Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

19 minutes ago, registrar said:

What drinks can you get with that 10 Drink card? Beer? Wine?

Usually any drink that you can get with the drink package...anything less than $13 (or maybe $14 now?).  That would include beer any a good selection of wine.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Ran back to the room to get changed and found a message on the phone. The dining room checking in about why we hadn’t gone to any of the meals there. Hmmm. Let’s see…maybe because I made my reservations at times that worked for us and then they all got switched to 8:30pm (which definitely didn’t work). I’m not one to go somewhere on the off chance, so even though we could have gone for my time without reservations that’s just not how I roll. I like flexible dining but I also like to know I’m getting a table at the time I want (hence the reservations). After the first night where they told me we had no reservations other than 8:30 every night, we never went back. No biggie. But don’t ask why I’m not there if it’s because you messed up my times!

You MIGHT have been OK with the earlier times that you had booked if you'd gone back the second night.  I'm guessing the card on your room saying 8:30 was a mistake.  Not worth the hassle though to spend another evening trying to get it right.  It's been many cruises since we've eaten in the MDR.  We're either in the suite restaurant, specialty dining, or the Windjammer.  It recently hasn't felt like the MDR is worth it over the WJ.  We like the more casual, come as you are, when you want, mix and match food options in the WJ.  And the WJ food for dinner is often on par with the MDR.

I don't understand why Royal has so many MDR problems...especially the first night.  I get that it's a major logistical problem with so many people, and I'm sure that we passengers are also part of the problem not knowing how things work initially, but you'd think they'd have it figured out by now.  There's no excuse for the reservation that you make pre-cruise not transferring properly to the ship, which seems to happen a lot.  Since you're new to Royal, you may not have yet heard that their IT systems suck.  🙄

• Like 3

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

You MIGHT have been OK with the earlier times that you had booked if you'd gone back the second night.  I'm guessing the card on your room saying 8:30 was a mistake.  Not worth the hassle though to spend another evening trying to get it right.  It's been many cruises since we've eaten in the MDR.  We're either in the suite restaurant, specialty dining, or the Windjammer.  It recently hasn't felt like the MDR is worth it over the WJ.  We like the more casual, come as you are, when you want, mix and match food options in the WJ.  And the WJ food for dinner is often on par with the MDR.

I don't understand why Royal has so many MDR problems...especially the first night.  I get that it's a major logistical problem with so many people, and I'm sure that we passengers are also part of the problem not knowing how things work initially, but you'd think they'd have it figured out by now.  There's no excuse for the reservation that you make pre-cruise not transferring properly to the ship, which seems to happen a lot.  Since you're new to Royal, you may not have yet heard that their IT systems suck.  🙄

We definitely haven’t gone hungry! I do wish the opening times of the other places were different though - I’m determined to try mini bites today as every time I’ve thought of going there it was closed. Same with the dog house - though we did manage to catch that one time.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, registrar said:

Beer?

Financially, it makes no sense to get beer with the card as individual beers are usually less than buying with card. Even rarer than that card, RCI may sell a 10-beer card.

• Thanks 1

The last breakfast…😭 DS has been eyeing the Johnny rocket’s maple bacon shake all week (as an aside, he has gotten more than the beverage package cost in shakes from here 🤣) so we headed down. He decided to do the 3 paid items and reported that they were all delicious. DD got the French toast and I got the cheesy bacon scramblers. I enjoyed it, but would have liked it to be a little hotter!

IMG_5613.jpeg

IMG_5617.jpeg

IMG_5618.jpeg

IMG_5619.jpeg

IMG_5616.jpeg

• Like 11

Poor DS has been bitten by something and those bites are swollen and itchy. Two of them are HUGE! I’ve been giving him after bite and hydrocortisone but it’s not really helping.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Poor DS has been bitten by something and those bites are swollen and itchy. Two of them are HUGE! I’ve been giving him after bite and hydrocortisone but it’s not really helping.

Did he go to a beach in roatan? No see ums are awful. 

• Like 1

Just now, firefly333 said:

Did he go to a beach in roatan? No see ums are awful. 

No beach in Roatán or Costa maya but we went to Paradise Beach yesterday and he just noticed the bites yesterday evening. He usually doesn’t react (DD gets really bad reactions but no issue for her so far) so not sure what got him! 

• Like 5

We were up at 4am this morning to try for tickets to Oasis (the band, not the ship). As soon as they went on sale, we were number 266,000 in the queue. 😭Five hours later, I’m still in the queue and number 84,000. Something tells me I’m not getting tickets.,,

• Like 7

Captains Corner fact sheet (we were so excited about the backstage tour but got here and found out it’s diamond and above only - I really need to check things better).

IMG_5621.jpeg

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Captains Corner fact sheet (we were so excited about the backstage tour but got here and found out it’s diamond and above only - I really need to check things better).

IMG_5621.jpeg

I have following you this week and can't believe your cruise is almost over!! I have enjoyed getting these info papers for years (before covid) but lately I'm having a hard time finding them. They use to be in the racks at guest services.  When I ask there they don't know what I mean. 🤷‍♀️ Glad to see them again. 

Our captain is going home tomorrow (he is from Canada)! He talked a little about the medical emergency evacuation. He mentioned “miracle “ a few times so this was obviously a serious situation. The patient is stable now. We weren’t able to do a helicopter evacuation as it would have made their condition worse, also couldn’t do a long tender for the same reason (they were considering Cancun). To dock in Cozumel for the evacuation, they had to ask Carnival to dock the Valour at a different berth - the berth we were at was the first time for an oasis class ship to dock there (even if briefly).

• Like 11

16 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

So someone decided to combine my two favourite things and make them into something amazing. I said to DS “my two favourite things have become one”. His response: “Alcohol and guacamole?”. 

I bring you, the Avocado Margarita!

IMG_5592.jpeg

Hope it was good. But that sounds disgusting. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Just now, kokopelli-az said:

I hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but is Royal offering luggage valet on your cruise?  

PS:   Your photos are perfect!

Not that I’ve seen and there is no info on the departure sheet about it.

On 8/30/2024 at 8:14 AM, blarko said:

From what I’ve seen on reviews and live streams is most everyone likes it. It’s not the most updated ship but it’s clean and the food is good (from what I’ve heard). The rooms appear to be just like any other ships. The crew are great as well. This is not from personal experience just what I’ve seen and/or heard.

J&J cruises vlog had a week on the newer of the 2 ships and overall liked it.  

• Like 2

Finally made it to mini bites for lunch - love me some guacamole. I saw a family fill one entire plate with sour cream and another entire plate with guacamole. Gave the plates to the kids to hold. And they immediately dropped them, causing a huge splash of sour cream and guacamole. The folks close to them that got splattered were not impressed!

IMG_5628.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Spent the afternoon playing cards in the pub, then in On Air for the Generation Gap game show. The game was fun, but the millennial completely took over the team and was kind of annoying. Kudos to them all for volunteering, though. I would never sign up for stuff like that!

Afterwards came back to the room, finished packing, checked in for tomorrow’s flight. 

Dinner at Windjammer again - I’ve never eaten at a buffet as much as I have on this ship!

IMG_5630.jpeg

IMG_5626.jpeg

IMG_5625.jpeg

IMG_5624.jpeg

IMG_5623.jpeg

• Like 9