steal a mouthful of my drink before moving along with the teens. I’m now headed to the club with the cowboys. DS already called it a night and DD has curfew at 1am so I’m freeeerr

FWIW folks complain about carnival people being drunk. It’s only day 2 on this ship and I have seen MANY people beyond drunk!!! 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I forgot to mention that tonight was formal night. We don’t do formal (though we do dress nicely for dinner) which is why I booked The Solarium rather than the dining room. I would say that less than 30% of people were dressed formally and those that were seemed to be in it solely for the pictures!

I find that very few dress formal on summertime caribbean cruises.   

That's unacceptable that  no waitstaff assisted you in the solarium.  You shouldn't have to ask.