How old were you when you discovered

pppiglet

Blueherons...I would say you are well travelled. How lucky! Actually my cruises were my only vacations since I got married 24 years ago! (I went to Hawaii then) Hoping to see more of the world thru cruising.

My DH and I took our 1st cruise in 2003.. I was 25, he was 28 and we have taken one every year since.. the thing I love about cruising is that you get to visit more than just 1 place... then you can decide if you ever want to take a land vacation there.. its like a sampler of places i think,,

weve been to cozumel,jamaica, mexican riveria.. and im glad we had the chance to do this.. i never traveled or FLEW until i met my husband and my 1st flight was in 1999 to hawaii ,, it was worth it.. we went back again and then the rest is CRUISING ONLY!! we are cruise addicts for sure.. totally hooked...

im glad we got a chance in our 20's to do this.. and trying to get other people hooked on it also :)

My first cruise was a free cruise that I won through work. That started my love of cruising. I was 29. If it were not for that free cruise I never would have taken a cruise. I get very bad motion sickness and did not think I could cruise. I also thought that they were very expensive.

My husband has been on two other cruises with his family. So he is two ahead of me :p. We do all types of traveling, cruising is just one of the types of trips we do. But for the value its a winner for us. We love it alot!

We want to do a Alaskan and Med. cruise in the future.

Kim

On the first cruise, I was almost 40. I too wish I had discovered it sooner. My father happened to suggest that we all go on a cruise together becuase there is something for everyone.

Now, I book my next cruise within weeks of returning from my previous cruise. Doesn't matter who wants to go with me. As long as I have my booking.

I am also trying to figure out how I can do more than one a year. I see on these boards that so many of you get great rates. Since I've been taking my kids, I can only go on school breaks (in middle school, I just can't take them out for more than a day or two), and there are no deals. My immediate goal is to find someone who can stay with my kids so DH and I can go on at least a short cruise sometime this year without the kids.

I am truly, truly addicted. Am on CC way, way too often. But if I can't be on a cruise right now, at least I can read about it!

Now, I book my next cruise within weeks of returning from my previous cruise. Doesn't matter who wants to go with me. As long as I have my booking.

I suggest that since you book them so soon after getting off of one, that you book while on-board and get that cabin credit. It will pay for most of your tips!

I was on my honeymoon. We were deciding where to go, and my husband suggested a cruise. I hadn't really considered it because I thought it would be outpriced, but he talked me into it. I can still remember waking up the first morning (at sea) and looking out my window as we cruised by Saba, it was absolutely gorgeous. That was in '95. It was so much fun, we were on a cruise for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th year anniversaries, all in the Caribbean. And last year for our 10th, we cruised for the first time in Europe.

My parents went on their first cruise in 1999 - for their 45th anniversary. They had never been out of the country (other than Canada and my father's war duty in Korea). We made it a family affair - my parents, my brother and his wife, my sister and her husband, and my husband and me. It was a first-time cruise for everyone except my husband and me.

We were in our mid-30s when a friend suggested cruising as a family vacation. However, our daughter was only 10 and she is as hooked as we are.

Our first cruises were on old ships out of NYC on a small line, Chandris Fantasy Cruises, which eventually became Celebrity.

My first "cruise" was a transAtlantic sailing when I was 6. I'm now in my early 50's. About 5 years ago I took my 100th "sailing" and stopped counting after that (but I havne't stopped cruising)

Archived