Iona gym activities - how much is a 'nominal charge'?

I can see from old copies of Horizon that some activities/classes (eg yoga) attract what P&O refer to as a 'nominal charge.'

Can anyone tell me how much a 'nominal charge' might typically be?

We're going to be travelling with someone who might be keen, and they asked me this question.

I've never been to a fitness activity in my life, so I'm hoping a fellow P&O cruiser might be able to advise.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Advanced Diver said:

I seem to remember it was anything but "nominal". I can't remember to be fair but it was either £45 or even £60 for a single spin session. Yoga is going to be similar I expect.

Thank you very much for replying.

That isn't my definition of 'nominal' either. No wonder they didn't specify the fee in print!

I suspect our companion will be enjoying a exercise-free cruise. 😬

2 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

I seem to remember it was anything but "nominal". I can't remember to be fair but it was either £45 or even £60 for a single spin session. Yoga is going to be similar I expect.

I think you are honestly mistaken cannot see P&O charging up to £60 for a single spinning session or yoga session.

I suppose they have to budget for the unentanglement time for those who are a little too enthusiastic in yoga, plus the cost of the crowbar and drum of vaseline.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Advanced Diver said:

I suspect if it was that amount we would have heard about it by now. Is that not that cost of a series of sessions.

On 8/23/2024 at 12:08 PM, Norwayfan1 said:

It is around £15 per class and you can buy a pass that will cover you for all the classes on the cruise that does give a slight discount if you actually went to all of them - and at that price it doesn't compare too badly to the price you would pay for a class onshore.

There is usually a 'stretch' class around 5.30pm or so that is free of charge.

From when I have used the gym the classes seem to be reasonably well attended, but I cannot attest to their quality as I just use the gym equipment.

The gym itself is free of charge and is pretty well equipped with a good number of running and rowing machines for cardio, a good variety of weight machines, plus a reasonable selection of free weights.

On 8/23/2024 at 4:08 AM, Norwayfan1 said:

I can see from old copies of Horizon that some activities/classes (eg yoga) attract what P&O refer to as a 'nominal charge.'

We're going to be travelling with someone who might be keen, and they asked me this question.

I've never been to a fitness activity in my life, so I'm hoping a fellow P&O cruiser might be able to advise.

Many thanks!

Yoga is  14 for a 45 minute class on the Iona